Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 13, 2004, 06:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default New News from Steam...

Quote:
Half-Life 2 For Sale?
November 13, 2004, 4:57 pm · valve

If you have purchased a copy of Half-Life 2, we are sorry you are still waiting to play. This is not Valve's choice. Vivendi is insisting that the game has not yet been released, and has threatened that Valve would be in violation of its contract if we activate the Half-Life 2 Steam authentication servers at this time.

Thanks for your patience and we will update you when we have more news to share.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

sigh...
Arrowhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 06:55 PM   #2
Arrowslinger
Radeon Redneck

Arrowslinger is still being judged by the masses

Hope this shuts the whiners up!

The most realistic hunting game you will ever play!
Arrowslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 06:56 PM   #3
Curiousjoe

Curiousjoe is still being judged by the masses

Default Official Valve Word On Prereleases!!!

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

There it is... DAMN VU damn them to h(ell)eck!
Curiousjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 13, 2004, 06:57 PM   #4
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

OH NO! Trolls! They are beginning to flood!!! and posting already posted news!!!! Begone ye rats!
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 06:59 PM   #5
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hmmm, Arrowhead AND Arrowslinger. I got confused there for a minute.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:00 PM   #6
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Oh when it comes to the letter of the law, there is no loyalty!

Dc/Gary
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:02 PM   #7
Arrowslinger
Radeon Redneck

Arrowslinger is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM
Hmmm, Arrowhead AND Arrowslinger. I got confused there for a minute.

Arrowhead is a wuss canadian

Arrowslinger is a girly man democrat

The most realistic hunting game you will ever play!
Arrowslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:02 PM   #8
Itchiee
Why Bother?

Itchiee is still being judged by the masses

Our hopes have been crushed......

Would have been perfect, no work tomorrow. Stay up late and play.

Jerks!!
Itchiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:03 PM   #9
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowslinger
Arrowhead is a wuss canadian

Arrowslinger is a girly man democrat

yeah, so what's the difference again?
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:04 PM   #10
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

If we have to wait until Tuesday, so be it. But just between you and I, if we all called in to cancel our steam orders, I bet VU might take notice !
Sorry, but I'm fighting with my wife, so I'm in a evil mood this evening here in Ohio...

Dc/Gary

Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:09 PM   #11
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead
yeah, so what's the difference again?
Good question.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:13 PM   #12
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

*evil eyes vivendi*
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:16 PM   #13
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptizzle
i friggin hate vivendi, bunch of homoerotic gay people work there.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:21 PM   #14
Arrowhead
to the knee.

I kinda put some responsibility on valve too though. couldn't they have chosen a publisher who would have been a little more lenient? This is HL2 we're talking about afterall. I can't fathom that there would be a shortage of publishers willing to take them on.

bottom line, Vivendi should be at the mercy of valve, not the other way around as we are seeing now.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:22 PM   #15
Immortal LuD
Rage3D Veteran

Immortal LuD is still being judged by the masses

Well it's nice to know that Vivendi is getting like 95% of the money I paid for my game, and yet, I still can't play it.
Immortal LuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:24 PM   #16
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal LuD
Well it's nice to know that Vivendi is getting like 95% of the money I paid for my game, and yet, I still can't play it.
everybody who has the means should buy from steam as a form of protest.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:25 PM   #17
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Bought mine from steam, Vivendi can suck it.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:36 PM   #18
Curiousjoe

Curiousjoe is still being judged by the masses

Default Awesome!

I LOVE SHACKNEWS' TAKE!! LOOK ON THE FRONT PAGE.. I LOVE THE LAST SENTENCE!

Vivendi Block Half-Life 2 Unlocks - Official 04:58 pm - Andrew Burnes - games: action (33 comments) </FONT>
The official Steam website was just updated with a news piece that confirms VUGames are the cause for no-one being able to play Half-Life 2, despite picking it up in places like Best Buy:

If you have purchased a copy of Half-Life 2, we are sorry you are still waiting to play. This is not Valve's choice. Vivendi is insisting that the game has not yet been released, and has threatened that Valve would be in violation of its contract if we activate the Half-Life 2 Steam authentication servers at this time. Thanks for your patience and we will update you when we have more news to share.

I think a big "**** you" just went out to Vivendi Universal Games. Update: George Broussard of 3D Realms had this to say on Shacknews:
Hey Vivendi...seriously, **** you.
Curiousjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:36 PM   #19
Yminale
Radeon R520

Yminale is still being judged by the masses

You can still play Counter Strike:Source
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:46 PM   #20
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

yea really, pretty stupid of VU. seems even valve wants to unlock it, but VU being the giant wads they are won't give the go ahead.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:48 PM   #21
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Yes buy from steam I know I did tonight. Vivendi are a bunch of thick headed *****es
Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:49 PM   #22
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wonder why they have there panties in such a bunch? Just let release the dang thing and let the gaming commence! My copy of HL2 has been sitting on my comp for awhile now thanks to Steam, but it taunts me so
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:50 PM   #23
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
what im doin

Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:51 PM   #24
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:54 PM   #25
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:56 PM   #26
smallSHEEP
Radeon R420

smallSHEEP is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealsword
Bought mine from steam, Vivendi can suck it.
What he said
24" Samsung LCD / X-fi Music / Sennheiser 555 Headphones
smallSHEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 08:57 PM   #27
Yminale
Radeon R520

Yminale is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXiro
Wonder why they have there panties in such a bunch? Just let release the dang thing and let the gaming commence! My copy of HL2 has been sitting on my comp for awhile now thanks to Steam, but it taunts me so
(Faith Based Reason) VU has some big publicity events planned for Nov 16

(Reality Based Reason) VU is run by Frenchmen and they're a bunch of F<beep>ing A<beep>holes
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 09:00 PM   #28
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Vivendi: I hate you.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 09:02 PM   #29
treefingers1
Assistant Regional Managr

treefingers1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Done and done! I prefer to give my money to the people that actually MAKE the games, not the legalized loan sharks that are modern day publishers.
It works this way with prostitutes too. When they're brand new and all young and hot it's "oh, $100 for a beej" but just wait 30 years man till they're in the bargain bin and it'll only cost you $15 and the time it takes to take out her teeth.
treefingers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 09:02 PM   #30
brc64
Zeekyboogydoog!

brc64 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiousjoe
Update: George Broussard of 3D Realms had this to say on Shacknews:
Hey Vivendi...seriously, **** you.
Am I the only one who sees the irony in somebody from 3D Realms saying "**** you" to somebody for not releasing a game?

- Me
brc64 is offline   Reply With Quote