Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Nov 24, 2021, 01:30 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

If only that ppd was true.
Too bad you're having stability issues. Have you tried folding only your gpu or cpu to see which one is causing the problem?

As for myself, my average ppd took a dive last week when they started issuing the projects 18201.
Turns out it was because I hadn't updated my Nvidia drivers recently and the version I was using were too old for these new cores.
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2021, 03:02 PM   #152
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxor View Post
If only that ppd was true.
Too bad you're having stability issues. Have you tried folding only your gpu or cpu to see which one is causing the problem?

As for myself, my average ppd took a dive last week when they started issuing the projects 18201.
Turns out it was because I hadn't updated my Nvidia drivers recently and the version I was using were too old for these new cores.
I'm pretty sure it's the CPU or motherboard-related. If it's the CPU that would suck because I am not going to be able to separate this thing from the cooler without destroying it. It's stuck bad.

I did update chipset drivers for the first time since upgrading to this CPU (six months ago, roughly). I'll rev it back up tonight and see how it goes.

Also, I was wondering where your points were going. Those low scoring WUs suck. How can we keep R3D on the front page if they keep giving us trash.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2021, 09:44 PM   #153
luxor
Mendoza

I was able to get my hands on a RTX 3060. I should be able to sell my 1660 super for what I paid for the 3060. Hopefully a no cost upgrade that should double my ppd.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 20, 2021, 06:22 AM   #154
luxor
Mendoza

Congrats to JesusFreak71 for reaching 100 millions points!
Old Dec 26, 2021, 08:52 PM   #155
luxor
Mendoza

Old Jan 9, 2022, 07:22 AM   #156
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

I suppose I'll go ahead and move out of the passing lane so Luxor can safely go by...

Old Jan 9, 2022, 06:08 PM   #157
luxor
Mendoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I suppose I'll go ahead and move out of the passing lane so Luxor can safely go by...

About a year ago, it was you who passed me like I wasn't moving (well I really wasn't moving fast at the time).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 07:23 PM   #158
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Turned Precision Boost Overdrive off to improve reliability for these 200K+ base credit work units that cause random reboots. Was given false hope when it ran overnight with no issues.

For stats (left, PBO on, right PBO off):

Less current, less heat, and minimal performance loss to boot!

Nope. Rebooted an hour and a half ago on its own. Like my Vega 64 issues there is no pattern, which points to a bad hardware (again). Luckily it only does this when folding, and so far has only done it on the large WU. Maybe the project will come to an end in a month and I can not get these anymore.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 05:44 PM   #159
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Shame that is happening to you. Does AMD not optimize their drivers for [email protected]?
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 06:57 AM   #160
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
Shame that is happening to you. Does AMD not optimize their drivers for [email protected]?
I'm 99.9% confident the crashing isn't driver related. No one else is complaining on the folding forum. I've a defective CPU or my motherboard has gone bad. I'm just not going to CPU fold until these projects are done. This thing folded at 100% for three months straight after I got it, but there's something about the large projects that causes it to trip over itself.

With GPU folding drivers are optimized to use OpenCL. Right now the onus is on [email protected] to optimize the core to OpenCL. About a year ago they made some optimizations for CUDA and nvidia users saw a 50% increase in points across the board.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 08:28 AM   #161
luxor
Mendoza

I had some issues with my 5950x. Initially, I had it on a cheap AsRock b450 hdv 4.0 but that motherboard could not give it enough power so the computer locked up often.
I then played around with enabling PBO, but temperatures were hitting 90C. Finally, I found a sweet spot with PBO enabled, +200 MHz boost and curve optimizer set at negative 15 for all cores. Everything is stable, performance is good and CPU temperature remains in the 70s without drawing more than 140W (vs 220W before when PBO was enabled with everything else set to auto).
I don't know if these are the optimal settings since I don't quite understand all these PBO setting but it's stable and I'm happy with the performance.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 08:18 PM   #162
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Anyone else having issues with points not updating? I'm getting bad gateway errors when accessing the statistics site and I can no longer see my points. Just says loading.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 08:38 PM   #163
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Anyone else having issues with points not updating? I'm getting bad gateway errors when accessing the statistics site and I can no longer see my points. Just says loading.
I get a popup that says "too many connections"

But I would say that you are not alone in not getting points.

Old Jan 21, 2022, 08:44 PM   #164
Jimby
Captain Manches

Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:30 AM   #165
jima13
Retired

jima13 is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
They lost a drive on the database server, probably won't be fixed till tomorrow or Tuesday....I'm pretty sure we'll see a big points dump when it's fixed.

jima13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:20 PM   #166
Jimby
Captain Manches

Good to know, thank Jima.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 08:46 AM   #167
luxor
Mendoza

Stats are working again!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 08:22 AM   #168
luxor
Mendoza

Quote:
Stats are working again!
Well that didn't last long, looks like the stats are down again.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:11 PM   #169
jima13
Retired

Folding@home

Quote:
Well that didn't last long, looks like the stats are down again.
Yep, up and down...looks like a dump every 12 hrs or so now.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 07:54 AM   #170
Jimby
Captain Manches

Looks like a few of us managed to hit the 300 Mil milestone this past week. Nice.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:40 AM   #171
luxor
Mendoza

Quote:
Looks like a few of us managed to hit the 300 Mil milestone this past week. Nice.
Yes, congrats to you, Iron321 and punkthinker for reaching 300 million points!

Also Ragin just reached 100 million points and BigJimJack 50 million!

Finally Jima13 just crossed 9 billion points!

Congrats to all!
Old Feb 9, 2022, 09:46 PM   #172
jima13
Retired

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes, congrats to you, Iron321 and punkthinker for reaching 300 million points!

Also Ragin just reached 100 million points and BigJimJack 50 million!

Finally Jima13 just crossed 9 billion points!

Congrats to all!
Kudos to everyone, good work!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 07:26 AM   #173
luxor
Mendoza

I submitted my 10,000th work unit a few hours ago!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:52 AM   #174
jima13
Retired

Thumbs up

Quote:
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:18 AM   #175
Jimby
Captain Manches

Quote:
Nice.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 08:42 AM   #176
Maliki2
Radeon R520

Maliki2 is still being judged by the masses

Default Back to folding a after years off...

Hey everyone,

It's been many many years since I started folding. But I'm back here and there to help the team out!!
Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2022, 08:58 AM   #177
Maliki2
Radeon R520

Default Team tracker?

If I remember correctly there was a way to track where we were in our team, but arrows up or down? Does that still exist??
Old Feb 12, 2022, 09:15 AM   #178
Maliki2
Radeon R520

Default Multi GPU recognized but no progress

Ok one last question for now. I have a multi GPU rig running. The GPUs are green and showing spinning but no progress..just sitting at zero. The CPU is showing progress...any ideas?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 01:42 PM   #179
Jimby
Captain Manches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Ok one last question for now. I have a multi GPU rig running. The GPUs are green and showing spinning but no progress..just sitting at zero. The CPU is showing progress...any ideas?
Hi Maliki2, welcome back. Not sure why your GPUs are just sitting at Zero. Perhaps look at the logs in the advanced control panel.
This is the site where you can track progress.
https://folding.extremeoverclocking....st.php?s=&t=64
Old Feb 12, 2022, 04:48 PM   #180
Maliki2
Radeon R520

Thanks! Not sure about the GPUs either. I have a few laptops and computers folding right now, but my beast just won't roll with 4 GPUs so not sure what is going on at the moment