Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jun 16, 2020, 05:01 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
If big Navi turns out to be faster than the 2080TI then AMD could use an aggresive pricing strategy to gain market share and at the same time throw Nvidia's pricing strategy into chaos. Even if Big Navi is only 10% faster than the 2800TI but priced at say $£800 it would deal a serious blow to the top end Turing cards which would become virtually redundant over night.

NVidia would then have to respond by pricing their 3080 cards in the same ball park as Big Navi or risk losing market share. Win win situation for us guys with a return to a pricing war. Unfortunately AMD could also decide to price Big Navi close to 2080TI and keep the profit margin high on what will be small production cards because of their price.

AMD has said that it wants to disrupt the 4K graphics market just like it did with Ryzen in the CPU market. The big caveat, of course, is Big Navi needs to deliver on performance and doesn't end up like Fury and Vega. If it can deliver the performance and AMD price it right we could all benefit. Time will tell.
AMD's top card will most likely be 899 to 999

NVidia always prices their cards higher .
i expect the 3080 to be a good bit slower than the top Big Navi and same price or up to 100 bucks more
the 3090 will be a little faster and a lot more

of course AMD can push the 6950 XT all the way to 350 watts now to match the 3090 and maybe be closer
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2020, 09:00 AM   #92
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Who do you guys think is going to go first, Nvidia or AMD?

I have a gut feeling Nvidia is going to go first, followed by AMD. Which could be a baller move by Lisa.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2020, 09:10 AM   #93
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post

I have a gut feeling Nvidia is going to go first, followed by AMD. Which could be a baller move by Lisa.
Personally I was thinking the other way around. Who knows, lots of FUD out there right now.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 17, 2020, 09:19 AM   #94
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I’m hoping for a surprise release to get the early sales.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:07 AM   #95
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

Probably. I'm kinda more worried about AMD's next GPU more than Zen 3. Because I know Zen 3 is already looking too good after looked what they had done to Zen 2.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2020, 03:11 PM   #96
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Probably. I'm kinda more worried about AMD's next GPU more than Zen 3. Because I know Zen 3 is already looking too good after looked what they had done to Zen 2.
TBH they need to get the drivers right and out day one otherwise they should wait until they are in a decent state. Look at the last three releases the drivers have been sh*t on release and took some time to get right and this hurt them badly.

If they try ro release a new high end card costing north of $£800 and the drivers are rubbish just don't bother. The brand damage will be massive and Nvidia will pi*s themselves laughing at another own goal from AMD. Price can be nice but if the card doesn't work as it should due to poor drivers wait until it does or just don't bother releasing it at all.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2020, 03:18 PM   #97
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

I've had the 5700XT since day 1 release and I haven't had any issues, with the exception of the Chrome bug which was fixed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jun 17, 2020, 04:04 PM   #98
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
TBH they need to get the drivers right and out day one otherwise they should wait until they are in a decent state. Look at the last three releases the drivers have been sh*t on release and took some time to get right and this hurt them badly.

If they try ro release a new high end card costing north of $£800 and the drivers are rubbish just don't bother. The brand damage will be massive and Nvidia will pi*s themselves laughing at another own goal from AMD. Price can be nice but if the card doesn't work as it should due to poor drivers wait until it does or just don't bother releasing it at all.

yea sure
Nvidia never has driver problems with new cards

i had no real problems with Fury X CFX day 1 or month 1 and 2

now i had lots the whole first 6 months with my GTX 680 SLI

and the 1200 buck RTX 2080 Ti had tons of bugs both hardware and driver the first few months
where is the " brand damage "

go ahead and buy Nvidia and pay out the ass
but you will still see driver problems .

or maybe a new game console

must have Intel inside

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 17, 2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 04:58 PM   #99
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
and the 1200 buck RTX 2080 Ti had tons of bugs both hardware and driver the first few months
where is the " brand damage "
I've had the 2080Ti since Oct 2018 and I haven't had any issues.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Clearly user error on Bill's part.

yoz
Old Jun 17, 2020, 05:52 PM   #100
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you don't remember the hardware bug of of tons of RTX cards playing space invaders

and there were a few driver bugs or what are they fixing all the time

Quote:
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 446.14
The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this
version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The
NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.
Fixed Issues in this Release
 [Notebook]: Notebooks with Maxwell generation GPUs may experience higher GPU utilization
during game play leading to reduced battery life and higher temperatures. [2929921/
200608270]
 [SLI]: Major frame time spikes occur in multiple games.[2903264]
 [HDR]: Some games may appear very bright when HDR is enabled. [2909218]
 [Overwatch]: Improved game stability. [2938981]
 [Monster Hunter World Iceborne]: Artifacts appear in the game. [2903858]
 [Resident Evil 3 Remake][DirectX 12]: Some objects in the game may flicker. [2938095]
 [F1 2019]: The game may randomly crash to the desktop. [200608572]
 Fixed an issue where the shader cache was sometimes incorrectly purged upon launching an
application. [2937218]
 Fixed driver installation issue on Colorful GeForce GTX 1650. [2919568]
 Corsair iCUE program triggers Geforce Overlay. [200614189]
it's the same crap as AMD it hits some but not all

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 17, 2020 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 06:24 PM   #101
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

lol, I never had any issue with AMD driver beside I don't use tuning from Radeon Settings. I just used overdriveNTool for undervolt/OC. My friend who has a 5700XT and he doesn't have any issue with it either.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2020, 07:43 PM   #102
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
you don't remember the hardware bug of of tons of RTX cards playing space invaders

and there were a few driver bugs or what are they fixing all the time

it's the same crap as AMD it hits some but not all
What can I say bud, I had none of those issues.

yoz
Old Jun 17, 2020, 08:39 PM   #103
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
What can I say bud, I had none of those issues.
most don't on both AMD and NV but you never hear from the 95% that it works fine for
Old Jun 17, 2020, 08:43 PM   #104
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

I had very many issues with my laptop 1060 GTX. Mostly with lesser-known bundle games and especially older ones, but sometimes newer ones as well. For instance, Doom 2016 would often get stuck at the loading screen and I'd have to Alt-Tab out and back in to wake it up... I didn't play it until 2018 but I'd bet if I played it in 2016/7 it would have run flawlessly.

Anyone who says nVidia's drivers are far and away better than AMD's are clearly seeing things from a different perspective. Then there's the whole "game ready" BS - does that mean that if I don't update my drivers, I will not be able to play these new games? That doesn't sound stable at all. I get the strong impression that there's boatloads of optimizations that occur for newer games (which is good) but the less popular ones get sort of "forgotten" and if it breaks in sacrifice to support an extra 10% FPS in the new game that uses the same engine, so be it. I think most nVidia customers prefer this.

The last issue I had with AMD's drivers was with their overlay... I was playing Wolfenstein II New Colossus (in 2019) and it would start stuttering hard after about 20 minutes of play. I enabled the overlay to see my FPS and it smoothed out instantly. Disabled the overlay and it went back to stuttering. It was 100% replicatable but I didn't report it.

So my prediction on the 5900XT is that it will disappoint in 75% of what we all want it to do. 25% of what it will do better will be important and that's why we will buy it. Remember when nVidia bought Physix and AMD's GPUs were better at processing it than nVidia? It is my hope that this will be the case with RTX and Big Navi. I don't care if they hack it like they did Anisotropic Filtering on the Radeon 8500 where 85% of the time fidelity was equivalent but the ATi card had near lossless performance.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 01:23 PM   #105
EYE4LYFE
Radeon R600

EYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 Series Ampere Allegedly Hits 3DMark, Smokes RTX 2080 Ti By Over 30 Percent

If judging by the rumors of Big Navi being up to 50% faster than the 2080Ti in some instances, this report could be great news for AMD, especially if the mystery card is the 3080Ti or 3090.

Either way, competition is going to be fierce! I'm truly pulling for AMD, and hoping Big Navi costs right around $699. Price to performance ratio will be insane, and that would definitely start the pricing war we're all hoping for.

All speculation, of course, but I haven't been this excited for a GPU face-off in a very long time.
EYE4LYFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 05:08 PM   #106
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE4LYFE View Post
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3000 Series Ampere Allegedly Hits 3DMark, Smokes RTX 2080 Ti By Over 30 Percent

If judging by the rumors of Big Navi being up to 50% faster than the 2080Ti in some instances, this report could be great news for AMD, especially if the mystery card is the 3080Ti or 3090.

Either way, competition is going to be fierce! I'm truly pulling for AMD, and hoping Big Navi costs right around $699. Price to performance ratio will be insane, and that would definitely start the pricing war we're all hoping for.

All speculation, of course, but I haven't been this excited for a GPU face-off in a very long time.
$699 try 1k to 1.2k, and this is going to be the 3080, top card is suppose to be 60 percent or more faster then 2080Ti
Old Jun 21, 2020, 05:45 PM   #107
EYE4LYFE
Radeon R600

EYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
$699 try 1k to 1.2k, and this is going to be the 3080, top card is suppose to be 60 percent or more faster then 2080Ti
As aggressively as AMD priced Ryzen, in addition to going on record stating that they'll be disrupting the 4K segment in a similar fashion, I'm thinking $799 tops. Otherwise, there's no true, jaw-dropping shakeup.

I mean, something jarring has to happen in order to leave us all in disbelief. Right? I don't believe simply competing on an elite level is enough.

Wishful thinking? Man, I hope not.
EYE4LYFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 05:50 PM   #108
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE4LYFE View Post
As aggressively as AMD priced Ryzen, in addition to going on record stating that they'll be disrupting the 4K segment in a similar fashion, I'm thinking $799 tops. Otherwise, there's no true, jaw-dropping shakeup.

I mean, something jarring has to happen in order to leave us all in disbelief. Right? I don't believe simply competing on an elite level is enough.

Wishful thinking? Man, I hope not.
I’m hoping as well as I would go AMD if they priced aggressively like I believe they should, but I’m thinking their top card is going to be no less then 1k.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 06:25 PM   #109
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never had any issues either. Bill just likes to over dramatize and still ends up buying Nvidia anyway.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2020, 06:34 PM   #110
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Never had any issues either. Bill just likes to over dramatize and still ends up buying Nvidia anyway.
so NV just makes up about the same number of fixed issues as AMD does in their release notes on every driver to look cool

and didn't you RMA a 2080 ti doing space invaders Artifacting ?

someone here did

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 21, 2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 08:29 PM   #111
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
so NV just makes up about the same number of fixed issues as AMD does in their release notes on every driver to look cool

someone here did
Are we talking driver issues or bad hardware?

nV had VRAM issues with some FE units at launch or thereabouts.

yoz
Old Jun 21, 2020, 09:21 PM   #112
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Are we talking driver issues or bad hardware?

nV had VRAM issues with some FE units at launch or thereabouts.
hardware on that one yes and it was more than just FE

but NV has release notes fixes with every driver so that must just be make work

NV is flawless

Old Jun 21, 2020, 09:27 PM   #113
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

someone here did
No, you must have me confused with someone else. No RMA here. Still the original Asus Dual 2080Ti from day one. No driver/game issues either, only updated drivers when I began a new game. Looks like all you did was copy some standard bug fixes from a driver release. That is the point of driver releases, to fix bugs? Especially day one of a game release?
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:32 AM   #114
AllexxisF1
Owie.

After the Rogames 3080 leak this weekend, it got me thinking about Big Navi.

I think my rough math is right here and wouldn't mind a sanity check from you awesome blokes. **UPDATE** correction, the 1080Ti to 2080 was only like 4% increase, if that.

If Big Navi is a decent percentage improvement over the 2080Ti, it's got some serious ground to cover. It has to have an improvement of 60% from the 5700XT. That's a big ask from a second try at 7 nanometers. Especially if what were possibly seeing from the leaked Nvidia benchmarks, that 7na doesn't necessarily mean drastic improvements in clock speed.

Great if true, but seems pie-in-the-sky to me.

What is interesting is Nvidia's roadmap here. I think Rogames ben

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : Jun 22, 2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 12:30 PM   #115
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
After the Rogames 3080 leak this weekend, it got me thinking about Big Navi.

I think my rough math is right here and wouldn't mind a sanity check from you awesome blokes. **UPDATE** correction, the 1080Ti to 2080 was only like 4% increase, if that.

If Big Navi is a decent percentage improvement over the 2080Ti, it's got some serious ground to cover. It has to have an improvement of 60% from the 5700XT. That's a big ask from a second try at 7 nanometers. Especially if what were possibly seeing from the leaked Nvidia benchmarks, that 7na doesn't necessarily mean drastic improvements in clock speed.

Great if true, but seems pie-in-the-sky to me.

What is interesting is Nvidia's roadmap here. I think Rogames ben
well it has almost 2x the specs and i think why they call it Navi 2x it has 80 CUs and 5120 GPU cores to the 5700 xt's 40 CUs and 2560 GPU cores
and the 5700 xt is about half it die size and always a mid range card

Navi 2x is on a improved 7nm and and rdna 2 over rdna 1

it should be close to 100% faster than 5700XT

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 22, 2020 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 12:32 PM   #116
AllexxisF1
Owie.

Quote:
well it has almost 2x the specs and i think why they call it Navi 2x

80 CUs and 5120 GPU cores to the 5700 xt's 40 CUs and 2560 GPU cores
A lot of speculation seems to be centered around those CU's. Does AMD go balls out with 80 or 65?

I'm loving this battle coming up between both camps.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 12:48 PM   #117
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
A lot of speculation seems to be centered around those CU's. Does AMD go balls out with 80 or 65?

I'm loving this battle coming up between both camps.
i think the big clue is AMD calling it Navi 2x
so 80 CU's

die size from 251 square millimeters to 505
mid range card to high end 4k card
Old Jun 22, 2020, 02:12 PM   #118
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

We all know scaling never works 1:1. I'd be surprised if it was more than 70% faster. I still think the card will be impressive, but much like first gen Ryzen (1000 series), will be a showcase of potential and what's to come.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 02:26 PM   #119
AllexxisF1
Owie.

Quote:
i think the big clue is AMD calling it Navi 2x
so 80 CU's

die size from 251 square millimeters to 505
mid range card to high end 4k card
The die size checks out, the clock speed is going to be higher than the consoles, the last question is all about those compute units.

If it's 80, then I think the 3080 will have a real competitor. I'm definitely picking up Big Navi, unless Nvidia really pull something amaziballs out of their arse.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 04:06 PM   #120
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
The die size checks out, the clock speed is going to be higher than the consoles, the last question is all about those compute units.

If it's 80, then I think the 3080 will have a real competitor. I'm definitely picking up Big Navi, unless Nvidia really pull something amaziballs out of their arse.
if it 80 the ( 3090 if they don't have a Ti this time ) will have a real competitor the 3080 non ti is only a little faster than the 2080 ti like normal

Navi 2x maybe slow than the 3090 but close

as at 350 watts i don't think NV is leaving any overclocking room on the table at all with the 3090

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 22, 2020 at 04:12 PM.