Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Sep 3, 2001, 12:01 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Coyote
Radeon R520

Coyote is still being judged by the masses

Question AIW Radeon won't be supported in Windows XP?

Okay, I just went to ATI's site, and saw the FAQ for the new AIW Radeon 8500DV. It has a comparison of it, and the older AIW Radeon. According to it, it lists the 8500DV as being supported in WinXP, but not the AIW Radeon. Surely, they are just saying this to make the new 8500DV look more attractive to people. I don't see how ATI could drop support for their older cards in WinXP.

btw...I just bought a Radeon VIVO, and if they are not going to be supported in WinXP, I'll go take it back and get a different card.
Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2001, 12:35 AM   #2
Humus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Humus is still being judged by the masses

Probably only means that there are no drivers for it included on the WinXP CD.
Humus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2001, 12:54 AM   #3
Coyote
Radeon R520

Coyote is still being judged by the masses

okay, thanks. I'm new here and to ATI cards, so thanks to all for answers.
Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 3, 2001, 01:08 AM   #4
Truform

What cards were you hooked up with before?
Old Sep 3, 2001, 01:14 AM   #5
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Question

I am currently running Windows XP Pro (yes it is the final version build 2600) with a Radeon AIW and it works fine. I am using driver 3226 and MMC7.1 with DVD 4.1. When I installed the MMC I got a warning message stating that there is a known conflic with XP and the AIW Radeon and installation is not recommended. So far I have not seen any problems. I can capture, TV viewer and DVD player work normally. What conflict are they talking about? Works perfectly for me.

Is there some sort of bug or issues that I am not getting?
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2001, 03:10 AM   #6
Superpeelo

Superpeelo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Skynet
I am currently running Windows XP Pro (yes it is the final version build 2600) with a Radeon AIW and it works fine.
Could You tell what motherboard and processor You are using? On my system (Radeon AIW, Asus A7V133+1GHz TB) WinXP (2600 RTM) won't even install correctly.

-SP-
Superpeelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2001, 06:01 PM   #7
Scorcher
Radeon R200

Scorcher is still being judged by the masses

i says that for any XP drivers that have not been digitally signed by Microsoft. They claim no driver problems if you use all drivers that are digitally signed. SO you can use any drivers, it will just alert you
AMD Duron 1.1Ghz @ 1.245GHz 7.5x166| Thermalright AX-7 | ASUS A7V333R | 512MB Crucial DDR CAS 2.5 | ATI RADEON 64MB VIVO 4X AGP @ 191/191 | 2 Quantum 30GB Fireball Plus LM 7200RPM ATA66 RAID0 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | WinXP Professional
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2001, 07:25 PM   #8
Steppy
Smart and Sexy

Steppy is still being judged by the masses

I have XP pro, and Radeon installs fine with the drivers on the cd...Works fine with 3226 drivers, but my frame rate is below what it is in 9x.
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote