Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:10 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Little J
Radeon R200

Little J is still being judged by the masses

Default Death Becomes me

ARHhhhh I am going to go nuts.

In the last few days I have been involved with my little new job at the wonderful Vector Marketing, for selling cutco knives. It has been ultimate hell for me.

Three days of 9am-4pm, 10am-7pm 9 am - 3 pm training. No pay. There we do our vigorous studying memorizing the presentation etc, etc, etc. To make things worse, each day we have "homework" which takes like 5 hours to finish. Day one homework, write down a thousand names of people you know and could possibliy watch you present. ;/. Second day, make 10 appointments for the weekend (yesterday and today). Third day: Make your first sale.

Basically I have been focused on the stupid job from 6 am-1 am EVERYDAY since thursday. And My BOSS keeps asking me to call him like every two hours!! ARhhhh *tears out own hair*

*rants*

*rants*
And today I still have yet to watch the stupid training DVD for my job.
Day 2 of selling: sold 2 trimmers, and my soul
Little J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:11 PM   #2
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

Weren't you supposed to call me at like 7 AM on Saturday because of this? To confirm or something?
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:12 PM   #3
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Dude, that is so not worth it. I always tell people to get a trade job, so much better. So much less BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:14 PM   #4
PiIsExactly3
Aurabolt!

PiIsExactly3 is still being judged by the masses

Yikes, screw that.

Although, thanks for making my job better by comparison.

"For my money, there is nothing funnier than provoking idiots." -Tucker Max
PiIsExactly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:20 PM   #5
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i heard vector marketing is a total joke. if you want to work so hard without getting paid, go ahead. imo it's not worth it.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:22 PM   #6
Potato Masher!
Comfortably Numb

Potato Masher! is still being judged by the masses

My friend works at Vector. This POS company is well.... a POS. Not even close to worth it. Why do you even contemplate going door to door when companies like Wonderland will readily take new people. Or try the hordes of Walmarts.

Potato Masher! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:23 PM   #7
magicknight0233
Radeon Arctic Islands

magicknight0233 is still being judged by the masses

I think you're missing the point of all that training: to learn how to not do what you're assigned, avoid having to see your boss at the office so you don't have to explain why (i.e. entering the side door, etc.), and make up excuses for why you haven't done what you've been told (or to blame someone else for it).
magicknight0233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:29 PM   #8
Blackadder
Banned

Blackadder is still being judged by the masses

Vector is nothing but a scam company. They hire you so they can get you to pay for the knives which you're supposed to sell to your own friends/family.
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:49 PM   #9
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little J
ARHhhhh I am going to go nuts.

In the last few days I have been involved with my little new job at the wonderful Vector Marketing, for selling cutco knives. It has been ultimate hell for me.

Three days of 9am-4pm, 10am-7pm 9 am - 3 pm training. No pay. There we do our vigorous studying memorizing the presentation etc, etc, etc. To make things worse, each day we have "homework" which takes like 5 hours to finish. Day one homework, write down a thousand names of people you know and could possibliy watch you present. ;/. Second day, make 10 appointments for the weekend (yesterday and today). Third day: Make your first sale.

Basically I have been focused on the stupid job from 6 am-1 am EVERYDAY since thursday. And My BOSS keeps asking me to call him like every two hours!! ARhhhh *tears out own hair*

*rants*

*rants*
And today I still have yet to watch the stupid training DVD for my job.
Day 2 of selling: sold 2 trimmers, and my soul

Um...you should have just searched for "Cutco" here on Rage3d.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:17 PM   #10
Oscar1613
My spoon is too big!

Oscar1613 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandelay
Vector is nothing but a scam company. They hire you so they can get you to pay for the knives which you're supposed to sell to your own friends/family.
not true... i'm not a fan of vector, but if you are any good, you can and do succeed.

my good friend started working there in high school and he quickly started raking in the dough. now 2-3 years later, he's a regional supervisor or something like that, and they fly and pay him to go to conferences and such on top of what he makes from sales

#15360:
<FunG> i dunno how anyone thats smart could put up with your opinionated and pretentious ass. if i were locked in a room with you for 10 minutes id stab myself in the face. id have to before your personality oozed all over me and make me second in command of the idiot ship.

[19:39] <Robotzombie> logen you psychopath
[19:40] <Robotzombie> I was joking you asscramp
Oscar1613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:23 PM   #11
Blackadder
Banned

Blackadder is still being judged by the masses

Alright, you've got a set of knives to sell. Who are you going to sell it to? How many people will open the door to a stranger with knives?
The reason Vector hires everyone who applies is they want those people to buy then sell those things, and most likely you'd be selling your first few to people that you know, like family or friends.
Some people who manage to sell that stuff to strangers, stay.
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:25 PM   #12
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

my cousin sold cutco knifes, and it worked out quite well if I recall.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:47 AM   #13
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

I sell hamburgers
rayzian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:49 AM   #14
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank
Dude, that is so not worth it. I always tell people to get a trade job, so much better. So much less BS.
I agree

my friend is also selling cutco knives but she isn't really stressing as much as you are. Is it that vigorus

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:51 AM   #15
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

A little asian girl came over to sharpen our cutco knives. She was shy.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 01:46 AM   #16
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

LOL, i got mail from Vector Marketing in early april. I think it was something like $15/hr. I tried calling the number but, they sent a dead number If that # would have worked I would have been your fellow Vector employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:24 AM   #17
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

my wife sold cutco for a couple of summers during highschool. She hated it, and I don't think its worth it. It's better to get a job at the taco bell.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:26 AM   #18
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

sounds like a pyramid scheme to me...
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:40 AM   #19
j0j081
Banned

j0j081 is still being judged by the masses

Ha ha. Speaking of pyramid schemes my friend joined up with World Financial Group and thinks after he gets his licenses he'll make $50,000 in 3 months. He's already been trying to get started for half a year and so far has made no money. He swears he'll make it big though. I tried warning him but it was of no use.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 02:43 AM   #20
BigPapa
Radeon Evergreen

BigPapa is still being judged by the masses

Mate, screw this job.

Leave. Find something else.
BigPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:29 AM   #21
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian
I sell hamburgers
Door to door hamburger sells? Wait, I think I just had a brilliant idea!

Old Jun 27, 2005, 06:40 AM   #22
PiIsExactly3
Aurabolt!

PiIsExactly3 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j081
Ha ha. Speaking of pyramid schemes my friend joined up with World Financial Group and thinks after he gets his licenses he'll make $50,000 in 3 months. He's already been trying to get started for half a year and so far has made no money. He swears he'll make it big though. I tried warning him but it was of no use.
Sometimes people won't listen to reason and you've just got to let them crash and burn...

"For my money, there is nothing funnier than provoking idiots." -Tucker Max
PiIsExactly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 06:48 AM   #23
1m4gn3
[ ATi ]

1m4gn3 is still being judged by the masses

I got telemarketing training by some 'Home Equity Investment Rewards' company that promised to reduce interest rates, etc... it was obviously a scam, so now I am doing Market Research for Decima Research Group and i'm very satisfied with it. I had contemplated vector marketing, but there are so many better options out there. Have you looked at Securitas? They are one of those security companies who hire students and adults, have very flexible hours, and do not require much effort at all.

[w w w . o p e r a . c o m] - Speed, Security, Simplicity.
1m4gn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 06:23 PM   #24
j0j081
Banned

j0j081 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1m4gn3
I got telemarketing training by some 'Home Equity Investment Rewards' company that promised to reduce interest rates, etc... it was obviously a scam, so now I am doing Market Research for Decima Research Group and i'm very satisfied with it. I had contemplated vector marketing, but there are so many better options out there. Have you looked at Securitas? They are one of those security companies who hire students and adults, have very flexible hours, and do not require much effort at all.
and you will actually make money with these?
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 09:56 PM   #25
Little J
Radeon R200

Little J is still being judged by the masses

Yea it is about 15 bucks a presentation and my current CPO sucks. Its about 138 or something. I know that this is technically just my 3rd day on the job (not including those hateful training days), but I really think it sucks, and I feel bad for trying to push sales to people who are my friends and everything (except for dreamwalker...YOU STILL GOTTA BUY MY PEELER!) LOL.

I am planning to try to hang on to the job few a few weeks to a month, to see if the stress level cools down a bit. If it stays this persistent...then it will be time to call quits.
Little J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:31 PM   #26
Sir Duke
Radeon R700

Sir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Find a real job, you are being used as a pawn.
Sir Duke is offline   Reply With Quote