Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:26 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
if you think about it. this thing has the best hardware found on any mobile device.

might even better than the ipad 3.

but the cost of this system is not that bad to be honest
the only problem for me is I don't see myself gaming on a mobile device much.
if I was using the public transportation or if I was flying out a lot then I would probably get a Vita.

but my lifestyle is not like that, and I doubt I can play games at work on the Vita.

and when I am at home, I just want to be in front my computer and my PS3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:30 PM   #122
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
So after an entire day of Vita reviews, here are IGN's scores:

Super Stardust Delta - 9.5
I am not surprised Stardust got the highest score... I love Stardust on the PS3 as well and I still play it from time to time.
Quote:
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:36 PM   #123
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So how's the VITA's screen? Is it mate or reflective, is it scratch resistant?

I hope it's not like the PSP's screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:36 PM   #124
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
the only problem for me is I don't see myself gaming on a mobile device much.
if I was using the public transportation or if I was flying out a lot then I would probably get a Vita.

but my lifestyle is not like that, and I doubt I can play games at work on the Vita.

and when I am at home, I just want to be in front my computer and my PS3.
Im the type that would like to put on a tv show while Im in bed and listen to it while I play, occasionally glancing up at the tv. Thats why Im excited for the vita. I hardly play my ps3 because most of the time Id rather be watching tv.
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:37 PM   #125
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
So how's the VITA's screen? Is it mate or reflective, is it scratch resistant?

I hope it's not like the PSP's screen.
The say its like looking in a mirror The editors at IGN said that they have had their Japanese version for over a month and its still in excellent condition.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:48 PM   #126
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
The say its like looking in a mirror The editors at IGN said that they have had their Japanese version for over a month and its still in excellent condition.
Yeah, after playing it in Best Buy and Gamestop I can confirm that it's super reflective and attracts fingerprints like a magnet.

Those are the downsides, but thankfully the relatively high resolution and gorgeous colors make up for it.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:37 PM   #127
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

By wc326 at 2012-02-14
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:40 PM   #128
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It's decided! I'll trade-in my xbox with its games for a VITA, "Escape Plan" tided me over.
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:41 PM   #129
Omega53
Rage veteran

[sarcasm]Those graphics suck![/sarcasm]
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:41 PM   #130
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
It's decided! I'll trade-in my xbox with its games for a VITA, "Escape Plan" tided me over.
I already did that
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:46 PM   #131
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I already did that
i did that too, but i trade my ps3 for a 3ds + vita

this next generation handheld, is good enough for home console replacement

Last edited by wc326 : Feb 14, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:50 PM   #132
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
[sarcasm]Those graphics suck![/sarcasm]
graphic arnt the best, but the gameplay is

this really feel like playing some thing from the xbox or ps3.

this make my ipad 2 fifa game looks like child play

Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:54 PM   #133
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Can you go into Instant Replay mode and get some nice close-up shots of the players, especially as they're performing actions like passing the ball, etc.? I don't expect them to look great up close since there are so many of them being rendered at once, but I'd still really like to see it! The more I see of FIFA, the more I really want it on the Vita. I'm not even a fan of soccer and it intrigues me because it looks like it's so easy to pick up and play!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:02 PM   #134
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sorry for the bombardment of questions. I still haven't found out if PSOne Classics will be available on U.S launch or not. Will they be available?
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:02 PM   #135
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Im wondering what they can do with Madden and the Vita... seems like they an really do some innovative stuff with the game if they try hard enough. Especially with the power of the Vita, we can have console graphics in a handheld with all the cool things that can be done with a touch screen(back and front)

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:04 PM   #136
Omega53
Rage veteran

Touch passing with the back panel In madden
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:04 PM   #137
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Can you go into Instant Replay mode and get some nice close-up shots of the players, especially as they're performing actions like passing the ball, etc.? I don't expect them to look great up close since there are so many of them being rendered at once, but I'd still really like to see it! The more I see of FIFA, the more I really want it on the Vita. I'm not even a fan of soccer and it intrigues me because it looks like it's so easy to pick up and play!
i think we are getting the same result on the vita, where you get better graphic on replay mode than the actual gameplay etc. just like the home console version. FPS issues are present on replay mode as well, so hoping for a patch to sort out this fps issues.

FIFA is probably the game you likely to get at 39.99 price point. this one is really worth it to be honest. i am not a soccer fan as well, but you are truly paying 39.99 for home console quality.

Note: the crowd in fifa is static piece of board crap, so they dont' have any movement.

At this point, the only game that doesn't live up to the standard is f1 2011.

4/5 games i have on the vita are great, you probably won't feel a rip off launch titles from sony. But just dont' get f1 2011, the ai in f1 2011 are weak. and i have yet to be able to play online, since noone else play that game.

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

Last edited by wc326 : Feb 14, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:05 PM   #138
Omega53
Rage veteran

Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:13 PM   #139
Chubz
Doomer

Thanks! That does look pretty good, but I'd say you're right about it having improved graphics in Instant Replay mode as opposed to in-game stuff.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:36 PM   #140
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

a few more. THis time i change the camera to MAX ZOOM IN setting.

you can use custom camera setting as well as default one.

note: graphic looks better on the vita, than on those screen shot.

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

By wc326 at 2012-02-14

Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:36 PM   #141
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Im the type that would like to put on a tv show while Im in bed and listen to it while I play, occasionally glancing up at the tv. Thats why Im excited for the vita. I hardly play my ps3 because most of the time Id rather be watching tv.
I wish I can do that...I think I would fall asleep the moment I get into the bed.
Quote:
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:18 PM   #142
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

I think one of the reasons I am so excited about the VITA is we haven't seen an interesting piece of video game technology released in such a long time.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:38 AM   #143
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Anyone know if Skype will be there at launch?
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:55 AM   #144
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweet, Skype and Facebook confirmed Day1.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20431450
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:29 AM   #145
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
i did that too, but i trade my ps3 for a 3ds + vita

this next generation handheld, is good enough for home console replacement
Hey wc326, how much do you think I can get for my 250GB Xbox 360 and Skyrim? Planning to sell it cause it gets no playtime.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:53 AM   #146
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Hey wc326, how much do you think I can get for my 250GB Xbox 360 and Skyrim? Planning to sell it cause it gets no playtime.

my guess you should start a thread from 1200- 1600 dollars at first, and see how it goes. i have no ideas, of the price tho maybe you can try a higher asking price first. like "1750$ 95% new 360 slim 250gb + skyrim"

i usualy able to sold my 2nd hand item within a day or 2 on uwants.

Last edited by wc326 : Feb 15, 2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:00 AM   #147
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

i am amazed, played my first online match on psn.

no lags at all.

Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:55 PM   #148
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
my guess you should start a thread from 1200- 1600 dollars at first, and see how it goes. i have no ideas, of the price tho maybe you can try a higher asking price first. like "1750$ 95% new 360 slim 250gb + skyrim"

i usualy able to sold my 2nd hand item within a day or 2 on uwants.
1200-1600, I think you just had a brain fart.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:21 PM   #149
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

When is this thing supposed to release? I went to best buy because I put a deposit down on it last May. All I wanted to know is if they had my reservation and how much I owed. Next thing you know the customer service person sets one out in front of me and asked if I wanted any games or accessories.

Needless to say, It's pretty darn cool
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:23 PM   #150
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick View Post
When is this thing supposed to release? I went to best buy because I put a deposit down on it last May. All I wanted to know is if they had my reservation and how much I owed. Next thing you know the customer service person sets one out in front of me and asked if I wanted any games or accessories.

Needless to say, It's pretty darn cool
Today is you pre ordered on time you get it a week early. Everyone else the 22nd.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote