Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:50 PM   #811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Even I don't pay that much attention.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:48 AM   #812
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Here's a non-spoiler gameplay teaser to keep you going KAC. This is about 12 hours into the game:

SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:21 AM   #813
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes I will most likely continue boning this. I hope it doesn’t become repetitive like Phantom Pain which I gave up on completely.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 24, 2021, 09:31 AM   #814
KAC

So I built a bridge, got my bike charged up, got my jizz and poop grenades also ready. I think I will continue playing this crap.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 02:53 PM   #815
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So I built a bridge, got my bike charged up, got my jizz and poop grenades also ready. I think I will continue playing this crap.
The HE grenades are the best IMO for BTs. Just be sure you carry a few blood bags as they use your blood. Blood bags are used and filled automatically so you don’t need to do anything but carry them with you. You may not have access to them yet. But will soon. Definitely carry them with you for BT encounters.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 07:26 PM   #816
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

i thought you werent supposed to kill bts?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 08:58 PM   #817
KAC

I took down like 8 MULEs in a row lol. Was running scared earlier and then was reminded that there is a V button so went all in. With a k+m, was simple to dodge back and slap them lol.

I am sure with explosive jizz those BTs don’t got no chance.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:17 PM   #818
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I took down like 8 MULEs in a row lol. Was running scared earlier and then was reminded that there is a V button so went all in. With a k+m, was simple to dodge back and slap them lol.

I am sure with explosive jizz those BTs don’t got no chance.
Start smacking them with the packages they drop too. You can even throw one at them if you like. Just pick it up in on hand and then use your attack button and let go of it when you want to throw it. Later when you get a Bola gun you won't have to deal with the hand to hand as much. Hopefully after you knocked them all out you emptied their camp of goodies too.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:20 PM   #819
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
i thought you werent supposed to kill bts?
You can't kill mules or terrorists because they could necro and become BTs. BTs are already dead so send them back to the beach whenever you can.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:40 PM   #820
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
You can't kill mules or terrorists because they could necro and become BTs. BTs are already dead so send them back to the beach whenever you can.
oh, yeah ok, it was mules i was thinking of
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:10 AM   #821
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Well you could kill MULES, but you'll have to take care of their bodies really quick. The second region has a really convenient location for this, but it's a trip. It's a pain in the ass to transport everyone you kill, it's far more easier to just slap them unconscious and leave them be.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:16 AM   #822
KAC

So got to some other city called port knot city or something and met a BT during the ride in one of the worst places ever. On top of a fricking Rocky Mountain. Opened my menu and had no nades because they were on the bike. Then my bike got stuck in black jizz river. Then I got carried down the mountain on a black jizz and that stupid BT octopus thing was like come to papa.

Long story short. The BT was getting more stuck than I was on rocks and I kept running up the mountain using the climb button. Until BT couldn’t follow and black jizz puddle ram out. BB was happy. I was happy. We repaired the cargo. Said **** you to the mountain and rode happily with a new song playing. Why do all songs feel like someone died?

Was a hilariously frustrating encounter. I was more angry than worried because I didn’t have a save prior. Also had a zoom meeting starting in 8 mins and had to make the delivery.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:24 AM   #823
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

BT boss encounters can be fun action and a great source of Chiralium crystals, especially when you are stocked up with hematic grenades and blood bags. But you also have the option of running away from them if you don't want to fight.

As for normal BT ghosts, its advisable to just sneak past them at this point of the game. Its fairly easy and straight forward, just need to go slow and use your scanner often to see where they are, then hold your breath when you are closely passing them. You'll get better tools later on to deal with them.

Also, do not try to ride your bike through BT invested areas. Its a futile act.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:31 AM   #824
KAC

But I had a question. If I don’t ride my bike then how to I get it back? Problem is this is now twice that I ran from BT territory since I was on a bike and I just sped through. It is also why I got stuck and BT got me off the bike. It was a lucky encounter.

Are you saying BT octopus was a boss! Damn I should have naded him. I will focus a bit on my load outs because I couldn’t find the grenade on my person when the encounter started.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:40 AM   #825
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
But I had a question. If I don’t ride my bike then how to I get it back? Problem is this is now twice that I ran from BT territory since I was on a bike and I just sped through. It is also why I got stuck and BT got me off the bike. It was a lucky encounter.

Are you saying BT octopus was a boss! Damn I should have naded him. I will focus a bit on my load outs because I couldn’t find the grenade on my person when the encounter started.
Yeah but its not a required boss fight. Its just a BT boss that you encounter if you get dragged away. They can happen wherever BTs are if you get caught.

If you fight a BT boss and defeat it, it will clear the area of BTs for a while and you can ride your trike through. Until then you really can't ride your trike past that area with BTs. Honestly don't worry too much about abandoning your vehicle. You will be able to get plenty of them later - either by crafting more of your own with the tons of resources you will have, or using someone else's that they stored in a garage.

I know the exact area you're talking about. It is towards the end of the first area, going up a mountain on the way to Port Knot City. That path to Port Knot is the first tough area you face in the game, to prepare and teach you the remainder of the basic traversal skills you'll need to progress on to the next area.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:45 AM   #826
KAC

Got it. Still learning. Was just happy that I didn’t cause a blow up of the location and lost the effort I had put to get there because riding the bike on rocks is a bitch. Heck I even jumped the bike off a cliff multiple times as well running away from stuff. I am playing the game as if I am in GTA where I usually end up bouncing off of stuff and jumping hills to escape the police. Haha. Seriously game breaks too often in hilarious ways when you do that rather than holding breath bullshit. .
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:52 AM   #827
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I honestly don't know how effective it is to try to get through BT areas with vehicles. I think I tried it once in the beginning and realized its not what you are supposed to do.

As for blow outs, I don't believe you can cause a crater if you die from blood loss during a BT boss fight - but only if they actually eat/swallow you, but its never happened to me in my playthrough. If you simply die the normal way you just respawn. Its a story element that explains this, because Sam is a "repatriate" and cannot die.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:05 AM   #828
KAC

Met BTs twice on bike. Escaped twice. Seems plenty effective.
Once also instead of holding breath I just ran ahead and escaped BT (was near wind farm or something) as I could see it.

If someone watches me play stealth games they will probably have a heart ache given how I ruin the devs intention to play the game. I was going Rambo on splinter cell before splinter cell went Rambo lol.

Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:15 AM   #829
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Well if it works it works. In single player games you can play it however you like.

Personally I find that games get janky when you try to force them to do what they are not designed to do which rips me out of the immersion. I play games for the immersion and to experience what the designers intended. Sneaking through BT areas gives a great sense of tension and excitement which I enjoy.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 01:48 PM   #830
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Yeah, you're not going to be able to do that in the second region, using bikes or vehicles to get past BT's on regular terrain.

Remember the first area is just a training area. Thus, encounters won't be that hard. BT's are actually "stupid" in this area, they tend to be stationary, far apart of each other, and not really move around that much. But the more you play the more cheesy/rubber bandy and aggressive they become, and cover alot of space. But, you'll get tools along the way to compensate.

You'll learn soon enough though.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 04:23 PM   #831
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

LOL, BTs are going to own you. You can go Rambo on them later in the game when you get more tools. But, it's best to avoid them. Even if you get stuck in the black ooze, the quickest way to escape is to shake off the bastards trying to pull you down. The initial black ooze pool isn't that large. Shaking them off you twice is usually enough to get out of the pool and stop the attack. Once they pull you down, you have to kill the boss or escape the much larger area of black ooze. If you do kill the boss, the entire area is cleared of BTs for a while. If you want to get a vehicle through the area you can go in Rambo and take down the boss first. I did cause a voidout on my first playthrough. BT boss got close and did a one shot kill on me. The penalty isn't that painful if you lose. It's not end game or anything. Most of your cargo get's lost or damaged after you respawn. It's basically the same as in the beginning of the game when the first voidout occurred when trying to dispose of the body (swim down back into your body where the baby gives you the thumbs up). If you never experienced a voidout you should just try it some time for fun. The environmental damage done is pretty impressive. The crater is not as large as in the intro at the beginning of the game. But it does destroy whatever was there before the voidout.

Here's a video of one:

PS. Be absolutely sure you have HE Grenades before exiting Port Knot. You gonna need them.

Last edited by SD-[Inc] : Jan 25, 2021 at 04:29 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 08:29 PM   #832
KAC

Sure. I did cause a void out once and got out and caused a crater. I think it was right after the disposal facility. However, I reloaded the game and sneaked past on next try.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:51 PM   #833
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Sure. I did cause a void out once and got out and caused a crater. I think it was right after the disposal facility. However, I reloaded the game and sneaked past on next try.
Isn't that the first BT encounter you have in the game? I guess you don't listen much to the advice the game is trying to give you, eh? Since you seem to enjoy making BTs angry you should really work on that shaking them off trick. It'll save you a lot of running away from bosses and keep you laundry bills down. Also, if you get crazy, try pissing on the bastards that come up out of the ooze to get you. I am not kidding!! Sam can pee and his piss is pretty toxic to those greasy bastards!! Kojima's sense of humor is always on the sick side...
Old Jan 26, 2021, 12:06 AM   #834
KAC

Yes I do forward all the chit chat unless it is a story cutscene.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 03:03 PM   #835
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Most everything is also available in the game Tips section. You can access it from your console in your private room. I'd suggest browsing what you missed as there are a lot of tips in there that make the game more enjoyable.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 04:09 PM   #836
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Cool screen shot of Sam using one of my favorite forms of transportation in the game. The game is fun and a lot easier second time through. I added spoiler tags around the image. So, don't open it if you want to wait until the game provides these cool tools to discover them:

Old Jan 31, 2021, 09:46 PM   #837
KAC

I forgot I was playing this game
Old Jan 31, 2021, 11:41 PM   #838
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:04 AM   #839
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Don’t forget that $100 your owe me too!
Old Feb 1, 2021, 09:51 PM   #840
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
so THAT'S why my amazon package from last May just turned up.