Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 11, 2021, 08:41 PM   #38311
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I've seen those before.... it's sort of a robotic router. You load in the CAD drawing of the thing you want to rout (or design it on the device), then it uses cameras to determine where on the piece it is and how it is moving. You move it manually like a router, but it positions the head independently of your movement within an area in the center, so you sort of follow the rough shape and it handles all the detail/accuracy.

How do you like it? I certainly don't have the use case for it, but it's really a fascinating tool.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 02:35 AM   #38312
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
I've seen those before.... it's sort of a robotic router. You load in the CAD drawing of the thing you want to rout (or design it on the device), then it uses cameras to determine where on the piece it is and how it is moving. You move it manually like a router, but it positions the head independently of your movement within an area in the center, so you sort of follow the rough shape and it handles all the detail/accuracy.

How do you like it? I certainly don't have the use case for it, but it's really a fascinating tool.
Yup that describes exactly what it does. You load vector files you create or download and it maps that to the surface you are working on. It also has a lot of "on tool" programing so you can make simple shapes.

It's like a portable CNC machine. I don't have room for even a small CNC so I needed something I could put away. So far it's pretty nice. Im actually just building shop jigs at the moment trying to figure out all the different things you can do.

Just learned it's can also do some light metal milling as well with aluminum and such.
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 06:26 AM   #38313
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Crucial P5 2TB NVME @ Microcenter for $220. Great deal.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 13, 2021, 01:06 PM   #38314
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

LG CX 55
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 01:39 PM   #38315
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
LG CX 55
My man

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 02:02 PM   #38316
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
My man
I'm sitting here on a conference call, and I just want to go play with the TV.

/difficult
Old Jan 13, 2021, 02:06 PM   #38317
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
LG CX 55
i love mine

have fun with it

the only problem i have had is with NVidia and the windows screen saver locking up and crashing some times
so i had stop using the screen saver and remember to turn the TV off when i leave the computer every time

but it doesn't do it with AMD drivers
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 02:10 PM   #38318
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
i love mine

have fun with it

the only problem i have had is with NVidia and the windows screen saver locking up and crashing some times
so i had stop using the screen saver and remember to turn the TV off when i leave the computer every time

but it doesn't do it with AMD drivers
My PC is 8 years old All console gaming and TV on this one lol.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 02:26 PM   #38319
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
My PC is 8 years old All console gaming and TV on this one lol.
just watch burn in on the console then it will dim down to about 60% brightness on it's own after a bit
and i had to turn the brightness down a bit for PC it 3 foot away from it it was frying my eyeballs

and i got the 5 year best buy warranty that covers burn in
but i still don't want to push it and just let it do it
Old Jan 13, 2021, 02:27 PM   #38320
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
just watch burn in on the console then it will dim down to about 60% brightness on it's own after a bit

and i got the 5 year best buy warranty that covers burn in
but i still don't want to push it and just let it do it
Yep, got the burn in protection
Old Jan 13, 2021, 07:28 PM   #38321
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

A set of Monoprice HR-5C headphones to replace my Sony headphones I use for my phone. The old ones literally fell apart, so I needed something to replace them...right after Christmas and getting some work done on the car.

I have to say, they are the best headphones at that price point I've owned.

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:39 PM   #38322
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Picked this up to replace my 1080p monitor. I didn't want UHD, so I went with QHD instead.

Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor with HDR

Wasn't too sure about getting curved, as that seemed more like a gimmick than anything useful, but after using it for a few days I love it.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 08:07 PM   #38323
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:41 PM   #38324
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Picked up a new couch for the home theater. Replacing a 10 year old Ikea loveseat couch that was incredibly uncomfortable to sit on, especially when you're 6'4".

Found this for $200 on Facebook Marketplace - Looks brand new...

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:54 PM   #38325
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The centre toilet seat with the ball holder is a deal seal.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:56 PM   #38326
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That doesn't look brand new.
Also buying someone else's leather couch.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:40 PM   #38327
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That looks exactly like the couch we left in California!

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:44 PM   #38328
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That doesn't look brand new.
Also buying someone else's leather couch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQvOT1Sxkg

Old Jan 24, 2021, 02:54 PM   #38329
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I hate center consoles.. you can't just lay down on it.. I'm 6'6'' 230 mind you.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 07:54 PM   #38330
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

i didn't need another guitar... i was trying to not buy another guitar... i just wanted to look at the used amps and pedals, maybe some drum gear...

Old Jan 28, 2021, 06:13 PM   #38331
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

You done effed up on that shopping trip man lmmmfao
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:54 PM   #38332
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

i know... i'm weak... i also went back to the same place and got this

you may notice i have a mild weakness for older peavey gear

Old Jan 29, 2021, 04:39 AM   #38333
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

i can only imagine your home looks like a second hand dollar store by now

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 03:36 PM   #38334
necropimp
WRAAAA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i can only imagine your home looks like a second hand dollar store by now
guitars and amps aren't too hard to store in a somewhat space saving manner.... my drumkit on the other hand... even broken down and stacked it takes up a lot of space
Old Jan 29, 2021, 03:51 PM   #38335
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
i didn't need another guitar... i was trying to not buy another guitar... i just wanted to look at the used amps and pedals, maybe some drum gear...
Are you pro? Either way that's a heck of collection you must have by now.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 09:04 PM   #38336
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Caved and got a Disney+ subscription.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 08:52 AM   #38337
Higgy10

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

https://www.graco.com/us/en/contract...10-390-pc.html
grabbed a second one of those and a 50" extension and gonna try out the power roller attachment

https://www.festoolcanada.com/produc...us-us#Overview

second orbital as well, might get another vacuum system as well
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:44 AM   #38338
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

LG 55” OLED C9 open box, turned out to be brand new, $420 from Microcenter
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2021, 01:17 AM   #38339
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
nice
Old Feb 3, 2021, 03:34 AM   #38340
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Jesus christ
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "