Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:20 AM   #1321
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well stocked bar you got there.
kytprice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:13 PM   #1322
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Buying bourbon has become my latest hobby.

Tonight's end of the week drink, a repeat of last time:

I really like this stuff.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:23 PM   #1323
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I love your new hobby ice -- I am going to find a bottle of Bourbon today. I have been enjoying Old Fashioned's in China for the last couple weeks, want to make some at home.

Last night was single malt city.

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 1, 2018, 05:14 PM   #1324
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Ok ice, I bought my first bottle of proper Bourbon. Going to be a night of Old Fashioneds'.

Old Dec 1, 2018, 05:49 PM   #1325
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Buying bourbon has become my latest hobby.

Tonight's end of the week drink, a repeat of last time:

I really like this stuff.
Is that Angels Envy on the right there? That's some seriously good stuff right there!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2018, 09:48 PM   #1326
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Ok ice, I bought my first bottle of proper Bourbon. Going to be a night of Old Fashioneds'.

Let me know how you like it

Never had an Old Fashioned or really any other drinks involving whiskey. I tried sctotch awhile ago and thought it was terrible, then picked bourbon up a couple months ago and decided to actually read up on it and got hooked with the nerdy side of things. I started trying to pick out the different smells and flavors and just went crazy buying a bunch. Initially I could barely drink it, then I started drinking it with ice, then just cut the ice out and now generally just enjoy sitting back with a nice pour most nights. Going to the store and just looking at all the types of bourbon makes me happy, it's hard to explain.

Saw this little guy at the liquor store tonight.

Added it to my ever growing wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Is that Angels Envy on the right there? That's some seriously good stuff right there!
Sure is. When my dad finishes me bourbon rack I'll have to get a pictures of my collection so far. I'm up to 9 bottles.

EDIT: Eh, here it is. Made me realize I have damn near $400 in bourbon already.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Dec 1, 2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 06:13 PM   #1327
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Christ. I do look like an alcoholic. I swear I'm not though.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:01 PM   #1328
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I was wondering if we were headed to intervention territory.
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:50 PM   #1329
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Don't worry about it ice, if I posted a picture of my bar you would think I was sponsored by alcoholism.

Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:53 PM   #1330
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Never had an Old Fashioned or really any other drinks involving whiskey. I tried sctotch awhile ago and thought it was terrible, then picked bourbon up a couple months ago and decided to actually read up on it and got hooked with the nerdy side of things. ]
Once you get through all the Bourbon's you should really give scotch a chance again -- there isn't another spirit that is as complex as a proper single malt. Get something non-peaty like a Balvenie to start with.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:55 PM   #1331
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Also, happy holidays from me and the doggo.

Old Dec 3, 2018, 02:01 PM   #1332
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Once you get through all the Bourbon's you should really give scotch a chance again -- there isn't another spirit that is as complex as a proper single malt. Get something non-peaty like a Balvenie to start with.
The bottle I have is Chivas Regal 12, might try it again and see.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 02:05 PM   #1333
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
The bottle I have is Chivas Regal 12, might try it again and see.
Pour that down the sink. If you have $50-75 to spend on a bottle let me know and I will make you a list.

My first suggestion getting into the world of scotch:

The Balvenie - Caribbean Cask. Rum cask, not peaty/smokey. Delicious dram.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:40 PM   #1334
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Eh.

Golden Monkey is a lot better than I remember, I hated it last time I drank it. 9.5% abv, woooo.
Quote:
Eh, I'm still going for a bit. It's only 2am, no use stopping now. I'm only drinking Golden Monkey for the rest of the night though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
ice: regarldess
ice: regarldess
ice: oh **** it
SirRoxen: ****IT
Quote:
Is Golden Monkey beer still one of the better beers you've tasted?

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.

Last edited by Quickstrike : Dec 3, 2018 at 10:46 PM.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:50 AM   #1335
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Don't worry about it ice, if I posted a picture of my bar you would think I was sponsored by alcoholism.
Lime is good, too.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 01:13 PM   #1336
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Picked this up this morning, will report back out of business hours.

Old Dec 5, 2018, 07:37 PM   #1337
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Is Golden Monkey beer still one of the better beers you've tasted?
Oh the good old days. No, Golden Monkey isn't one of my favorites. The last beer I had that I liked a lot was a local place's called Merry Monks. Think it's around 10% alcohol but very good. I haven't had beer in awhile.

Happy End of Prohibition Day! Picked up the Woodford Reserve and another from my local place tonight since it was on sale.

I'll be tapping into the WR tonight for sure. Smells wonderful.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 07:06 AM   #1338
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I love your new hobby ice -- I am going to find a bottle of Bourbon today. I have been enjoying Old Fashioned's in China for the last couple weeks, want to make some at home.

Last night was single malt city.

Scotch.... cocktail... penicillin

https://www.saveur.com/article/recip...cotch-cocktail
Quote:
Like a deliciously smoky, chilled version of a toddy,
Any sufficiently peaty scotch for the floater works.... We generally use Ardbeg for the float and some cheaped blended scotch for the bulk. Sooo good, and if you keep a the ginger syrup on hand in the fridge doesn't take long to make. Garnish isn't necessary.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:18 AM   #1339
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I've realized how bad my state sucks ass for buying anything nice. You guys who don't live in control states have it made.

**** PA. I'll never get to try Blanton's, Elmer T Lee, Weller 12, or any of the rarer bourbons.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 04:38 PM   #1340
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I've realized how bad my state sucks ass for buying anything nice. You guys who don't live in control states have it made.

**** PA. I'll never get to try Blanton's, Elmer T Lee, Weller 12, or any of the rarer bourbons.
Can you have it shipped to your house from another state, aka cyko buys & ships that sh*t & ice Venmo's cyko the $$$?

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2018, 08:22 PM   #1341
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Can you have it shipped to your house from another state, aka cyko buys & ships that sh*t & ice Venmo's cyko the $$$?
I'm not sure what the laws are for that, haven't really looked into it honestly. I'd be down for that though if it's possible, I'll have to check it out. I'd be interested if you can even find these wherever you are as well.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Dec 11, 2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:07 AM   #1342
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I'm not sure what the laws are for that, haven't really looked into it honestly. I'd be down for that though if it's possible, I'll have to check it out. I'd be interested if you can even find these wherever you are as well.
Check it out, and if you're down send me a list and I'll see what I can get.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:24 AM   #1343
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Check it out, and if you're down send me a list and I'll see what I can get.
Everything I'm reading says to just tell the shipping company that you have cookie supplies in the box. I found one piece here that talks about PA:

Quote:
Out of the 54 states, territories and commonwealths, three states—Alabama, Oklahoma and Utah—specifically prohibit the direct shipment of alcoholic beverages to consumers. Mississippi, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands do not have statutes that specify that direct shipments are allowed. Massachusetts and Pennsylvania have had statutes ruled unconstitutional by state courts in those states.
It doesn't say what the hell the final status is though. At any rate, may not matter anyway if you don't have access to them yourself but here's my list:

Blanton's Single Barrel:

Elmer T Lee Single Barrel

W.L. Weller 12 Year

George T. Stagg

I'd put Pappy Van Winkle on here but there's no chance of finding that. It think that's about it right now.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:16 PM   #1344
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Last day of work until the 28th. Cheers.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 06:46 PM   #1345
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

I just picked up a bottle of Canadian Club 12 Year Old for something different but inexpensive. It's not bad, but not great - a bit bolder than some other Canadian rye (especially other CC), sweet, pleasantly smooth with a little spiciness, fairly oaky and has a hint of char. Like other Canadian Club whisky, I find it's OK but it doesn't really have a well defined character that stands out. It seems to be fairly well rounded, 'tho, so to me it should be good as either a sipper or a mixer.

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2018, 09:11 AM   #1346
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Thumbs up because...meds..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2018, 03:39 PM   #1347
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Good weekend

Old Dec 17, 2018, 04:31 PM   #1348
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Quote:
I like that you have your own tray for rolling. So fancy

I only do the oils/vape pen these days. I've gotten lazy in my old age (aka as soon as I hit 36). Picked up a PAX ERA over the weekend and the phone controlled session is pretty nifty Still have ye-old 510 threaded battery but it was on sale so I said what the hell. zkittlez was the name of the game on Saturday night.

Alpha

Omega

Old Dec 17, 2018, 04:54 PM   #1349
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
I like that you have your own tray for rolling. So fancy

I only do the oils/vape pen these days. I've gotten lazy in my old age (aka as soon as I hit 36). Picked up a PAX ERA over the weekend and the phone controlled session is pretty nifty Still have ye-old 510 threaded battery but it was on sale so I said what the hell. zkittlez was the name of the game on Saturday night.

Once extracts are legal here I will make the switch again -- legality actually set me back. I have a PAX 3 but I just don't like it for herbs, buddy has a Boundless Tera I really like though. But yea, I am an old guy that still rolls doobs. And the wife bought the tray, she hates me getting weed everywhere.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 07:50 PM   #1350
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Guy had to go in the back room to get this and make sure it wasn't reserved.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.