Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 27, 2020, 03:05 AM   #3331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am thinking about also ordering the AMD 6800/6900 cards as well if they are within 5-10% of Nvidia. Problem is selling an AMD card here is a bitch.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:09 AM   #3332
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX3090 cannot run Watch Dogs Legion with constant 60fps in 4K/Ultra
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perform...s-in-4k-ultra/

...and are you gents using a bot to acquire them cards? I was seriously thinking of trying to obtain a 3080. Definitely decided against the 3090 purchase.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:12 AM   #3333
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Not happening unless some dude asks me to check the card before sale. That dude is for now MNB unless he sees some AMD results and jumps ship or finds a cheaper 3080 in between the time between I receive the card and now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
My cards are all exposed!
So cool to see Ragers looking out for one another.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:15 AM   #3334
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post

...and are you gents using a bot to acquire them cards? I was seriously thinking of trying to obtain a 3080. Definitely decided against the 3090 purchase.
A lot could be happening with this title, Could be poorly optimized which would be the best guess, It could be Nvidia trying to push DLSS and its need at 4K to sell cards over AMD's latest offering.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:17 AM   #3335
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

That's without DLSS enabled. With DLSS 2.0 enabled it certainly can, but I think the game itself is also not optimized as well as it should on launch. They don't even have multiplayer ready on launch day, that's a month away. I think future patches will bring much needed optimizations and faster framerates just like with Watch Dogs 2.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:19 AM   #3336
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Tried a bot. Didn't work. I used a twitch stream and a combo with some discord channels. It was tough landing a card and I ended up with a 3090 instead of the 3080 that I wanted.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:22 AM   #3337
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
That's without DLSS enabled. With DLSS 2.0 enabled it certainly can, but I think the game itself is also not optimized as well as it should on launch. They don't even have multiplayer ready on launch day, that's a month away. I think future patches will bring much needed optimizations and faster framerates just like with Watch Dogs 2.
No bots here, but definitely far from easy when you figure it took me a month. You have to know where to be before it even happens if your buying online.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:49 AM   #3338
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I've been looking regularly but no luck so far. My go-to places are bestbuy, newegg, and evga. Microcenter does not allow online purchasing of these cards, likewise I've been told there are people camping out almost every night trying to secure one the next day .
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:02 AM   #3339
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
You have to know where to be before it even happens if your buying online.
Yeah, you have to know who's got a drop and when and be ready for it.

yoz
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:06 AM   #3340
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I've been looking regularly but no luck so far. My go-to places are bestbuy, newegg, and evga. Microcenter does not allow online purchasing of these cards, likewise I've been told there are people camping out almost every night trying to secure one the next day .
I gave up playing the page refresh game about a week after launch day because i could see it was futile. I just don't have the time to sit around all day everyday trying. Also didn't want to resort to using a bot. Personally i just don't believe it's a fair way to go about it. Standing in line early in the morning at a Microcenter has a good chance, but again i have work and family so its not practical for me to do.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 01:29 PM   #3341
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Hate to gloat, but I just got my tracking number.

I was still feeling a bit doubtful while status was in process but the tracking number is reassuring. Hopefully will have it by early next week.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 01:31 PM   #3342
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post

I was still feeling a bit doubtful while status was in process but the tracking number is reassuring. Hopefully will have it by early next week.
Noice!

yoz
Old Oct 27, 2020, 01:35 PM   #3343
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Have to say, I have never found it this difficult to buy something before (of course not counting rare and out of print items).

I'm not a big consumer of things, but I imagine this must be like what tickle me Elmo's and other such kids Christmas toys must have been like to get in the old days.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 01:51 PM   #3344
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Have to say, I have never found it this difficult to buy something before (of course not counting rare and out of print items).

I'm not a big consumer of things, but I imagine this must be like what tickle me Elmo's and other such kids Christmas toys must have been like to get in the old days.
Ditto.

yoz
Old Oct 27, 2020, 02:38 PM   #3345
KAC
That postcount though...

FTW3 landed in Dubai. May get it tomorrow even.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 02:47 PM   #3346
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Old Oct 27, 2020, 02:48 PM   #3347
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
FTW3 landed in Dubai. May get it tomorrow even.
Mine is making its way, Thursday is my scheduled delivery.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 02:54 PM   #3348
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
https://images.app.goo.gl/JSKpwFLmxofiK83V6

yoz
Old Oct 27, 2020, 02:58 PM   #3349
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Old Oct 27, 2020, 03:28 PM   #3350
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

yoz
Old Oct 27, 2020, 04:12 PM   #3351
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Things are looking dire here in the UK for 3080's. Gibbo from overclockers UK..

"Asus none OC cards. I finally got an official answer from Asus, none OC cards are not discontinued and still very much part of the range, however as cards are hitting OC levels they are prioritising their manufacturing on OC parts at the moment and as they get more GPUs from NVIDIA they will then also produce none OC cards, not the best news as it means their focus is OC models but the none OC models will come.

All partners saying same, nowhere near enough GPU's are coming from NVIDIA, however NVIDIA have informed me the numbers are ramping up so November should see things improve but this worldwide shortage will no doubt continue into early 2021."

Let's see what tomorrow brings
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 04:21 PM   #3352
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

More from Gibbo..

"Some numbers so far as are soon going into a new month: 219 units of 3090 shipped from OcUK - Still around 950 back orders outstanding. 3090 has less demand and as such we feel strong shipments will clear most of this backlog before Christmas. Also have received 200 plus units and shipped is a large amount of cards in UK/Europe.

559 units of 3080 shipped from OcUK - Still several thousand in back orders however, as such some customers I feel on certain brands will be waiting until 2021 unless the brands in question do a good job at sending the stock to resellers with back orders for those cards, which they promise to do so, but time will tell. Again though this number is small it is a large number and on par with other top UK/EU stores. Manufacturers know we have sold thousands and so does NVIDIA, we are just in their hands as are all the other resellers worldwide screaming out for stock.

3070 launch incoming, we have product in stock for launch, but nothing shall be displayed in stock as we feel it will sell out fast."

Nvidia clusterf**k doesn't come close. Hopefully AMD can compete and stock will be more available. Here's hoping.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 04:38 PM   #3353
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quite a few step-up notifications went out this week, so maybe stock is finally speeding up? If this keeps up I may receive mine by the end of December!

Anyway, it still kind of sucks, but with a 2080 Super in the meantime it's not that bad.

If the rumored 3080 Ti is coming, I hope it gets released within my 90 day window so I can switch my step-up over. Probably won't happen though, maybe depends on what AMD pulls tomorrow.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 07:37 PM   #3354
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I've been waiting on a 3080 for over a month now. If I can't buy one before I can buy a 6800XT. Welp, I'm going red. Try again when you go to 7nm TSMC, and can actually supply chips to consumers...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 09:06 PM   #3355
KAC
That postcount though...

. Zotac also arrived at NY.
I think I am set for now. Really hoping I get FTW3 today as tomorrow is a holiday (3 day weekend here) and it would be a waste to not spend it testing the 3080.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 09:28 PM   #3356
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Dang it man.

I still haven't found one to add to the cart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 09:30 PM   #3357
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Dang it man.

If you have a forwarding company, then zotac us is likely to drop in next 30 minutes.

This is the stream that helped me: https://www.twitch.tv/falcodrin
Old Oct 27, 2020, 09:33 PM   #3358
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
If you have a forwarding company, then zotac us is likely to drop in next 30 minutes.

This is the stream that helped me: https://www.twitch.tv/falcodrin
Sweet my dude. Thanks.

Site crashed as soon as they went live with new stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun

Last edited by VW_Factor : Oct 27, 2020 at 09:39 PM.
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 09:33 PM   #3359
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Dang it man.

I kind of cheated to get mine. Ordered through my work, direct from the distribution channel. Its basically where retailers buy their stock, so unavailable to the public.

I work for a system integrator company, that's basically like Maingear or Origin PC, but we deal more in data centers servers.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 09:43 PM   #3360
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Sweet my dude. Thanks.

Site crashed as soon as they went live with new stock.

Keep refreshing. I am trying to buy a 3080.
Gone now. Many got the cards. There is like a drop every night.

Last edited by KAC : Oct 27, 2020 at 09:49 PM.