Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Other Discussions » [GenHardware] Networking [Archived]
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

[GenHardware] Networking [Archived] NICs, routers, switches, hubs, software and hardware firewalls, servers, server Operating Systems, wired or wireless LANs WANs and WiFi. If it's used to communicate between multiple computers or devices, it goes in here.

Old Aug 15, 2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
efin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

efin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default "Connecting to..." takes forever

On my main PC (Vista), it suddenly started taking forever when connecting to web pages. Only the actual wait while connecting, not the bandwidth - once it's connected it loads up fine. It's really annoying, because even the ads make it pause while connecting. Then once the page is loaded it starts all over with every click, even if I'm already on the site.

My laptop and Wii load up the net nice 'n quick (so does my wife's iBook), but I power-cycled the modem and router just to be safe. Didn't help (didn't think it would). I've turned off my AV and ZoneAlarm firewall to see if those were the culprits, but that didn't help either. Also, I changed my DNS to OpenDNS to see if that helped. It makes "Looking for..." wicked fast, but doesn't help this problem.

This started happening about two weeks ago and I can't figure it out. Anybody have any ideas?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:48 AM   #2
efin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

efin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badgesefin doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It was my AV (Avast!). I went through the rounds again, and decided to not only turn them off, but uninstall the programs. Luckily Avast was the first one I chose.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 04:31 AM   #3
benjy355
Rawr

benjy355 is still being judged by the masses

Odd, Avast! has never lagged me out, although I haven't used it in quite a while.

ZoneAlarm + Avg free ftw.

Visit the Roflbox
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad