Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

View Poll Results: Predict how will the Switch do?
Massive Wii-like success. 75+ million consoles sold. 4 6.06%
Generally strong sales. 50-75 million consoles sold. 11 16.67%
Mild success. 25-50 million consoles sold. 20 30.30%
Borderline failure. 15-25 million consoles sold. 16 24.24%
Dreamcast-style failure. 5-15 million consoles sold. 6 9.09%
Virtual Boy-style absolute doom. <5 million consoles sold. 2 3.03%
Too hard to predict... my head esplode! 2 3.03%
Predictions are for weeners. 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2020, 09:14 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: United States NC
Posts: 14,631
Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

I almost bought one for the kids, but just like the wii U the only game support for it seems to be Nintendo games.

While I love Nintendo games, those alone aren't enough for me to drop 300 bucks on a console for the less than ten games I will probably ever get for it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2020, 11:29 PM   #242
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United States Caketown
Posts: 19,871
SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I almost bought one for the kids, but just like the wii U the only game support for it seems to be Nintendo games.

While I love Nintendo games, those alone aren't enough for me to drop 300 bucks on a console for the less than ten games I will probably ever get for it.
The switch is great, but honestly I think the WiiU had better exclusives. Most of 'em are available on Switch now, but if you already have BotW, Mario Kart, Mario Maker, Smash Bros, DKC, etc. on the WiiU, it might not worth boning up the extra cash for a Switch, if you don't plan to play much else on it.

btw, I love my Switch, and both my WiiUs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory


NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 08:54 AM   #243
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 25,060
Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

The game library for Switch is massive. There are a lot of games for every playstyle but you have to be willing to dive in and research. That system is going to have tons of hidden gems when it hits collector status.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 27, 2020, 09:29 AM   #244
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: United States Iowa
Posts: 24,546
OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards


Subscriber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
The game library for Switch is massive. There are a lot of games for every playstyle but you have to be willing to dive in and research. That system is going to have tons of hidden gems when it hits collector status.
I think when most people talk about exclusives (at least myself, anyway), they're referring to what I'd call "actual games". You know, like Mario Odyssey and Links Awakening. Not Nintendo specific, but at least full production games that are unique to the Switch.

You have to hunt and research for those? Everything else seems like it would be more like the Wii that was full of tons of mini games and Indy stuff.

I haven't bought a Switch, and have no intention of doing it for this exact reason. It has no games. Granted, I haven't looked in probably 3-5 months now.
__________________

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Last edited by OverclockN' : May 27, 2020 at 09:34 AM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 10:38 AM   #245
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 25,060
Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I think when most people talk about exclusives (at least myself, anyway), they're referring to what I'd call "actual games". You know, like Mario Odyssey and Links Awakening. Not Nintendo specific, but at least full production games that are unique to the Switch.

You have to hunt and research for those? Everything else seems like it would be more like the Wii that was full of tons of mini games and Indy stuff.

I haven't bought a Switch, and have no intention of doing it for this exact reason. It has no games. Granted, I haven't looked in probably 3-5 months now.
Hmm, I didn't realize we were just talking about Nintendo Switch exclusives. Right now there are only 61 exclusive games released for Switch. I was responding to this statement by Greasy:

Quote:
I almost bought one for the kids, but just like the wii U the only game support for it seems to be Nintendo games.
I guess maybe I didn't understand what he means exactly? Right now the Switch library has over 2400 games, with a small portion being Nintendo 1st party. The Wii-U has only 772. I think the issue lies more in adults having trouble finding more mature type games on the system, which is admittedly geared more towards kids.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 10:55 AM   #246
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: United States Iowa
Posts: 24,546
OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards


Subscriber
Default

Gotcha. Yeah, I thought you were responding to Subcog's comment about exclusives right above yours.

I do wish there were more exclusives. I'll probably hold out like I did for the Wii U and buy one used just for the games I want to play like Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Links Awakening, etc.
__________________

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 11:11 AM   #247
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 25,060
Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Gotcha. Yeah, I thought you were responding to Subcog's comment about exclusives right above yours.

I do wish there were more exclusives. I'll probably hold out like I did for the Wii U and buy one used just for the games I want to play like Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Links Awakening, etc.
Blah, I did not even read SubCog's post lol. Went right by it, so I was totally out of context. Sorry SubCog! I was posting from my phone and tend to miss things a lot when not browsing the forum from a PC.

With that said though, I do consider Indy games to be full games that can absolutely be worth my time. But that's personal preference.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 02:48 PM   #248
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany Niedersachsen
Posts: 25,550
SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel


Default

I always find the "aaa" game argument a bit of a crock of **** when it comes to gaming, because while there are good AAA games, I find Indie and AA games to generally be better.

Because they target the games that AAA developers can't be arsed making anymore due to lack of "market".

This goes for all machines not just switch.

I have like 100 games on Switch, so I'm not in short supply.
__________________
Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 03:35 PM   #249
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 25,060
Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I always find the "aaa" game argument a bit of a crock of **** when it comes to gaming, because while there are good AAA games, I find Indie and AA games to generally be better.

Because they target the games that AAA developers can't be arsed making anymore due to lack of "market".

This goes for all machines not just switch.

I have like 100 games on Switch, so I'm not in short supply.
I feel the exact same way. Thing is though we are niche and most people are casual and just for the latest, greatest big spectacle type games.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 03:58 PM   #250
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United States Caketown
Posts: 19,871
SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Blah, I did not even read SubCog's post lol. Went right by it, so I was totally out of context. Sorry SubCog!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory


NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2020, 05:23 PM   #251
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: United States Iowa
Posts: 24,546
OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards


Subscriber
Default

Seems a bit narrow minded as well to write off everyone who enjoys the AAA titles as casual. It's a bit silly. A lot of the AAA games have deep, involving stories, well-fleshed out characters, excellent gameplay, graphics, the works. A lot of them do well for a reason, not simply because marketing drove the masses to the product.

In fact, it's not even a crock, it's a legitimate reason. The vast majority of Indy games are neither complex, nor have a well thought out and deep story line. It's a chore just to sort through all of them. So to consider them "generally better", is a very odd statement. Hell, look at the Steam and Wii libraries. It's not very hard at all to see why people miss a lot of the good ones, or simply don't even bother looking. This is what I see when I look at the Switch library, to bring it full circle.
__________________

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Last edited by OverclockN' : May 27, 2020 at 05:34 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2020, 09:32 AM   #252
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 25,060
Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

I didn't say everyone who enjoys AAA titles are casual. I said most people are casual and are only interested in AAA. You took me way out of context.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2020, 10:59 AM   #253
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Canada South-Western rural Ontario
Posts: 10,449
MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Subscriber
Default

whatever floats people's goat I guess.

I rarely ever find Indie titles worth playing and a lot of AAA titles I'll put a TON of time into
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2020, 11:35 AM   #254
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Canada Cowtown
Posts: 26,534
Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
whatever floats people's goat I guess.

I rarely ever find Indie titles worth playing and a lot of AAA titles I'll put a TON of time into
Im not big on indies either but theres a few hidden gems, mainly i find out about them from reading about alternatives to better known games.

I much prefer my AAA titles on my PC (mainly cuz the AAA titles tend to be action/shooter heavy and graphics heavy), and my indies on my switch. and anything that works better on a gamepad vs keyboard/mouse i'd prefer on console.

Its why having a Switch and something else (be it PS4/Xbox/PC) is the ideal setup. Get the switch for first parties and any switch exclusives that are good (and RPGs, it seems to be a big draw for turn based RPGs) and the PC (or other console) for graphics heavy actiony games and shooters.

Wife is really into Octopath Traveller (its only on switch and steam), and its a type of game that is better suited for console play imo.
__________________
------Squachbox 2.0------
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Quad Blue 750watt PSU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2020, 12:30 PM   #255
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 25,060
Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
and anything that works better on a gamepad vs keyboard/mouse i'd prefer on console.
Curious as to what is the drawback for you with using gamepad on PC?

In my experience its exactly the same as using a gamepad on console.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2020, 01:16 PM   #256
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany Niedersachsen
Posts: 25,550
SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Seems a bit narrow minded as well to write off everyone who enjoys the AAA titles as casual. It's a bit silly. A lot of the AAA games have deep, involving stories, well-fleshed out characters, excellent gameplay, graphics, the works. A lot of them do well for a reason, not simply because marketing drove the masses to the product.

In fact, it's not even a crock, it's a legitimate reason. The vast majority of Indy games are neither complex, nor have a well thought out and deep story line. It's a chore just to sort through all of them. So to consider them "generally better", is a very odd statement. Hell, look at the Steam and Wii libraries. It's not very hard at all to see why people miss a lot of the good ones, or simply don't even bother looking. This is what I see when I look at the Switch library, to bring it full circle.
A lot of the AAA games have shallow gameplay with shiny visuals, or have so much ****ing padding to make a 20 hour game into 100 hours. (all Ubisoft games).

Now I'm not saying AAA games are bad, I play them, however indie/AA games are MORE complex than AAA games in general.

Cities skylines, Stelaris (or and Paradox game), Uboat, Warhammer games like Martyr, Anno 1800 etc are all games that are not classed as AAA but are more complex

Switch has a lot of junk on the store sure, but they have many great games too, plus indie games are a great combination with Switch in handheld mode.

However I don't class shovelware as indie games, that's like saying daytime TV is decent viewing.

I like Indie/AA/AAA games rather than just AAA games, some of the AA games I mentioned are litteraly the only reason I still play on PC instead of fully going console.
__________________
Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Last edited by SirBaron : May 28, 2020 at 01:22 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2020, 02:41 PM   #257
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Canada Cowtown
Posts: 26,534
Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Curious as to what is the drawback for you with using gamepad on PC?

In my experience its exactly the same as using a gamepad on console.
its mainly cuz my computer is not where my TV is.
And with a controller id like to relax on the couch while playing.

Most of my computer games arent gamepad friendly (majority of them are FPS shooters).
I do have a few that are though, its why i want to build a small pc to place in the living room. My laptop is doing that right now but its not anywhere powerful enough to run thse games adequately. plus it runs super slow for some oddball reason.
__________________
------Squachbox 2.0------
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Quad Blue 750watt PSU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2020, 03:07 PM   #258
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 25,060
Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
its mainly cuz my computer is not where my TV is.
And with a controller id like to relax on the couch while playing.

Most of my computer games arent gamepad friendly (majority of them are FPS shooters).
I do have a few that are though, its why i want to build a small pc to place in the living room. My laptop is doing that right now but its not anywhere powerful enough to run thse games adequately. plus it runs super slow for some oddball reason.
I hear that reason a lot, that people don't like sitting at their desk chair playing with a controller. Personally I don't feel the same way but I guess all you guys that feel that way must for a reason.

Maybe instead of building a new PC for your living room just buy a more comfortable desk chair?
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2020, 05:41 PM   #259
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: United States Caketown
Posts: 19,871
SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards


Default

FPS games are just better with m+k controls. I would never play quake, UT, or counter-strike with a controller, for example. Even games that run fine either way, such as Fortnight, I'd prefer to play with m+k. The only shooters that really work great on controllers are the ones that are designed exclusively for controllers, such as Halo.

For me the m+k controls are the defining feature of PC gaming that differentiates it from consoles... that and the smooth framerates that you need to support the m+k controls.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory


NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2020, 11:35 AM   #260
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Canada South-Western rural Ontario
Posts: 10,449
MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Subscriber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
FPS games are just better with m+k controls. I would never play quake, UT, or counter-strike with a controller, for example. Even games that run fine either way, such as Fortnight, I'd prefer to play with m+k. The only shooters that really work great on controllers are the ones that are designed exclusively for controllers, such as Halo.

For me the m+k controls are the defining feature of PC gaming that differentiates it from consoles... that and the smooth framerates that you need to support the m+k controls.
I liked having a good mouse for PC games but I could never for the life of me ever adjust to or like using a keyboard. Ideal for me would have been a good gaming mouse plus some sort of left hand controller with several buttons and an analog stick
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2020, 11:38 AM   #261
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Canada Cowtown
Posts: 26,534
Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I hear that reason a lot, that people don't like sitting at their desk chair playing with a controller. Personally I don't feel the same way but I guess all you guys that feel that way must for a reason.

Maybe instead of building a new PC for your living room just buy a more comfortable desk chair?
The chair doesnt really have anything to do with this (im using an ikea chair on my PC. I'd like a more comfortable chair...but thats a comfort thing and not a gamepad on PC or console thing)

When im on the couch lounging/slothing with a controller im just relaxing sitting several feet away from my big ol 65" TV.
On my computer im like 2 feet away from some 24" monitors and in a "desktop work" sitting position because of m+k. Theres nothing wrong with playing a gamepad here however.

THe other fact is my computer is in a completely separate room than my console. Console is in living room, PC is in a bedroom/office.

If my current PC is hooked up to the TV i'd have to have the k+m on my coffee table...and i'd be kneeling or sitting on the floor using it. I do have a wireless k+m for the purpose of having it in the living room so in theory that should solve it, but a mouse doesnt work very well without a flat surface, and a keyboard isnt exactly comfortable to hold in your lap.

I guess in the end, my console is made for couch coop type environments, while my PC is isolated in a separate computer/office room where i can play FPS alone. i have some couch coop type games on my PC (plus having a SNES emulator, or any other emulator on the PC helps too) that benefits from a gamepad. I suppose its just an open vs closed environment where i prefer playing with a gamepad or K+M
__________________
------Squachbox 2.0------
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Quad Blue 750watt PSU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2020, 01:02 PM   #262
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: United States Massachusetts
Posts: 25,060
Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
The chair doesnt really have anything to do with this (im using an ikea chair on my PC. I'd like a more comfortable chair...but thats a comfort thing and not a gamepad on PC or console thing)

When im on the couch lounging/slothing with a controller im just relaxing sitting several feet away from my big ol 65" TV.
On my computer im like 2 feet away from some 24" monitors and in a "desktop work" sitting position because of m+k. Theres nothing wrong with playing a gamepad here however.

THe other fact is my computer is in a completely separate room than my console. Console is in living room, PC is in a bedroom/office.

If my current PC is hooked up to the TV i'd have to have the k+m on my coffee table...and i'd be kneeling or sitting on the floor using it. I do have a wireless k+m for the purpose of having it in the living room so in theory that should solve it, but a mouse doesnt work very well without a flat surface, and a keyboard isnt exactly comfortable to hold in your lap.

I guess in the end, my console is made for couch coop type environments, while my PC is isolated in a separate computer/office room where i can play FPS alone. i have some couch coop type games on my PC (plus having a SNES emulator, or any other emulator on the PC helps too) that benefits from a gamepad. I suppose its just an open vs closed environment where i prefer playing with a gamepad or K+M
I appreciate you taking the time to explain. But I still don't really think I understand why you don't like using a gamepad at your computer desk. I guess from what you've said you just prefer lounging on the couch if you have a gamepad in hand? Or something? OK, if that's what works for you. I just don't get the difference. Playing with a gamepad is playing with a gamepad, no matter where you are.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Nintendo Switch Discussion Omega53 Console Gaming 1452 Sep 22, 2020 06:04 PM
Nintendo Sales Go Sky High With Wii Available in UK Pirate Neilsouth Console Gaming 7 Dec 8, 2006 06:44 PM
Wii sales predictions - double that of PS3 LimeyGeeza Console Gaming 7 Oct 12, 2006 02:10 PM
Yet more Nintendo sales figures _leech_ Console Gaming 12 Dec 16, 2001 09:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink