Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 10, 2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Your most annoying client or client type.

For me, I get one particular lady that comes into the business I work at and EVERY SINGLE TIME she asks one question about what she needs to see if we have, and then she starts talking about irrelevant garbage that has nothing to do with her inquiry. She comes in and DOES NOT STOP TALKING and ends up wasting my time, lots of it. She will peg you down for 20+ minutes if you don't make up some excuse to get away. She just drones on and on about her hip surgery or hand surgery or dead friends or friends still living, etc. Whenever I try to steer her back to her purpose of being here, she instantly diverts back to another story that I couldn't care less about. I always make an audible groan when I see her walking up the steps to come into the building. This is my least favorite type of client, the kind that just bull***** around and doesn't get to the point. 90% of the time she doesn't even buy anything and just visits, so now my time has been completely wasted when I have lots of work to do.

On the flip side, I have a couple of clients that come in and tell me exactly what they are looking for, I get it (or build it for them) and then they take it and go. Maybe at most 30 seconds of chit chat, then they are on their way. They are great to get in here because they are all business.

So what are you most annoying clients?

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 09:50 AM   #2
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
i have a couple

the ones that chisel you down on the price but still expect you to be michaelangelo and not cut any corners

customers that bug me with stupid questions when im 20+ft up a ladder
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:49 AM   #3
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post

the ones that chisel you down on the price but still expect you to be michaelangelo and not cut any corners
Ugh, how could I forget those. Yes, I get those types too and I hate it.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:09 PM   #4
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

1st type: The watcher
We have one client that lives nearby, so he personally brings in systems for me to diagnose and repair. Instead of just dropping it off, I have to stop my production line to work on it right then and there, while he watches. Not to mention these things are 20+ years old. Eventually he couldn't keep up with the latest tech so we no longer have to service his stuff.

2nd type: The impatient
Mostly end users, place an order near closing time, and expect it to be shipped to the other side of the country to arrive tomorrow morning... via UPS ground. Our turnaround times are 3-7 days, as these are custom configured, assembled, and programmed units by hand. They also like to try and schedule on-site installation or remote programming right away, not really concerned that there is a months worth of customers already scheduled ahead of them.

3rd type: The shipper
We have invested a lot of money and R&D to mitigate these guys. Our RMA and service order rate is incredibly low, since when we do have to service or replace a machine, what comes back is usually destroyed. We have explicit instructions on how to return systems, we even ship advanced replacements in hopes they re-use the packaging. Nope, they like to simply wrap the outside in craft paper and slap a label on it. We are lucky if they stick it in a box with some crumpled newspaper. These guys are usually type 2 as well, as they want their system repaired and shipped back the same day we receive it.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 02:35 PM   #5
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
1st type: The watcher
We have one client that lives nearby, so he personally brings in systems for me to diagnose and repair. Instead of just dropping it off, I have to stop my production line to work on it right then and there, while he watches. Not to mention these things are 20+ years old. Eventually he couldn't keep up with the latest tech so we no longer have to service his stuff.
It's funny you mentioned this type as I got one of them in just today. Guy brings his computer in and wants some work done, I tell him it will take a couple of hours and he should just leave it with me (so I can get back and finish what I was working on prior to him showing up). Instead, he says "oh I got time I'll wait!" then parks his happy ass in a chair and starts fiddling with his phone.

Me:...

Now I have to drop everything I'm doing and fix his problem or else they will create a scene. If it is a bigger job though, like something that will take most of the day to work on, then I explain that to them the best that I can and usually they will reluctantly leave it for a day or two.

Old Apr 10, 2018, 03:17 PM   #6
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

At the DataCenter we have clients that are moving in that have been demanding certain things to be done by a certain date, and the date is always too close that we can't hire the normal third party to do the work so that we don't have to take time away from the other things we do. So we do the work and get it done by the date they want it, only for the customer to do absolutely nothing with it for 4+ weeks and we could have hired the third party to do the work and get it done before they actually needed it done. /facepalm
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 03:24 PM   #7
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
For me, I get one particular lady that comes into the business I work at and EVERY SINGLE TIME she asks one question about what she needs to see if we have, and then she starts talking about irrelevant garbage that has nothing to do with her inquiry. She comes in and DOES NOT STOP TALKING and ends up wasting my time, lots of it. She will peg you down for 20+ minutes if you don't make up some excuse to get away. She just drones on and on about her hip surgery or hand surgery or dead friends or friends still living, etc. Whenever I try to steer her back to her purpose of being here, she instantly diverts back to another story that I couldn't care less about. I always make an audible groan when I see her walking up the steps to come into the building. This is my least favorite type of client, the kind that just bull***** around and doesn't get to the point. 90% of the time she doesn't even buy anything and just visits, so now my time has been completely wasted when I have lots of work to do.

On the flip side, I have a couple of clients that come in and tell me exactly what they are looking for, I get it (or build it for them) and then they take it and go. Maybe at most 30 seconds of chit chat, then they are on their way. They are great to get in here because they are all business.

Thats not nice, she is probably just lonely and wants to be your friend
Old Apr 10, 2018, 04:07 PM   #8
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
Old people are used to a different set of rules, a different pace of life.

Calm is the goal for the older generation.

Today's kids are used to always being stimulated and experiencing exciting new things, which leaves little room for conversations, especially banal conversations.

I'm one of the "extreme" kids. I got used to always needing to be in an excited state. I'm learning to slow down and be boring.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 04:23 PM   #9
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

I charge like a wounded bull so generally people are only in my office to talk about what they need since small talk will cost them.

The most annoying clients are;

Liars, I have no clue why they think this is a good idea, our conversations are privileged

The ones who call ALL THE TIME to ask are there any updates? NO because you would be the first person to hear about it if there were

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 05:48 PM   #10
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post

I don't get paid to listen to people prattle on. People like her put me in an awkward position because my boss will start patrolling past me over and over when a customer ties me down like that. Now I have pressure from the boss, because once she finally finishes the boss will get mad at me for allowing her to waste my time like that

People, even old people, need to have some understanding that when a person is working, 5 minutes of chit chat is ok...but not 20+ minutes. It's disrespectful and rude.

Old Apr 10, 2018, 06:17 PM   #11
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The talkers who NEVER STOP. They must have gills or something. There's one in particular . . .

In my younger days when I was dating around I stopped and showed my date our new office. This was 8:30 at night. The Talker comes out of nowhere into the lobby and gabs about BS for 20 minutes. He's the kind of guy you just couldn't get rid of. The date was back in the back and luckily she thought it was funny and when The Talker finally left she come up front and laughed her ass off (but unfortunately, not her panties)

About a year later a local lawyer told me that he had the same problem with The Talker. But one day The Talker asked to borrow $20. The lawyer pondered, figuring The Talker would never pay him back, but he loaned the $20 anyway.

From then on, whenever The Talker saw the lawyer, The Talker would turn around and walk off the other way.

The lawyer decided it was the best $20 he ever spent in his life!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 09:17 PM   #12
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I got this text message on Saturday and it just ****in annoyed the hell out of me.

Quote:
????? : He my neighbor changed her WIFI password and now I can't connect, how do I fix it?
Me : Who is this?
????? : If I go and push the WPS button can I connect?
Me : Who the **** is this?
????? : You think that she'd be pissed if I did?
Me : I'd be if some stranger walked in to my house and messed with my router. But I don't even know who you are?
15 minutes later whoever it is texts me back.

Quote:
????? : Ok, its working again thanks.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 09:21 PM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

All clients are annoying.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2018, 06:29 AM   #14
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
All clients are annoying.
Thats def not true. Ive had many customers get me drunk and stoned, toss me the keys to there house/cottage and let me have working vacations. Get tons of free stuff(last house got some nice ancient furniture and a king sized bed) Alot of my customers feed me, give me private use of there ski hill and beach.
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2018, 06:53 AM   #15
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The ones that change their mind.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2018, 08:22 AM   #16
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Also annoying are those that have me build them a system and hold it for them, then they never show up. Now I have a few hundred dollars worth of hardware sitting around not selling. Naturally, if I wait a few days and they don't show up I put it on the general sales shelf. Sometimes somebody will come in and buy it, but of course about a day after somebody else buys it THEN they will come in;

"Oh sorry I'm late but I had blah blah blah blah blah" "DIDN'T I ASK YOU TO HOLD THE SYSTEM FOR ME? WHY DID YOU SELL IT?"

I then explain to them I cannot hold a product indefinitely and I heard no word from them so I had to put it up for sale.

Then they continue to huff and puff saying they'll never come back. Usually about a month later they come back with some computer problem and they act like the previous conversation never happened lol.

Old Apr 13, 2018, 07:51 PM   #17
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Then they continue to huff and puff saying they'll never come back. Usually about a month later they come back with some computer problem and they act like the previous conversation never happened lol.
That's why, for small business owners, god invented "The A$$hole Surcharge."

Reminds of a sign I've seen at some small retail places and one county recorder's office:
We're happy every time someone walks through our door-- usually on the way IN, but sometimes on the way OUT.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 01:43 PM   #18
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

The kind that breathe.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote