Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 19, 2018, 07:37 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Default GreedFall Upcoming RPG - Zero Fetch Quests.

Is it even possible to have a 35 hour rpg that advertises zero fetch quests? Unfortunately I don't believe it has a release date yet (meh, been delayed until 2019)

Quote:
Fetch quests are nowhere to be found in Greedfall - instead its focus on characters and interlinked quests takes centre stage and brings its world to life.
Quote:
35 hours of gameplay. Around 80 quests. 0 fetch quests.

https://www.gamesradar.com/greedfall...t-story-shine/

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2018, 08:59 PM   #2
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Taturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete stranger

It looks interesting, but it is a Spiders game. I like some of the stuff they did (Mars: War Logs, Bound by Flame), but the gameplay/combat is not that good on their games to be honest.
Taturana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2018, 09:04 PM   #3
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I love Gothic style games, so I'll keep my eye out on this.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 19, 2018, 09:16 PM   #4
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What a terrible name.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 07:47 PM   #5
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Been keeping an eye on this one as the setting is what's hooking me right now.

Saw this teaser a while ago and been waiting for new info.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 07:52 PM   #6
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Couldn't you technically get around fetch quests by making hordes of generic kill quests?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:47 PM   #7
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Couldn't you technically get around fetch quests by making hordes of generic kill quests?
lets hope they don't figure that one out

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:49 PM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So basically no quests in this game. Great!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:22 PM   #9
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:46 PM   #10
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

no fetch quests, nice! now can we get every game moving forward to have this... force developers to innovate...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2019, 05:21 AM   #11
oap
Radeon R300

oap is still being judged by the masses

Took a punt, now the waiting starts
oap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2019, 01:25 AM   #12
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Only 2 days left until release date.

Pro's
New method of storytelling. Its called Nodal Storytelling. Basically it remembers every little detail regarding choices in the game. No choice is too small to affect storyline.
Non violent options: talk your way out of most situations. weighs heavily on past choices.
Rich Character development: this includes companions.
no fetch quests: no meaningless sidequests. each of the 80 quests are critical for the storyline, which is the main focus of the game.

Quote:
Why GreedFall is the game BioWare fans should care about
Quote:
With 35 hours of gameplay and about 80 quests, it's not as big as the AAA RPGs that tend to swallow you and spit you out, disoriented, a couple of weeks (or months) later, but judging by the demos I've seen there's still plenty to sink your teeth - or sword, or bullet from an exquisite flintlock pistol - into.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...uld-care-about

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Sep 7, 2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 04:01 AM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If the combat is tight I will get it.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:29 PM   #14
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
If the combat is tight I will get it.
Your mum in combat boots is tight....well the boots are.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 08:35 AM   #15
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Is it even possible to have a 35 hour rpg that advertises zero fetch quests?
35 hours is not that long for an RPG, so yes its believable.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:47 AM   #16
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I'd rather have 30 ish hours of solid questing experiences and gameplay, than have 80+ hours of questing where 50 of those hours are fetch-quest filler used to pad out the gameplay.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:36 AM   #17
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Game doesn't use Denuvo
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 08:50 PM   #18
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

seems like reason enough to buy it
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:11 PM   #19
KAC
That postcount though...

80 missions seems like a tight game.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:31 PM   #20
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Picked the game up for $39.99 from Newegg. Having a blast. Just finished the first area.

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:43 PM   #21
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

How can you just play a game themed around white colonialism I just don't understand /kotaku
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:45 PM   #22
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks cool, what are the quests like? Does it have good characters?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:51 PM   #23
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Looks cool, what are the quests like? Does it have good characters?
Ive just beaten the first area. There are zero "go fetch" quests in the game apparently, so thats a major plus for me as I despise those types of quests. Story and quests are well written. Dialogue options are well thought out. Characters seem to have a lot of backstory and depth to them. Thoroughly enjoying the game so far. Lip sync is not a thing in this game, so if something like that bugs you - just be aware.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:15 PM   #24
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
How can you just play a game themed around white colonialism I just don't understand /kotaku
Oh man, yeah I saw that article. I can't believe people get paid to write **** like that.

But really, the scarier thing is the praise the article got in the comments.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:01 AM   #25
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

This Assassin's Creed III remake sure looks nice.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 02:01 AM   #26
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ugh, no walking without a gamepad

Quote:
Old Sep 11, 2019, 02:28 AM   #27
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Ugh, no walking without a gamepad
Even then it's janky as fuuu because they make the deadzone so tiny
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 04:35 AM   #28
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Z to walk, it literally tells you at the beginning of the game
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:56 AM   #29
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Z to walk, it literally tells you at the beginning of the game

ZZZzzz...
Old Sep 11, 2019, 05:37 PM   #30
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Those graphics are really damn good for a smaller-ish studio RPG.

How's the combat been so far?