Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:32 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2019, 04:11 AM   #212
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Says it's not a run+gun game.

Shows almost exclusively run+gun footage.

10/10

Whatever. Not saying it can't be fun and immersive. Just doesn't seem at all like the other ones.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:26 AM   #213
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Whatever. Not saying it can't be fun and immersive. Just doesn't seem at all like the other ones.
If you take the game out of the Metro tunnels yeah, that'll feel much different. Too "Rage" for you?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:32 PM   #214
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Has there been any confirmation about how much of the game is underground like the previous games? The videos make it hard to tell but there seem to be at least a few sections. I don't mind more open above ground stuff but it would be a shame to see the underground stuff be relegated to a minor part of the game when they were so awesome in LL.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:07 AM   #215
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Has there been any confirmation about how much of the game is underground like the previous games?
Idk about that but if they are showing off 90% above ground, wide open areas, I assume most of the game is that.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:09 AM   #216
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They haven’t mentioned anything of the likes. We only know that there will be a mixture of linear and open world environments.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:25 PM   #217
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I'm not sure of how the linear/openworld is divided, but I heard
Quote:
the script alone is twice the size of Metro 2033, Last Light and all the other DLC combined.
Likewise the devs are describing the game as a sandbox survival experience. Another point I think most people overlooked is how much dialog could be missed if one simply rushed into battle. The npc's were really chatty with each other if you gave them the chance. On a more somber note...

Quote:
Metro Exodus will be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/metro...i-tamper-tech/

gameplay video.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Jan 21, 2019 at 07:54 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:00 PM   #218
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:57 PM   #219
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Has there been any confirmation about how much of the game is underground like the previous games? The videos make it hard to tell but there seem to be at least a few sections. I don't mind more open above ground stuff but it would be a shame to see the underground stuff be relegated to a minor part of the game when they were so awesome in LL.

Point 4 of this video suggests there will be mostly open world game-play

Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:54 PM   #220
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Let’s hope there are towers to climb and many icons for collectibles.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:12 PM   #221
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Let’s hope there are towers to climb and many icons for collectibles.
also crafting condoms from mutated bats.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:47 AM   #222
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
also crafting condoms from mutated bats.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:36 PM   #223
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fuku2 again.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 PM   #224
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default PC SPECS

"Metro Exodus will support Ray Traced Global Illumination on NVIDIA’s range of RTX cards. In the coming days, 4A will release RTX-specific performance profiles."

http://metrothegame.com/PCSpecs

You ready, Bill?

yoz
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:15 AM   #225
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
"Metro Exodus will support Ray Traced Global Illumination on NVIDIA’s range of RTX cards. In the coming days, 4A will release RTX-specific performance profiles."

You ready, Bill?
sure when is see it working

but game does look good so far
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:29 AM   #226
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

You ready, Bill?
I wouldn't have high hopes for great RTX performance (which has nothing to do with Nvidia). The recommended specs seem a bit high without RTX: http://metrothegame.com/PCSpecs

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:34 AM   #227
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How often are recommended specs really worth paying attention to though?

I mean, why would a 9900k suddenly be the cpu required for ultra when a 8700 basically performs the same in games?

It will probably not run that great at 4k with rtx enabled, but did anyone really expect anything different?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 01:44 PM   #228
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

I mean, why would a 9900k suddenly be the cpu required for ultra when a 8700 basically performs the same in games?

It will probably not run that great at 4k with rtx enabled, but did anyone really expect anything different?
This makes sense.

yoz
Old Jan 26, 2019, 02:15 PM   #229
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Specs are often useless these days, which is sad.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 02:22 PM   #230
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

You are stuck in old school thinking: The 8700k has the same perform in games that are not designed to use higher core counts. 2 extra cores makes a big difference when the game is designed to use them. Also, pay attention to memory requirements. 1440p is 16 GB of system ram VS 8 GB at 1080p. Also look at graphic settings, as each tier raises the resolution as well as raises quality, 9900k is required for extreme, not ultra.

Quote:
Specs are often useless these days, which is sad.
That is because most games prior are designed to run on 4 cores or less. That is changing now that 6 to 8 cores is now becoming mains stream on pc's and consoles.

But, at the end of the day, when it has been released, we will know for sure.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Jan 26, 2019, 02:26 PM   #231
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

No, I just don't expect metro to be the first game that significantly elevates a 8/16 cpu over a 6/12 one.

If anything, it will be the higher stock boost clock that gives the 9900k the edge.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 02:32 PM   #232
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
No, I just don't expect metro to be the first game that significantly elevates a 8/16 cpu over a 6/12 one.

If anything, it will be the higher stock boost clock that gives the 9900k the edge.
5k vs 5.2k isn't going to make much difference, and that is if you have a good motherboard and a good cooler on the 9900k, which will amount to what 1 or 2 fps, if you base it on boost clocks only.

We will just have to wait and see. Metro releases has been known to raise the bar.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Jan 26, 2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 02:43 PM   #233
Mangler
PC

4.3Ghz vs 4.7ghz if metro truly is a game that uses all cores.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 03:24 PM   #234
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

When I upgraded my system a couple weeks back I only put 16gb of ram in there. I fully intended to upgrade to 32 at some point, might as well be now.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 04:11 PM   #235
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought the consensus was that 32gb was pointless for gaming and 16gb was plenty. Should I be upgrading to 32gb?

Last edited by Brainstew : Jan 26, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
Brainstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 04:23 PM   #236
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
I thought the consensus that 32gb was pointless for gaming and 16gb was plenty. Should I be upgrading to 32gb?
No
Old Jan 26, 2019, 04:41 PM   #237
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm going to have to wait for my amd 3700x now
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2019, 04:54 PM   #238
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
4.3Ghz vs 4.7ghz if metro truly is a game that uses all cores.
actually we are both wrong.. it's 4.7 and 5.0 for the 8700k and 9900k (non k 8700 is not the one listed in the recommended specs I linked)

https://ark.intel.com/products/12668...p-to-4-70-GHz-

https://ark.intel.com/products/18660...p-to-5-00-GHz-

Old Jan 26, 2019, 05:10 PM   #239
Mangler
PC

That's the single core turbo boost, 4.3 and 4.7 is the all core boost.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 05:38 PM   #240
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
That's the single core turbo boost, 4.3 and 4.7 is the all core boost.
They are hitting the 4.7 and 5.0 on all cores because of the all core enhancements built into Intel and AMD motherboards.

"The difference from all-core Turbo enhancements is immediately visible in Cinebench: Disabled, with the clocks generally locking to 4.3GHz all-core (per Intel’s spec)"

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3...bo-8700k-8600k

It really doesn't matter as it isn't the turbo speeds that's the big difference. Besides, you have just countered or own original argument by trying to argue the turbo speeds is the main difference:

How can the turbo speeds matter if your above statement was accurate? You just proved yourself wrong.