Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 27, 2019, 02:10 PM   #961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

[EDIT: I did a clean install (haven't done that in ages) of the Radeon 7 drivers that just came out yesterday, and the stuttering is gone, not a sign of it! 1440p ultra settings, tesselation. Maybe I'll turn on physx next lol.]

I'm playing the Metro Exodus PC Gamepass version now, and get frequent (as in every few minutes sometimes more often) freezes accompanied by rapid sound stuttering, which last anywhere from a few seconds to minutes, and if the freeze lasts too long I get a BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, and it reboots the machine.

This is on a Radeon7 + 1800X, windows10 & all drivers are fully updated. Anyone else experiencing this, and have any suggestions?

Last edited by rms : Jun 28, 2019 at 11:14 AM.
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2019, 08:17 PM   #962
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

There is a new NV driver out (431.36 WHQL) which may/may not improve performance in this title. Someone keen to try?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:09 AM   #963
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I will let you know. I play 1440P maxed w/ RTX Ultra.

@rms - DPC has to do with audio; do you have a sound-card? I'd update audio drivers regardless (if on-board, go to Realtek's website) and if you do have a soundcard, I'd re-seat the card.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 28, 2019, 02:42 PM   #964
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

When does the first expansion come out?
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2019, 09:41 AM   #965
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Finished it last night. Ending was meh. 7/10...won't buy any DLC.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2019, 02:04 AM   #966
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You got the good or bad ending?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2019, 03:33 AM   #967
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rms View Post
[EDIT: I did a clean install (haven't done that in ages) of the Radeon 7 drivers that just came out yesterday, and the stuttering is gone, not a sign of it! 1440p ultra settings, tesselation. Maybe I'll turn on physx next lol.]

I'm playing the Metro Exodus PC Gamepass version now, and get frequent (as in every few minutes sometimes more often) freezes accompanied by rapid sound stuttering, which last anywhere from a few seconds to minutes, and if the freeze lasts too long I get a BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, and it reboots the machine.

This is on a Radeon7 + 1800X, windows10 & all drivers are fully updated. Anyone else experiencing this, and have any suggestions?
That's amd drivers for you.... Do either or both. Clean with ddu if you haven't already. Then before you play games Increase your power limit in the overclocking section of watt an. This may help. Other than that, this happens a lot with amd. I will buy their processors but their video cards have a lot to be desired since the 7870 series. Been down hill after that.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2019, 09:50 AM   #968
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You got the good or bad ending?
Good. I think.
Anna and Artyam survived. Her father didn't. They settled in the new valley and talked about bringing other people there. And they all lived happily ever after. The end.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 09:55 AM   #969
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Good. I think.
Anna and Artyam survived. Her father didn't. They settled in the new valley and talked about bringing other people there. And they all lived happily ever after. The end.
Yes, good. I got the Russian ending.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:01 AM   #970
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Yes, good. I got the Russian ending.
Aren't they both Russian endings?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:32 AM   #971
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That’s a tight ending. So what you going on about being a Debbie downer.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:46 AM   #972
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Who's downing Debbie? I'm just saying that the game takes place in Russia, so both good and bad endings are "Russian".

BTW what is the bad ending? And how do you get it?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:01 PM   #973
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Aren't they both Russian endings?
A happy Russian ending? Other than Trump being elected is there such a thing?

yoz
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:01 PM   #974
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
BTW what is the bad ending? And how do you get it?
Be too gun happy and Artyom ends up in a grave too. That's what I got.

yoz
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:05 PM   #975
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Be too gun happy and Artyom ends up in a grave too. That's what I got.
Hmm. I was pretty gun happy overall, except I did a lot of knocking out of pirates and bandits in the stealth area. Wonder what the threshold is.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:09 PM   #976
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Hmm. I was pretty gun happy overall, except I did a lot of knocking out of pirates and bandits in the stealth area. Wonder what the threshold is.
That was it, I took them all out long range!

yoz
Old Aug 14, 2019, 07:39 PM   #977
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wont make a new thread about this yet but...

Quote:
Glukhovsky appears to be following through on his AMA statement. "The Metro gaming series will be continued," he wrote today on Instagram. "Working on the story."
Old Aug 21, 2019, 09:24 PM   #978
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
A happy Russian ending? Other than Trump being elected is there such a thing?
Take your bullshit to the political section.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 09:42 PM   #979
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
Take your bullshit to the political section.
Did you miss the part?

yoz
Old Aug 21, 2019, 09:49 PM   #980
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Aug 23, 2019, 03:56 PM   #981
acroig
Master Troll

Two Colonels is only 2 hours long?

yoz
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:19 PM   #982
Megaman
Packing heat!

Looks like a Metro 2033 film has been announced and due for release in 2022.

I wonder if we all need to upgrade our eye balls to support Ray Tracing global illumination...
Old Aug 31, 2019, 05:22 PM   #983
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Two Colonels is only 2 hours long?
More or less. Though I did enjoy it myself but at this point it is more of a walking simulator. Still, tighter experience than the open world parts of the main game as this focuses completely in the metro and introduces a new weapon.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote