Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 16, 2017, 08:05 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
So the description on Steam makes it sound like there will be actually very little underground metro in metro. Not sure how I feel about that.
Displeased.

I guess it will be interesting to see what they do with it, but I thought the Metro was one of the cooler aspects of the whole setting. I like how the outside world was completely hostile and you didn't feel like you could stay outside that long. Although LL had a fair amount of outside time, you still spent some time in the tunnels as well, and I'll sort of be sad to see that go.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:55 AM   #62
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

thats why its called Exodus hehe
Old Jun 16, 2017, 03:10 PM   #63
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Fantastic trailer even tho i would love that this guys made it similar to Stalker, i'm sure it will be a linear game with a linear story just like Metro and nothing bad with that.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 18, 2017, 03:47 AM   #64
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Metro Exodus takes the series above-ground for a year-long journey through post-apocalypse Russia:

http://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus-...alypse-russia/

Quote:
Yeah, so the game picks up where Metro: Last Light left off with the good ending. Artyom is back and now he needs to join together with a small group of survivors and board a train and escape Moscow. He goes on an epic journey that spans the continent and goes across post-apocalyptic Russia. The whole journey takes about a year and we get to see all the seasons in the year and we get to see that journey and how the time and everything that happens along the way affects the characters and how the characters change.

Players will get to explore the world outside of the Moscow Metro which is pretty much where the last two games have exclusively taken place—underground. We've gone above ground a little bit in previous games but that's going to be a lot of more of that in this next game.
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 07:34 AM   #65
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So yeah that's kinda a weird transition. I'm sure they'll have tight interior spaces as you visit various locations. I will probably miss the underground aspect but it could potentially prove fruitful if they really bring some variety to the actual environments. I guess that ranger mission in the faction pack might have been a mini trial for this since you were spending time above ground in the library.

Taking the metro out of metro is a big risk for the series, fans might not be all that happy with that move.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 07:48 AM   #66
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The only reason why they decided to make a linear corridor shooter is because they were small team. Now after 2 games they have more money and people.
Just like CDPR.

Prokhorov compared this to Stalker and send message to Stalker fans. And if they do this properly it's gonna attract huge army of Stalker fans. All this can only turn into success.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 08:47 AM   #67
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yep, by coming out of the tunnels they are appealing to all the stalker fans, so more profit for them. Plus a game that is a mix between Stalker/Metro is a day1 purchase for me.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:41 AM   #68
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Yep, by coming out of the tunnels they are appealing to all the stalker fans, so more profit for them. Plus a game that is a mix between Stalker/Metro is a day1 purchase for me.
Absolutely.

Back then when they released info about Metro 2033 and how it is linear corridor game, i was really disappointed. Although it is good game and deserves more attention especially in the West. But it isn't Stalker and these are people who made it.
But when you think about it they didn't have money and people to make something similar. Now after this presentation hype is much bigger.

One of the reasons why i love Stalker is because it doesn't insult human intelligence. I remember one dude on my forum who couldn't pass those heavy radiation pockets in Chernobyl NPP because he didn't invest in better equipment and anti-rad artifacts. You must fight those exoskeleton dudes while radiation is high. There's no hand-holding.
Metro is similar.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:00 PM   #69
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I just hope it doesn't have the god awful checkpoint save system only. At least quick saves would be nice.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 05:37 PM   #70
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Old Jun 19, 2017, 03:01 AM   #71
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Playing through last light again, and i'd forgotten how terrible the pacing and some of the changes they made from 2033 were. If they don't remove the checkpoint only system from the game, i may just not even bother with it.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 03:04 AM   #72
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I thought Metro LL was much better than 2033 in terms of checkpoint saves.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2017, 03:17 AM   #73
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Playing through last light again, and i'd forgotten how terrible the pacing and some of the changes they made from 2033 were. If they don't remove the checkpoint only system from the game, i may just not even bother with it.
I've already quit LL, about 2 hours in.

I'm probably going to scratch Exodus off my watch list as well. Fond memories of 2033 and consider the series done.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 03:19 AM   #74
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think you didn't give LL a fair chance. The game was dope. Pacing issues get fixed somewhere 3-4 hours in and then it is quite a fun ride imo.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 03:22 AM   #75
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I think you didn't give LL a fair chance. The game was dope. Pacing issues get fixed somewhere 3-4 hours in and then it is quite a fun ride imo.
I'll likely pick it back up after Prey. I can't stop comparing it to 2033.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 03:25 AM   #76
KAC
That postcount though...

If you have redux, there is a 2033 mode.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 03:39 AM   #77
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
If you have redux, there is a 2033 mode.
Yep, got redux. I'll check it out, thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 05:39 AM   #78
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I thought Metro LL was much better than 2033 in terms of checkpoint saves.
It is, but it's still awful.

Quote:
It was the opposite for me. Pacing was fine until 2 thirds through the game, then it fell apart.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 09:31 AM   #79
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Annnnnnnnnnd... i'm done. Didn't finish mind you. Just got up to the ****ing retarded bear fight and remembered the rage all over again. I gave it like five tries, but i have no health kits left, and it just isn't possible to fight off both the wolves and the bear at the same time without health... even if i restarted the level, i'd be stuck, as i did the entire level without health kits, meaning i would have to restart the entire game as ITS CHECKPOINT SAVES ONLY. Doubt i will be playing Exodus.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 05:04 AM   #80
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Old Dec 9, 2017, 06:00 AM   #81
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Didn't care for Metro series, too linear and very rpg-lite.

If this is 80% Stalker, is not consolized and has save anywhere, I'll give it a go, otherwise Phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtt.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 06:30 AM   #82
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Err.. what?

Also, yes to the saves. If it is only checkpoint saves like the second game. im out.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 08:17 AM   #83
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

2033 and Last Light are some of my favorite games of all time.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:44 AM   #84
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post

If this is 80% Stalker, is not consolized and has save anywhere, I'll give it a go, otherwise Phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtt.
I haven't heard that out of too many people - the first is one of my all time favorites. If a game just has to be a linear/scripted shooter, that's how it's done.

Won't happen, but I'd love co-op, at least outdoors, in a game like this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:25 PM   #85
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Day 1 buy for me.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2017, 04:57 PM   #86
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I thought they changed anna's voice but it's the same actress, anna graves.

I need to replay the series (redux versions) before this one is out.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2017, 05:19 PM   #87
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post

Also, yes to the saves. If it is only checkpoint saves like the second game. im out.
Yeah, it is really annoying how something that was created because of the console hardware limitations of the old days became something that developers actually think is a good game play mechanic.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:20 AM   #88
KAC
That postcount though...

It is a good gameplay mechanic since it extends the total playtime of the game.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:57 AM   #89
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

its the reverse kac, checkpoint saves reduce total playtime. cp saved games are more often easier.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 02:34 AM   #90
KAC
That postcount though...

I don’t think that is true. However one thing I can agree with is that checkpoint saves suck ass.