Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:21 AM   #1051
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
I'm really contemplating getting a Switch now.

Was at Dave & Busters for the nephew's birthday (he's freaking 3 years old already.... wtf ) and they had the arcade version of it that he loved. Being the great uncle that I am, I of course had to intentionally get him into first just to blue shell him a few times.......

But, the more I see of the new Zelda and Smash brother games I sort of want to get one...

The only real question is; how durable are they? I don't think I'd let him have it as a full fledged portable mode, so just on the dock, but.... if he were to drop it, is it a goner like a phone now a days or are they a bit more tough?

Is it necessary to have the pro controller if it is docked? There are some bundles with it that aren't too terrible of a price with games so I'm wondering if it is worth it.

Digital vs. Cart - is it easier one way or the other? I know its got room for microSD, and would probably throw a fairly sizable card in, but if it was only a handful of games (Smash, Kart, Zelda, maybe Mario, etc.) would it be necessary?

Either way, talk me in to it or out of it, as I'm not sure I really need it, but it'd be fun to play with the little bugger.
Nintendo stuff are typically pretty durable.

In terms of controllers...it'll cost you regardless. You can use the 2 joy cons separately, but they're quite small and might be uncomfortable to hold. You can connect them to thatjoycon mount effectively giving you 1 larger pro styled controller (I dunno if its sold separately). and again theres the pro controller.

I'd probably stick with the joycons itself or get that joycon mount to have a pro-style controller, but it depends on how much multiplayer vs single player you'd be playing.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2019, 01:02 PM   #1052
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I need to give my switch a little more love. Chronicles 2, mario bros U deluxe, octopath traveler, great games on the system to name but a few.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:24 AM   #1053
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

I've been having some fun with Civilization VI. The UI works pretty well with touch controls. It's been a good time waster when staying up nights with the sleepless newborn. Computer turns are slowish when the game progresses, but not too slow so far when playing on small maps. Large maps might be a different thing.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 26, 2019, 05:07 PM   #1054
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

x-voodoo is still being judged by the masses

Has anyone heard about this yet?? Rumors going around about the possibility of Microsoft bringing their exclusives to the Switch!!!

If this is true, it would be pretty awesome being able to play the Forza games on the go!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...ntendo-switch/
x-voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2019, 08:52 AM   #1055
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Cloud based gaming

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2019, 09:48 AM   #1056
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Cloud based gaming
I read its possible some may actually be native ports, while others would have to be cloud based.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:17 AM   #1057
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Switch has more power than 360 docked so I would be happy to play Halo and such even at those level of graphics if that was all I could get. But these happy events never seem to happen. Something comes up and we are back to the old ways. Hopefully on this one I am wrong.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:00 PM   #1058
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I'd love to see ms & nintendo partner up, and treat the switch kindof like a portable xbox. Especially after the nextgen consoles come out, I think this can make sense.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2019, 05:06 PM   #1059
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I've been having a blast playing this:

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2019, 02:15 PM   #1060
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I'd love to see ms & nintendo partner up, and treat the switch kindof like a portable xbox. Especially after the nextgen consoles come out, I think this can make sense.
Here's Adam Koralik saying pretty much the same thing I was:

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:42 PM   #1061
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Been sick for awhile so took the time stuck in bed to play through 2064: Read only Memories on the Switch. Fun oldschool graphic adventure game, KAC would enjoy all the gays

Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:38 PM   #1062
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I've been having a blast playing this:

This looks fun. I just can't stop playing Diablo 3. I need to break the D3 habit
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2019, 05:25 PM   #1063
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If you have Amazon prime, collect up to a year of Nintendo Online for free.

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2019, 04:25 PM   #1064
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post

Thanks man, got me online baby!!
+ rep
Old Mar 29, 2019, 09:04 PM   #1065
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post

how do you collect more than the initial 3 months?
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2019, 09:01 AM   #1066
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
how do you collect more than the initial 3 months?
You have to come back and do it again in 60 days.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:20 AM   #1067
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bought Super Mario Bros U Deluxe edition. I have yet to play a single game on switch lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:00 AM   #1068
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Picked up this comic book, puzzle game on Switch during the last sale.
Has been fun so far. Has a Sin City feel to it mixed with Honipop game play style, not that I would know anything about Honipop play style. ^_-

Metropolis: Lux Obscura
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:50 PM   #1069
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Bought Super Mario Bros U Deluxe edition. I have yet to play a single game on switch lol.
Yeah I sometimes wonder why I even bother buying games anymore? Maybe give up gaming and take up bird watching

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:18 AM   #1070
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Was home sick yesterday and was about to finish the new Metropolis comic book. All 4 endings. Was fun, short but fun. Considering how in-expensive it was it was worth it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:24 PM   #1071
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Depending on who you ask, the Switch has only one game (zelda), or thousands of games (indies). Just depends what you're into.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 19, 2019, 07:11 PM   #1072
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think I'll probably end up selling my Switch. The only game I'm playing is Zelda, which I plan to finish. It's a fairly good game. I'm not sure I would call it GOTY though, idk what so many people were thinking. It could have been nostalgia.

The game is nice but it feels rather empty and it weirdly makes me feel lonely. The story takes for ever to progress; there's far too much time inbetween tasks before you get anything remotely meaningful. Swimming is annoying; I think stamina should've been detached from it somehow. The temple puzzles are more of a chore than fun; they aren't creative and just take time.

I like the character designs, the size of the world (it's ridiculously huge), the little voice acting there is, the fight mechanics are satisfying, horse riding is cool, cooking gets old when you realize there's not much to it, I like the armor variety and special attributes.

All in all, I don't see much of a reason to hold on to my Switch. Metroid was essentially, for the intent of playing it, cancelled for me. I'd rather sell, wait for Switch 2.0 and buy that with a larger library.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2019, 07:30 PM   #1073
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yup, sounds like you should sell your switch.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 21, 2019, 06:13 AM   #1074
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
My Switch is gone. It just disappeared.
My docking station is there with all the wires.

The switch, it's case and pro controller are MIA

sad

Since first noticing it gone back in October, our Switch has been found! It was at the family cottage stuck in a closet used for random junk.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:48 PM   #1075
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post
I think I'll probably end up selling my Switch. The only game I'm playing is Zelda, which I plan to finish. It's a fairly good game. I'm not sure I would call it GOTY though, idk what so many people were thinking. It could have been nostalgia.

The game is nice but it feels rather empty and it weirdly makes me feel lonely. The story takes for ever to progress; there's far too much time inbetween tasks before you get anything remotely meaningful. Swimming is annoying; I think stamina should've been detached from it somehow. The temple puzzles are more of a chore than fun; they aren't creative and just take time.

I like the character designs, the size of the world (it's ridiculously huge), the little voice acting there is, the fight mechanics are satisfying, horse riding is cool, cooking gets old when you realize there's not much to it, I like the armor variety and special attributes.

All in all, I don't see much of a reason to hold on to my Switch. Metroid was essentially, for the intent of playing it, cancelled for me. I'd rather sell, wait for Switch 2.0 and buy that with a larger library.
Im holding out for some recreated Zelda games I try every game that sounds interesting to me on the switch. Its probably not worth not nearly as much as paid for if you sold it.

Old Apr 21, 2019, 08:17 PM   #1076
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, Link's Awakening looks great, but I'd love to see a reimagining of Zelda 2.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 23, 2019, 02:20 PM   #1077
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post

Every Zelda game feels that way. The game world's are largely empty, not very detailed, and character interaction is very basic. This latest one was no exception. Everyone always said how much there was to do, and I checked it out at a friend's. Nope, same as any other Zelda. Not sure why it would have been different.

They are always a sparcely detailed and not very populated game world that makes you feel very lonely and bored.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 06:12 PM   #1078
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

So rumors flying around that Nintendo will announce a switch-mini at e3, but the more powerful switch will have to wait for next year. If that's true, I'm interested to see the formfactor of a smaller switch.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 24, 2019, 02:08 PM   #1079
logical
What is my purpose?

Im not sure we need a mini switch. Maybe one with an OLED screen would be nice though. They need more 1st party games.

Old Apr 24, 2019, 02:30 PM   #1080
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Every Zelda game feels that way. The game world's are largely empty, not very detailed, and character interaction is very basic. This latest one was no exception. Everyone always said how much there was to do, and I checked it out at a friend's. Nope, same as any other Zelda. Not sure why it would have been different.

They are always a sparcely detailed and not very populated game world that makes you feel very lonely and bored.
OverclockN' checked it out at a friend's house - Meh, not much to do.

Meteor_of_War checks his logged hours in BotW - well over 100.

What the hell was I doing?
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote