Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cosmonaut_Roger
Radeon Evergreen

Cosmonaut_Roger is still being judged by the masses

Default Sol: Exodus

I searched for a thread on this game and couldn't find one. There's not a lot of space shooters out there right now, so I wanted to give a nod to this one. I picked it up on STEAM for dirt cheap on sale (like $5) and it definitely not one-off short game cash in. You can tell the developers like space sims and put a lot of effort into this game. It controls well - typical space sim controls, nice heavy sounding gun and oversized missles. Enemies that try to escape you but are just dumb enough to make blowing them up fun. It really is a good action-oriented space sim.

However - damn is it hard! I'm stuck on the third mission. I tried it about a dozen times tonight and I cannot survive through to the end. So its a tough game.

I've been playing this and Wing Commander Saga to satisfy my space sim craving, and tey do a good job.
3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
24x CD-ROM Drive
1mg Integrated Video Card by Cirrus Logic
Sound Blaster 16 Sound Card
One 9-pin Serial (Comm) Port
One Parallel LTP Printer Port
Dos 6.22
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

There was a quick look on Giant Bomb. What killed my interested was an apparent lack of auto-convergence on the guns.

As is typical, the Giant Bomb guys aren't the best players in the world, but plenty of times they were right behind ship, had it in their crosshairs and even decently lead, but their shots went around the enemy ship because the convergence distance on the guns seems set too far out.

Having to account that you need a ship to the left or right of the crosshairs and then being able to hit it with only gun is lame.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote