Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:50 AM   #2911
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Bob View Post
Where did you but it?
Im on a tight budget right now so if I can save €20 I will .
We have a software store that sells Russian region games here, legally too. But you can't buy a key per se, you must buy a box as selling only a key is a tad illegal in these parts.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:00 AM   #2912
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:25 AM   #2913
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

!#"¤"!#¤"¤#" OMG GIVE NOAW!
m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:27 AM   #2914
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hope you can trick origin into unlocking the euro version on the 25th.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:00 AM   #2915
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Woah that trailer

I´m glad this game is out after my exams XD
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:15 AM   #2916
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

With all this news I can't wait to play the game. Unfortunately I'm really busy @work with a project that needs to be finalized by the end of this month... Of course I go away Friday and Saturday after the release so I foresee some trouble playing the game...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:43 AM   #2917
chunk
Radeon R520

chunk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Nemesis View Post
i3 @ 3GHZ
2 GB GDDR3
1 Tera Sata
600 W PSU
Radeon 5770 HD @ 1GB

can I run it on medium settings ?
I would think so. You might be pushing it on 2 gb ram though.
chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:29 PM   #2918
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Evil Nemesis is still being judged by the masses

^^ okay mate, I will increase My ram tomorrow to 2 GB More.

it's just @ 17$ here brand new
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:35 PM   #2919
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I would not expect great performance from a 5770 on anything but the low settings.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:51 PM   #2920
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

card isn't that bad
I found this nifty list here

I have what is basically a 560 and it ran pretty good with old 275 drivers

here, cuz i'm bored at work http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96086...eld-3/60465903

Last edited by night : Oct 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:55 PM   #2921
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

not sure if this is common knowledge, but i just found out that the game won't have battlerecorder. yet another promised feature missing :|

http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/123892438690574338

whatever it takes to release before mw3.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:57 PM   #2922
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:01 PM   #2923
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
card isn't that bad
I found this nifty list here

I have what is basically a 560 and it ran pretty good with old 275 drivers

here, cuz i'm bored at work http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/96086...eld-3/60465903
The guys in that thread seems to get 58xx performance out of their 5770.

But since dice recommends a 8800 for low, a 5770 should be good for medium.

Last edited by Mangler : Oct 19, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:19 PM   #2924
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Did you not play the beta? Most of the Rush maps appear to be infantry-oriented and even Caspian Border was a map with tons of infantry despite the tanks, helicopters, and jets. Infantry combat is still sort of the main focus of the game, with lots of vehicles to satisfy people who like using those, too. You definitely won't be hurting if you don't know how to fly helicopters or drive tanks, although it's helpful to be able to do those things in case your team needs your help, too!
No, I'm not into beta testing. Also BFBC2 at launch is a much different game than it is now. I have my doubts that he BF3 beta is representative of how people will be playing the game in a couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yeh I'm not a fan of prone either tbh, I think gameplay is better in all games without it.

No its an FPS like BC2.

I dont know wtf you're on about anyway, theres like 1 chopper per map, if at all, and its usually a transport chopper for moving soldiers anyway, so wtf? Same goes for tanks, there might be a couple maps with a heavy tank, the rest have a light tank or none at all. At least in rush, I dont play CQ.

Why dont you play squad death match or squad rush if 1 vehicle on a map bothers you so much that you cant play?
It makes it more interesting to me, you couldnt even win most of the rush maps without the aid of a transport chopper to land behind enemy lines, or a tank for the team to protect as it busts through the enemy lines and acting as cover for your team.
I don't know, most of the servers that I've hopped on recently have much more than one tank and heli per map, far more actually. Its one of the reasons that I dislike BC2 its as bad as the cheesy kill streak rewards in COD. I have no urge to learn how to fly a heli in BC2, thats not what I bought the game to do. It seems like the tanks and helis on most servers are as bad as snipers were at launch.

Red Orchestra 2 is more what I am looking for in an fps. I'm debating canceling my BF3 pre-order in the hopes that RO2 numbers pick up a bit after a free weekend.

Last edited by BababooeyHTJ : Oct 19, 2011 at 01:27 PM.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:22 PM   #2925
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
No, I'm not into beta testing. Also BFBC2 at launch is a much different game than it is now. I have my doubts that he BF3 beta is representative of how people will be playing the game in a couple of months.
I sure hope so, I would hate it if I was stuck under the map and still able to kill people in the full version.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:40 PM   #2926
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I would not expect great performance from a 5770 on anything but the low settings.
My 5870 blasted the game on all High settings even on 64-player Caspian Border with chaos everywhere (40-50+ FPS on average), so I'm almost sure the 5770 could play the game well on a Medium-High combination.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:49 PM   #2927
ZaP911
Come again?!

ZaP911 is still being judged by the masses

Pre-ordered this for $42 from Amazon. My biggest concern is how it's going to run on my old'ish PC. Any Q6600/GTX260 beta players?
ZaP911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 01:59 PM   #2928
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

It's going to run, but you'll have to use medium/low settings. And then you will get fps drops when lots of players are in a server, and when there is bigger destruction. The CPU is too slow to hold 60fps all the time
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:03 PM   #2929
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

i get the impression BF3 is fairly equally cpu/gpu dependent?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:07 PM   #2930
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
not sure if this is common knowledge, but i just found out that the game won't have battlerecorder. yet another promised feature missing :|

http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/123892438690574338

whatever it takes to release before mw3.
Game releases today Spin are very specific in who they are directed towards. They could release a turd and say it was the game and people would buy it "just cause". Thanks to EA I'm out $100 due to their crappy security. Unless they give me the game for free (which they should), I'm not buying it.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:21 PM   #2931
RealyPssd
Rage3D Veteran

RealyPssd is still being judged by the masses

I think I'm going to break down and pre-order it soon..

What the **** did I read about regenerating health though?
RealyPssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:23 PM   #2932
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

no different than softcore BC2
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:26 PM   #2933
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm curious to see if the retail version's graphics are more inline with the recommended hardware configs. Buddy of mine at work ran it fine on high with a 5870, which according to DICE is really only good for medium.

Anyone seen any benchmarks from the leaked single player campain yet?
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:29 PM   #2934
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I'm curious to see if the retail version's graphics are more inline with the recommended hardware configs. Buddy of mine at work ran it fine on high with a 5870, which according to DICE is really only good for medium.

Dice recommends a 560ti for high, so a 5870 is fine for high.

And no benchmarks, the game might be leaked, but there is no crack.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:33 PM   #2935
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

if we can turn off individual annoying **** like blur and dof, etc you can usually get more out your vid card than would be expected.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:52 PM   #2936
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I don't see it being cracked anytime soon. Lol. Well at least not before launch.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:17 PM   #2937
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Seems currently Origins cannot be circumvented thus preventing anyone installing the game.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:18 PM   #2938
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Seems currently Origins cannot be circumvented thus preventing anyone installing the game.
I thought it was the securoms that they kept the pirates away, they cannot bypass the release check.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:28 PM   #2939
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Red Orchestra 2 is more what I am looking for in an fps. I'm debating canceling my BF3 pre-order in the hopes that RO2 numbers pick up a bit after a free weekend.
More people playing DoD Source than Red Orchestra 2. Free weekend will pick the numbers up for a week and then they will fall back down to those still hanging on.

If you don't want to fight with or against vehicles then BF3 shouldn't be on your radar. If you hate vehicles, then go engineer and destroy those ****ers.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:39 PM   #2940
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
More people playing DoD Source than Red Orchestra 2. Free weekend will pick the numbers up for a week and then they will fall back down to those still hanging on.

If you don't want to fight with or against vehicles then BF3 shouldn't be on your radar. If you hate vehicles, then go engineer and destroy those ****ers.
Yeah, DoD Source is the better game anyways. Thats one game that I always have fun playing.

I canceled my preorder. I just won't get my moneys worth out of it. I'll pick it up once it goes on sale. I got BC2 shortly after release for pretty cheap.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote