Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:54 AM   #2761
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Support for heavy multithreading cpu's like the FX 8150? Or at least some code that take advantage of the specific new amd tech in the bulldozer cpus.
Throughout the year, AMD's effort to use latest tech has almost always ignored. They started way too early with 64 bit CPUs and DX11 GPUs and only years later did the software barely scratched the surface. Others saw that and didn't bother to be early adopters.

Edit: Completely rewritten. First writing was indeed misleading.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528

Last edited by MNB4800 : Oct 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:58 AM   #2762
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
DX11 anyone?
.. is that something you refer to as "AMD tech"?..
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:24 PM   #2763
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_Tiny View Post
I will be at the GeForce Lan this weekend as press. There is going to be two important people from EA there and I will be interviewing them on camera.

Does anyone have any questions they would like to have answered?
Have the new client side hit detection been rolled back to the Bad Company 2 system so we can actually play Battlefield 3?
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:30 PM   #2764
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
.. is that something you refer to as "AMD tech"?..
Fixed!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:41 PM   #2765
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Dice is apparently working on year-round DLC:
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...battlefield-3/

Knowing EA's track record, I get a little uneasy... Don't want to have the Special Forces, Euro Forces, Armored Fury community split again...
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:48 PM   #2766
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wonder if they will jump on the "season pass" bandwagon.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:03 PM   #2767
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Have the new client side hit detection been rolled back to the Bad Company 2 system so we can actually play Battlefield 3?
Yes and if we at least have the option to have server side hit detection with an indication of such servers in the browser?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:06 PM   #2768
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yes and if we at least have the option to have server side hit detection with an indication of such servers in the browser?
They are using a hybrid system of client and server side hit detection so I'm guessing the new solution is better.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:14 PM   #2769
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
They are using a hybrid system of client and server side hit detection so I'm guessing the new solution is better.
Was that system in place during the beta?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:23 PM   #2770
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I wonder if they will jump on the "season pass" bandwagon.
they're the ones who introduced it

wait sorry i mistook season pass for online pass.

Last edited by spindoctor : Oct 13, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:56 PM   #2771
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Was that system in place during the beta?
Yeah I believe it was the system they had in place in beta. However, there was a damage bug that a) give you headshots when you got a body shot b) multiplied 10x the damage done while moving.

So that's the reason for a lot of one hit kills with assault rifles and sniper rifles. Usually a server should be reporting damage per tick, but instead I believe they reported damage per 10 ticks so instead of getting shot a few times as you duck for cover, you weren't shot at all and then you were insta dead. I think this exacerbated the apparent lag issue as people were behind cover would instantly be dead instead of just lightly damaged.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:10 PM   #2772
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Operation Firestorm

Tehran Highway

Damavand Peak

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...ap-reveal.aspx
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:18 PM   #2773
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

OOHH peak looks awesome... Id love to spawn at the top and parachute to the bottom to war

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:42 PM   #2774
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Those maps look awesome. The "Damavand Peak" that requires the attackers to base jump at the beginning is just brilliant!

This really, really concerns me, though.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/voip-comm...ain-at-launch/
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:51 PM   #2775
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Operation mouse lag more like.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:51 PM   #2776
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoLo View Post
Operation mouse lag more like.
What mouse lag?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:01 PM   #2777
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I am concerned about the state of the maps. Where are the big open maps that DICE "promised"? The so called "Biggest maps DICE has ever made"?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:45 PM   #2778
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

No commo rose at launch is a ****ing joke.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:57 PM   #2779
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
No commo rose at launch is a ****ing joke.
releasing a complete and polished game takes lower priority to getting it out of the door before modern warfare 3.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:03 PM   #2780
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

If anyone cares, BF3 is 47.99 on newegg without any coupon this time. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832130284

But I'm a weirdo who likes physical media.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:27 PM   #2781
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Alright bout to order a 580gtx for this game, do you guys think 3GB vs 1.5GB is worth the extra cash for this game?
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:36 PM   #2782
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
Alright bout to order a 580gtx for this game, do you guys think 3GB vs 1.5GB is worth the extra cash for this game?
Dont think you will need 3GB personally, but it depends on the final release and resolution you're playing at.

Also, just throwing this out there, you could get a 2500k, mobo and another 5870 for the same price and see a bigger improvement.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:57 PM   #2783
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Dont think you will need 3GB personally, but it depends on the final release and resolution you're playing at.

Also, just throwing this out there, you could get a 2500k, mobo and another 5870 for the same price and see a bigger improvement.
My 5870 crapped out on me so a 2nd 5870 is not an option for me.I'm using a 560gtx atm. So I guess I'll just get a 580 1.5GB and upgrade my whole rig when the new version of i7 comes out in a month. I just hope I can max out BF3 with that rig I don't want to dish out $500 more for a 2nd 580GTX
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:06 AM   #2784
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
releasing a complete and polished game takes lower priority to getting it out of the door before modern warfare 3.
Yeah, it does look that way. At the same time they are trying a completely different approach than MW3. It's sort of a mixed bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:10 AM   #2785
demo
space cadet

Quote:
My 5870 crapped out on me so a 2nd 5870 is not an option for me.I'm using a 560gtx atm. So I guess I'll just get a 580 1.5GB and upgrade my whole rig when the new version of i7 comes out in a month. I just hope I can max out BF3 with that rig I don't want to dish out $500 more for a 2nd 580GTX
Oh ok, then yer in that case go for a 580, I think 1.5GB will be fine as BF3 seems to stream textures when needed. At 1080p with 4xSSAA it was using ~1470MB on my rig, and at 2560x1440 when it was clearly maxed out at 1536MB the game still ran smoothly.

But of course until the final release is here no one can say for sure, but I'd say 90% chance 1.5GB will be fine, and 99% chance if youre at 1920x1080 or below. Whether or not a single 580 can run it at decent frame rates at max settings is another story, personaly I think at true ultra settings at 1080p you will be looking at 30-50fps.

Last edited by demo : Oct 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:15 AM   #2786
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Oh ok, then yer in that case go for a 580, I think 1.5GB will be fine as BF3 seems to stream textures when needed. At 1080p with 4xSSAA it was using ~1470MB on my rig, and at 2560x1440 when it was clearly maxed out at 1536MB the game still ran smoothly.

But of course until the final release is here no one can say for sure, but I'd say 90% chance 1.5GB will be fine, and 99% chance if youre at 1920x1080 or below. Whether or not a single 580 can run it at decent frame rates at max settings is another story, personaly I think at true ultra settings at 1080p you will be looking at 30-50fps.
That's the thing tho, I need atleast 50+ fps in games like BF3. The full version will probably be more taxing since a lot of things were missing for the Ultra settings in the beta, but then again it'll be more optimized so who knows....
Quote:
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:21 AM   #2787
demo
space cadet

Quote:
That's the thing tho, I need atleast 50+ fps in games like BF3. The full version will probably be more taxing since a lot of things were missing for the Ultra settings in the beta, but then again it'll be more optimized so who knows....
I hear ya, but if you maybe dropped AA to 2x, shadows down a notch or two and a couple other small compromises you could probably get 60 avg np, plus the game might be more optimised along with better drivers.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:22 AM   #2788
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
you might want to consider adding another 560 in sli instead. it'll actually be more powerful than a single 580 in most cases, it'll be cheaper and it'll be good enough to last until the next generation of gpus from nvidia and ati come out in a few months.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:23 AM   #2789
demo
space cadet

Yeh thats a good idea, another 560ti, 2500k and mobo would play BF3 well imo.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:36 AM   #2790
RAY16
Defenestration Specialist

RAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like it's going to start pre-loading on the 21st. On Origin and Amazon, at least.