Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:32 PM   #2641
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yeh exactly scart, thats just conquest. But I feel the rush version will be good, the only issue I have with rush is they make most maps too tight, there should be more routes to flank etc.. I actually like metro except for the 3rd mcoms up on the top level, thats just rediculous against any team that has half a brain.
Indeed. The Tower flag spawnpoint goes straight down to the Forest flag and there pretty much is only one way down there. Meaning it's still Metro, just without borders.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:36 PM   #2642
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Rush is the best thing to happen to BF imo, and is why BF2 was considered a "noobs" game. Conquest is just running around in circles capping flags and getting shot in the back, totally random gameplay. lol woo.

But, the map is good, cant wait for rush version on an open map.
lol bf2 was played competitively for leagues ( the only BF to do so with cash prizes? maybe 1942/DC-0.7 but im not sure, i dont think so). The fact you're calling it that game shows you are a BF rookie, but feel free to stay on Rush, all the action will be in conquest.

Last edited by xNaquada : Oct 7, 2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: edit niceness
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:42 PM   #2643
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:43 PM   #2644
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaquada View Post
lol bf2 was played competitively for leagues ( the only BF to do so with cash prizes? maybe 1942/DC-0.7 but im not sure, i dont think so). The fact you're calling it that game shows you are a BF rookie, but feel free to stay on Rush, all the action will be in conquest.
Hey I even played BF2 in leagues and thought it was horrid. My team actually won the ladder we were in, but after the first season we dropped out and many others did too, and went back to CSS, maybe MW1 came out shortly after that too iirc, which is why I never played BF2 in ladders again. BF2 was a good game, CQ ruined it.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:56 PM   #2645
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

What's wrong with conquest? Battlefield was, is and always will be a conquest game..
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 03:15 PM   #2646
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Conquest is fun, so is rush. I have days I like one over the other and my preference changes all of the time.

64 player server lag.... holy crap.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 03:40 PM   #2647
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
What's wrong with conquest? Battlefield was, is and always will be a conquest game..
And thats what makes BC2 so good!

I dont hate CQ and its fine for some random, aimless, pub fun.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 03:55 PM   #2648
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

ragejg is still being judged by the masses

I'm hoping performance issues get sorted out... I'm sot seeing a lot of talk about that, in lieu of people instead discussing/arguing about other parts of this game/beta.

It'd seem like a 4.0 ghz x6 CPU with two 1gb GTX 560s would provide a really steady and solid experience in this game at High and Ultra settings, at 1080p with 4x MSAA, HBAO and some Post AA... But I've found that in pretty much all of the image quality settings, there are some massive slowdowns. In my experience, point at the sky, get 60-90 fps. Point at the ground, get the same. Look directly at a canvassed-over fence, get 80-110. But then from a distance, look at a few buildings with players running around and the framerate dips into the 20s-40s, and feels really unsteady. I also noticed that a single card felt more steady in framerates, and although they were lower overall it didn't feel so jerky.

Anyone else having these kinds of issues? I also tried this with GPUs at stock speeds and CPU knocked down to stock and got the same problem.
ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 03:58 PM   #2649
demo
space cadet

Disable HBAO, I would use 2xAA and drop shadows a notch on that system aswell, and I always set frames to render ahead to 1 for MP games.

apart from that SLI feels very smooth for me, but Tri generally does feel smoother with less microstutter, perhaps you should record a fraps log and use the microstutter index tool to see how much microstutter youre getting.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 04:10 PM   #2650
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

how limited do you guys think Bf3 will be with a Q6600 3.6GHZ , 580GTX? I'm waiting for the i7 3820 to upgrade.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 04:21 PM   #2651
demo
space cadet

Probably fine, you will be CPU limited but the game is GPU heavy aswell and I think with high enough settings on a single GTX580 it wont make much difference, but if you lower graphics settings you just wont see as much of an FPS increase across the board, I say across the board because on an empty map you will see a nice gain, but minimums and averages wont be as high in full servers with vehicles and lots of destruction, so imo to balance it out crank the settings up high, because either way you will get the same low fps drops, so might aswell try to keep frame rate more consistent with better visuals.

I got a 50% increase in BC2 for instance going from a Q6600 at 3.8 to i7 930 at 4.4, and a smaller gain again with my current 970 at 4.5, probably due to the 2 extra cores offloading some tasks, more cache and a slight bump in speed.

Last edited by demo : Oct 7, 2011 at 04:24 PM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 04:35 PM   #2652
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I feel like the high weapon damage absolutely destroys anything Conquest mode could have possibly offered. It still just does not feel right at all. The entire game feels as though it was meant exclusively for CQB on maps like Metro. Something about the gunplay on Caspian just feels "wrong," and it's hard to describe. Does anyone else get the same kind of feeling?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 04:47 PM   #2653
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I feel like the high weapon damage absolutely destroys anything Conquest mode could have possibly offered. It still just does not feel right at all. The entire game feels as though it was meant exclusively for CQB on maps like Metro. Something about the gunplay on Caspian just feels "wrong," and it's hard to describe. Does anyone else get the same kind of feeling?
I really like the game, but I feel for diehard BF fans, this is really MoH2 (MoH done right).
Old Oct 7, 2011, 04:57 PM   #2654
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
The range on assault weapons and the support LMGs is simply retarded. If I shot like that in the training, I would have had to run 10 laps on the stadium, with full gear. For every bullet. Everything about this game screams "MOH! COD! Look at us!". You are quite literally forced into CQB, even on Caspian where you can't hit anything even if your life depended on it. My sidearm is ten times more accurate with its ironsights than my ACOGed HK416. Absolutely hilarious. BF3 simply does not work for the gameplay that they are touting. It's CQB, all the way, all the time.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 07:08 PM   #2655
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Eh? Rush is more of a meatgrind than any other gamemode on any other game I think I have ever played... Rush as a gamemode just encourages camping also. Conquest is where its at, non-linear gameplay. Rush is as linear and as basic as you can get, zero strategy required.

Last edited by {0}Salamander{0} : Oct 7, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
{0}Salamander{0} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 07:48 PM   #2656
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

Quote:
Disable HBAO, I would use 2xAA and drop shadows a notch on that system aswell, and I always set frames to render ahead to 1 for MP games.

apart from that SLI feels very smooth for me, but Tri generally does feel smoother with less microstutter, perhaps you should record a fraps log and use the microstutter index tool to see how much microstutter youre getting.
I'll check into that microstutter index tool. I really wouldn't think I'd have to gimp a damn thing on this rig, I mean it is something akin to high end (or so I'd like to think).

Last edited by ragejg : Oct 7, 2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 07:54 PM   #2657
demo
space cadet

Yeh its a good rig, but BF3 beta is demanding and really HBAO gives you increased mouse latency anyway, so I would turn it off. I even do with Tri SLi just because it feels better. AA is probably fine as are shadows, but if you need extra fps to keep it above 60 those are the two things I would lower first.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:03 PM   #2658
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

I wouldn't normally say this but NVIDIA's performance guides have generally been pretty spot on with how my rig runs games, so I had pretty well thought based on their info that I'd likely be able to run BF3 at Ultra-Pimp settings at 19x10 with two GTX 560s.

I really don't want to turn ambient occlusion off. I didn't turn it off in BC2 and I'd prefer to not have to do that in this game either. I'm hoping final game sorts out these performance issues.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:04 PM   #2659
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Canceled my preorder. This is no BF that i remember
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:32 PM   #2660
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So I finally played caspian border, I'm suprised that it's not more demanding than operation metro, since it looks so much better.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 09:13 PM   #2661
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
The range on assault weapons and the support LMGs is simply retarded. If I shot like that in the training, I would have had to run 10 laps on the stadium, with full gear. For every bullet. Everything about this game screams "MOH! COD! Look at us!". You are quite literally forced into CQB, even on Caspian where you can't hit anything even if your life depended on it. My sidearm is ten times more accurate with its ironsights than my ACOGed HK416. Absolutely hilarious. BF3 simply does not work for the gameplay that they are touting. It's CQB, all the way, all the time.
I feel the same way. Very well said.

I hope it improves.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 09:39 PM   #2662
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Honestly, tho I dont know if Novalogic has a copyright on the gameplay which they call AD (attack\defend), conquest should force one side to take a specific spawn point before moving on to another. Team wins would be by who owns most spawn points or who wins them all.

Not have all spawn points always open to be taken over... You can still use large maps but you get great gameplay because most people will still opt to rush the next spawn point or defend the one they are on now. Rush and conquest both seem to be variants of the AD game play but they dont seem quite as good an idea imo.

Again hope mods come around soon that would allow it.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 09:45 PM   #2663
demo
space cadet

Yeh I'd like a cross of conquest and rush, with no recapping of objectives, maybe 3 mcoms for each team on either side of a large open map, and once theyre blown another small section opens up with the teams last remaining mcom to defend, each team could have a big base at the last mcom.. or something..

Last edited by demo : Oct 7, 2011 at 09:48 PM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2011, 09:58 PM   #2664
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Well the Nova design was awesome in that with even just one spawn point left (save the base camp which didnt count as a conquerable target) the losing team could bounce back like some last ditch adrenaline surge and kick the other teams ass by retaking the spawns. Made for some awesome games going back and forth especially when matches had timers up to 6 hours long. You could get a 1000+ kills a game it was insane...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:01 PM   #2665
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

I'm gonna move my NVIDIA-specific BF3 beta performance talk to another thread more applicable, as this is more for the game in general. I do have some microstuttering data if anyone's interested.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 02:35 AM   #2666
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Hmm other than the occasional network slowdowns I see on all games the last few hours on Caspian have been a lot better than metro. Its odd there were far more players but the lag is a lot less. Im thinking they put out Caspian because it was in better shape than metro that was pissing so many people off.

And most people chatted in German... I think I was in a European server lol.

My k\d sucked as usual but I played support. I still cant fly worth a damn in this game... heck couldnt even get off the runway first try...

Id love for them to give binoculars at least as an unlock... Frickin snipers...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 8, 2011, 02:37 AM   #2667
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Can you invert the aircraft controls?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 02:39 AM   #2668
pax
Rage3D Spammer

I didnt try that... its just so darn weird to fly with kb/mouse... I gotta get me a usb joystick if I get this game...

The server was ~120ms too... yet it was def better than metro at 30-40 ms...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 8, 2011, 03:24 AM   #2669
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Oh, one more thing. There are far too few lives available for the attackers on Metro. The ticket count should be 200-300 at least. You can get bogged down by a (very intense and quite awesome) firefight and when it's over, half of the tickets are already gone.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 03:38 AM   #2670
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yeh I'd like a cross of conquest and rush, with no recapping of objectives, maybe 3 mcoms for each team on either side of a large open map, and once theyre blown another small section opens up with the teams last remaining mcom to defend, each team could have a big base at the last mcom.. or something..
DICE is already way ahead of you. Wait they where. Then they split up conquest and rush
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote