Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 26, 2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Default Exodus From Earth

Average FPS from the Russian side of the world. Decent enough graphics I guess. Interesting side-detail is that you can hear the enemy run out of ammo and then hear them reload just like you have to. Not a revolutionary feature for a fps, but it was a nice surprise. Not very far into it yet. Anyhoo, a couple of screenies...

Dc

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Oct 26, 2008 at 06:11 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Looks like F.E.A.R, or the engine at least. Not bad from the screens actually. This is a free beta or something?
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 07:44 PM   #3
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post
Looks like F.E.A.R, or the engine at least. Not bad from the screens actually. This is a free beta or something?
It reminds me more of a seriously dolled up "Red Faction".

Like you said, average shooter, but I'd give it a go.

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2008, 08:03 PM   #4
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

whereas i am reminded of deus ex invisible war, especially from the third screenie of the building.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 09:35 PM   #5
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
This is a free beta or something?
Na, it's retail...

Dc

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...oduct_id=72715

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:08 PM   #6
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
whereas i am reminded of deus ex invisible war, especially from the third screenie of the building.

4th sceenie reminds me of the deus ex 1 scene from the bad guys headquarters, the world in our hand statue.

I saw this game offered on steam, looks pretty dated, and im guessing the gameplay is pretty old school.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:11 PM   #7
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
4th sceenie reminds me of the deus ex 1 scene from the bad guys headquarters, the world in our hand statue.

I saw this game offered on steam, looks pretty dated, and im guessing the gameplay is pretty old school.
Something new but nothing special . However, it does have one-shot kill headshots and...AI that will attempt to sound an alarm and on some occasions will not pursue you forcing you to go to them. I had some techs running as soon as they noticed me for the alarm. I was able to down one with a head-shot but the other hit the alarm. AI also is pretty good at hitting you on the run if you run in a straight line. Everything said, imo the AI is better than some mainstream titles. I've received less for 30 bucks.

Dc

ps. The AI being forced to reload works very well. Oh yea, almost zero wait for game load.
Update: The more I play this game the more I like it . Damn guards are deadly with those gernades! If you try and hide in a room with a single
entrance they will almost always toss a gernade into it.

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Oct 27, 2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:35 AM   #8
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

I see it's up on Steam as well...anyone else trying it?

Dc

Quote:
Old Oct 27, 2008, 06:25 AM   #9
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I see it's up on Steam as well...anyone else trying it?

Dc

i was thinking of getting it but i am too busy with dead space and far cry 2 currently. I dont mind some old school fps action, if the performance is good and there arent half assed bug all over the place

Ill probably get it after the christmas fever settles down a bit.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 08:29 AM   #10
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

I like simple shooters like this.

/orders from Gogamer
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2008, 05:56 PM   #11
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

That last screen of the guy with his leg blown off...while he was reloading his weapon I pitched a frag and that was the results . Very satisfying...

Dc

Quote:
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:12 PM   #12
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

terrible voice acting....

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:05 PM   #13
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
terrible voice acting....
Yes, it definately does not excel in this area .

Dc

Quote:
Old Oct 28, 2008, 06:10 PM   #14
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

^ Understatement of the year, lol.

Old Oct 29, 2008, 03:32 AM   #15
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
^ Understatement of the year, lol.
According to a few game review sites I would not make much of a game reviewer. Getting mostly in the '6' range. Oh well and anyhoo...

Dc

Quote:
Old Oct 29, 2008, 06:43 AM   #16
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

i laughed my ass off when i had to go through a ventilation system, hl2 anyone?