Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:00 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Default iPod Nano vs. iPod Video

Here it goes folks. I've been a good boy lately so I decided to give myself a treat by buying something nice. I think I want to upgrade my mp3 player. I am currently an owner of a 2GB black iPod Nano, but would like to go for a 30GB iPod Video.

My question is the obvious one: is it worth it spending $379 CAD on one when I already have a Nano. The only attraction is ability to store files on the 30GB HD iPod Video offers. I've been thinking about buying a 2.5" HD for some time now, and iPod Video could provide me with functionality of one. When I say I want to use larger HD to store files I don't mean music, more like other things - .dbf files. The fact that I can watch movies on iPod Video is irrelevant, I will not use it for such. So, the question stands: should I spend this much to get myself a 30GB iPod Video or I should live happily with my present Nano?

What do you think?
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:09 AM   #2
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

DO it, do it now!!!

I have a 30gb and i think it was money well spent. I hardly use it for movies. As for going from a nano, that is your deciscion i guess. I use mine as a external HD for "backup". I would say, yeah, its worth it.
Jankan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:24 AM   #3
-=Antimatter=-
Radeon Sea Islands

-=Antimatter=- is still being judged by the masses

I would do it for the capacity. If the Nano isn't holding enough music, or you need a 2.5" HDD like you said, then it might be worth it. Of course, there are cheaper external hard drive solutions out there.
-=Antimatter=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:29 AM   #4
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

That's the thing. I can save money by buying a regular 2.5" HD. iPod Video is just for the bling-bling factor, plus I think it'd be nice to watch some pr0n on the bus.

And no, my Nano is everything and more I need for music. I don't need more sotrage here.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Shoey Peachew

there are rumors of a new touch screen iPod being tossed around at the moment. Might be worth the wait and see.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:58 AM   #6
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoey Peachew
there are rumors of a new touch screen iPod being tossed around at the moment. Might be worth the wait and see.
There's always something new in the works. That does not concern me as one could be waiting forever to get the leatest and greatest. Plus, I don't like touchscreens.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:04 AM   #7
Shoey Peachew

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r
There's always something new in the works. That does not concern me as one could be waiting forever to get the leatest and greatest. Plus, I don't like touchscreens.
Yep, it's still a rumor based on patents by Apple people saw. It'll most likely have a bigger screen, but I guess that's irrelevant for your needs.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:08 AM   #8
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Yep, it's still a rumor based on patents by Apple people saw. It'll most likely have a bigger screen, but I guess that's irrelevant for your needs.
Yes, you see, on top of this I can't really wait much longer. I need some portable storage and if not iPod Video it will be a mobile harddrive then.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:22 AM   #9
Shoey Peachew

Well, you can get a 2.5" external hard drive for a lot less than an iPod Video and since you already have a Nano you can use the extra money and buy more toys.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:27 AM   #10
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Well, you can get a 2.5" external hard drive for a lot less than an iPod Video and since you already have a Nano you can use the extra money and buy more toys.
True, but that would mean that I have to carry two things around at all times(three if you count my cellphone) instead of just two!

Also, the screen is nice. Maybe not ~$200 difference nice, but it's worth considering I'd think.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:59 AM   #11
Shoey Peachew

hmmm, seems like a hard decision with too many angles to consider. I suppose you could sell the Nano and get the iPod Video. Unless, you need the flash based Nano for its ruggedness or something.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:37 PM   #12
Kamiclone
Galactic Odyssey

Kamiclone is still being judged by the masses

i for the same want to buy a Ipod Video only because it is nice a sleek. I dont really care that much for the videos. The big HD is nice, but i dont have that many songs..............yet.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:00 PM   #13
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Get it. I just bought a 5th gen ipod (the video one) and they're great. There are many easy converter programs out there to help you along with the conversion process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote