Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 26, 2021, 07:58 AM   #4951
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I want to thank SirPauly for sending me an absolutely free FTW3 hybrid kit. I am extremely grateful and would like to return the favor in kind to SirPauly and the amazing community whenever an opportunity arises.
Pauly, stand up guy.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2021, 08:03 AM   #4952
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Pauly, stand up guy.
Absolutely.
And it’s already received at my forwarding address.

Last edited by KAC : Feb 26, 2021 at 08:18 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2021, 09:01 AM   #4953
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Absolutely.
Excellent, how long you think to get to you? Next weekend?

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:59 AM   #4954
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Excellent, how long you think to get to you? Next weekend?
Yup thinking that is my next weekend project. Hopefully by then I would've gotten my sinks and thermal pads as well.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 01:37 PM   #4955
acroig
Troll Mod

Folding@home

Quote:
Yup thinking that is my next weekend project. Hopefully by then I would've gotten my sinks and thermal pads as well.
Can't wait, make sure you take lots of pics of teardown and assembly.

yoz
Old Feb 26, 2021, 02:47 PM   #4956
acroig
Troll Mod

yoz
Old Feb 26, 2021, 07:05 PM   #4957
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Now that's some good news for a change!
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2021, 08:10 PM   #4958
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Absolutely.
Sell him your 3070 at a good price.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 03:38 PM   #4959
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
I've seen a bios update for my mobo to enable resizable bar but will it work on a Zen 2 3800X or is it Zen 3 only.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 08:05 PM   #4960
acroig
Troll Mod

yoz
Old Mar 3, 2021, 09:21 PM   #4961
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Soooo 3090...verdict? I may have an opportunity to buy one but I’d build a whole new system to go with it if I did. Size is concerning to me (that’s what she said). Afraid it will be too big to fit in a small’ish case.

Hey acroig... your name is bold...

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 07:04 AM   #4962
acroig
Troll Mod

My name's up there in lights!

yoz
Old Mar 4, 2021, 07:07 AM   #4963
KAC
Dirty humans

More gay mods?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 07:17 AM   #4964
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It's looking more likely that we won't see any new cards this year, so I would buy the 3090.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:00 AM   #4965
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
More gay mods?
Very much so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
It's looking more likely that we won't see any new cards this year, so I would buy the 3090.
Agreed.

yoz
Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:24 AM   #4966
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I guess that graphics war between AMD and Nvidia never materialized as I'd hoped.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:30 AM   #4967
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I guess that graphics war between AMD and Nvidia never materialized as I'd hoped.
Yeah, more like a lack of stock war....

yoz
Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:38 AM   #4968
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
More gay mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Hrmmmm... what about the size? What’s the smallest case I can fit the thing into without worrying about thermal issues?

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:40 AM   #4969
KAC
Dirty humans

A 3090 requires a mid tower unless you want an oven all year round that probably throttles like mad.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:53 AM   #4970
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Soooo 3090...verdict? I may have an opportunity to buy one but I’d build a whole new system to go with it if I did. Size is concerning to me (that’s what she said). Afraid it will be too big to fit in a small’ish case.

Hey acroig... your name is bold...
Grab it now. You might not be able to get a newer video card for a couple years.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:54 AM   #4971
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Grab it now. You might not be able to get a newer video card for a couple years.
Ya, rly. Sad state of affairs on both sides.

yoz
Old Mar 4, 2021, 09:19 AM   #4972
KAC
Dirty humans

Nab a card pronto. These shite are selling like hot cakes. Average price of 3060 is about 850, 3070 here is now 1500, 3080 is about 2350 and 3090 is north of 3150 boners.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 01:59 PM   #4973
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

or start Deus Ex (the original), Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, a touch of Tex Murphy thrown in, maybe Witcher series, and by the time you're done we'll have 3080Ti post COVID Edition

Seriously. I almost finished Cyberpunk on an i7 920, spinning rust (cached by Primocache), on a 670 4GB card on a 1920x1200 IPS and some clever use of the DRS that's in. yeah, the 4K OLED RTX experience I finished the last part with looked and ran better, but there's some charm to pushing an old rig. The whole PC gaming scene is so low key now anyway might as well enjoy that backlog.

hm...never did try Cities XL.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 03:05 PM   #4974
Cyko
Your New Lord

Quote:
A 3090 requires a mid tower unless you want an oven all year round that probably throttles like mad.
Hrrrrmmmm

Was hoping for something smaller, but if that’s the lowest I can safely go that’s ok. Now I gotta research mid-tower cases.

Alpha

Omega

Old Mar 4, 2021, 03:44 PM   #4975
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Hrrrrmmmm

Was hoping for something smaller, but if that’s the lowest I can safely go that’s ok. Now I gotta research mid-tower cases.
If you can find one of the elusive blower cooler versions you may be OK putting it in a small form factor case.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...rtx-3090.b8372
https://www.exxactcorp.com/GIGABYTE-...4GD-E192120775

They are becoming increasingly hard to find though because Nvidia got wind that OEM's were putting them in 1U servers instead of the more expensive Quadro RTX cards.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 04:42 PM   #4976
acroig
Troll Mod

yoz
Old Mar 4, 2021, 06:06 PM   #4977
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

The market for these cards are insane, now 2k for a 3080 is very possible on flebay for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra. And I drew the line at below 1K last year. At least I was able to score just a month after release at that price point.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 06:18 PM   #4978
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
The market for these cards are insane, now 2k for a 3080 is very possible on flebay for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra. And I drew the line at below 1K last year. At least I was able to score just a month after release at that price point.
Still glad I needed a whole new build at the time. Was able to get the whole pc with the 3080 right away for I think under $1800. Well right around 2k after swapping the ram.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:05 PM   #4979
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Man I'm glad I was able to get a 3080 at the time I did, even though I paid a little scalp for it. Makes the price I paid look like a bargain now, especially with zero availability.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 08:48 PM   #4980
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Man I'm glad I was able to get a 3080 at the time I did.
I say that to myself everyday when I logon and read about how this fiasco persists.

I paid $700 + tax/shipping for my RTX 3080 back in October. That's unthinkable now.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote