Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury and Rage MAXX.

Old Jul 18, 2000, 11:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Super Mario

Question

Has anyone here had a problem where the fmv's sound doesn't match the fmv's speed?
I read somewhere before that if u have Dx7 u could go disable agp in dxdiag. I did and the movies worked fine...BUT the game load times were horribly slow (the place I got it from told me about that too) I've tried all the *Official* ATI drivers (Not rageltman's)
And all of them are the same!

Oh and my ATI card is the ATI [email protected] 4MB AGP TV-OUT

MY Comp Specs (As of now)

- Pentium II 300Mhz (NOT CELERON)
- ASUS P2L97
- 64MB RAM
- 6.4GB HDD
- SBLIVE! VALUE
- CREATIVE 52X
- STB VOODOO 2 12MB (YEAH I KNOW)
- ATI...well u know
- USR 56K X2/V.90 V/F/D
- WIN98
- DX7.0a

Oh and by the way, does anyone know which cd-rom drive doesn't make loud sounds (spinning, sounds like wind, waves etc.) I hate my spinups and downs from my cd-rom drives. My creative 52X is like any of the 32X or higher ones i've had before...

Well...thats it.

Old Jul 19, 2000, 12:40 AM   #2
Luigi

Well bro, I've heard of this happening before and I think it's one of those probs with that just comes with having the wonderful driver support from ATI (NOT!) for the Pro.
Old Jul 19, 2000, 12:43 AM   #3
Princess Toadstool

Boys, I think I would rather have faster load times and just deal with the sound being off during the movies. Plus I already played this on playstation over 2 years ago.

Peach
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 19, 2000, 12:53 AM   #4
Bowser

Bwah hah HAH hah HAH!!!!!
Old Jul 19, 2000, 12:59 AM   #5
Super Mario

Question

I guess....I've beaten that game years ago...I've even beaten ff8pc too a while ago....just wanted to know if people are having the same probs
Old Jul 19, 2000, 04:01 AM   #6
Toad

Actually, it's just a general thing that happens to most (if not all) Rage Pro users. The best thing to do is run Hardware at Quarter Screen, that works.

[i'm actually registered, but i just had to do this.]

=)
Old Jul 19, 2000, 07:26 PM   #7
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Use any driver which requires directx7. this includes RageLTmans and the special purpose drivers from ATI. only these drivers make the movies run like they should. of course there is the annoying problem with the directx7 drivers that make FF7 FREEZE after awhile.
Any other driver will have the movies chugging so slowly with the sound running normally. At least those ones dont freeze the game.
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote