Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:35 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ryan3dFan
Radeon R420

Ryan3dFan is still being judged by the masses

Default Battlefield 2142 System Requirements?

I've been out of the PC game loop for a couple months. With the fileplanet release of the playable beta coming up in a week or so I'm wondering what the system requirements for this game are. I couldn't locate any information. I just built a PC in March/April and I can already tell this is going to put some stress on my machine.
Ryan3dFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:39 AM   #2
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

probably the same as battlefield 2 or just a bit higher. it seems to be the general consensus that they can't have built a new engine so quickly, so odds are its an updated battlefield 2 engine.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:41 AM   #3
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

In order to install and play Battlefield 2142, your system must meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements.

Operating system: Windows XP with latest service pack installed
DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: 128Mb DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above.
Hard Drive space: 1.8Gb of space is required to install the game
Internet connection: 128kbit Cable/DSL connection

In order to play the game at the recommended resolution, detail and performance levels, your computer should match or exceed the following specifications:

Operating system: Windows XP with latest service pack installed
DirectX 9.0c February 2006 edition (included)
CPU: 3.0 Ghz
RAM: 1.5 Gb
Video Card: 256Mb DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above.
Hard Drive space: 1.8Gb of space is required to install the game
Internet connection: 512Mb Cable/DSL connection

from the beta readme http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=50
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:33 AM   #4
Oui
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Oui is still being judged by the masses

Relax fellas. Same engine as BF 2. The only thing they changed were the models and the textures.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:31 AM   #5
5150 Joker
Radeon Southern Islands

5150 Joker is still being judged by the masses

When's the demo due out?

Desktop: Corsair C70 Vengeance | ASUS Maximus V Formula | Intel [email protected] GHz | EVGA SC Geforce GTX TITAN SLI | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 MHz | Corsair H100i | Corsair AX1200i PSU | Samsung PM 840 500 GB + 1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM | CM Storm Cherry MX Blue |
Display:LG 27EA83-D (LOVE IT!)
5150 Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:20 AM   #6
Sh4nn0w
Radeon R100

Sh4nn0w is still being judged by the masses

Found this earlier; latest release date i've seen was 24th Nov 2006:

Quote:
According to a DICE representative contacted by community site bf2142.com, who said: "We are going to throw out an open beta in the beginning of August. The beta is predominantly to learn about large scale issues, i.e. when we have [tens of thousands] of people playing at the same time, eliminating some of the problems we have encountered after launch previously in the franchise. Keep your eyes open to join."

A playable demo is promised, too: "The demo for BF2 went out about 10 days before launch if I remember correctly. I am sure something similar will be the deal for 2142," the representative said.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 ¦ 4GB Patriot PC2-6400 ¦ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R ¦ BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 512MB ¦2x Western Digital Caviar WD5000AAKS 500GB ¦ Pioneer DVR-109 DVD±RW ¦ Antec P160 ¦ Seasonic S12 430W ¦ Samsung SM-226BW Intel Pentium M 735 1.7GHz ¦ 1 GB SAMSUNG PC-2700 ¦ 40GB HDD
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 ¦ 2GB Kingston PC2-6400 ¦ Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R ¦ 2x Western Digital Caviar WD5000AAKS 500GB ¦ 4x Western Digital GP WD10EACS 1TB ¦ Cooler Master Centurion 590 ¦ Seasonic M12 600W
Sh4nn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:24 AM   #7
5150 Joker
Radeon Southern Islands

5150 Joker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4nn0w View Post
Found this earlier; latest release date i've seen was 24th Nov 2006:

Hmm so shouldn't we have an open beta by now?

Desktop: Corsair C70 Vengeance | ASUS Maximus V Formula | Intel [email protected] GHz | EVGA SC Geforce GTX TITAN SLI | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 MHz | Corsair H100i | Corsair AX1200i PSU | Samsung PM 840 500 GB + 1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM | CM Storm Cherry MX Blue |
Display:LG 27EA83-D (LOVE IT!)
5150 Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:55 AM   #8
Sh4nn0w
Radeon R100

Looks like they're slacking; no date as of yet, but on fileplanet there is now a subscriber only beta page, no date yet though. Usually they open the beta up to others after the first week or so. (hopefully)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 ¦ 4GB Patriot PC2-6400 ¦ Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R ¦ BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 512MB ¦2x Western Digital Caviar WD5000AAKS 500GB ¦ Pioneer DVR-109 DVD±RW ¦ Antec P160 ¦ Seasonic S12 430W ¦ Samsung SM-226BW Intel Pentium M 735 1.7GHz ¦ 1 GB SAMSUNG PC-2700 ¦ 40GB HDD
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 ¦ 2GB Kingston PC2-6400 ¦ Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R ¦ 2x Western Digital Caviar WD5000AAKS 500GB ¦ 4x Western Digital GP WD10EACS 1TB ¦ Cooler Master Centurion 590 ¦ Seasonic M12 600W
Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:35 AM   #9
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

See, it has its advantages of being a subscriber with FP.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 09:41 AM   #10
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
See, it has its advantages of being a subscriber with FP.
It sure does, it means you are paying to beta test a peice of software for us.

Thanks.

Maybe you could pay me to come round and wash my car for me ? I will start a web page where you can join and use the latest soap on my wheels (of cource you pay for it all).

Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:00 AM   #11
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

i'd say 2 gigs of ram for any DICE game.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:04 PM   #12
mavman
True North

mavman is still being judged by the masses

For BF2, the time from clicking on my desktop icon, to actually spawning in-game is close to 10 minutes...and I have a fast rig and connection.

This is horrid and really puts me off the game.
mavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:17 PM   #13
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oui View Post
Relax fellas. Same engine as BF 2. The only thing they changed were the models and the textures.
Not true.

From PC Gamer Issue 148:
Quote:
" ... but is being taken to a whole new setting with completely new weapons, vehicles, and maps, plus various physics and visual enhancements."

"During my demo, I saw a heavyily armed Hunter-Killer gunship pursuing a pair of transport dropships over some buildings, blowing one out of the sky in a spectacular fireball (the explosion effects have been ramped up since BF 2) ... "
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:37 PM   #14
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Not true.

From PC Gamer Issue 148:
So same engine, some slightly new effects..what's your point?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:24 PM   #15
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

It depends on what they have tweaked out. Go play HL2 and the DOD:S, DOD:S will give you more issues. So it can go either way, it can be more demanding or it can be better seeing that they are able to optimize the engine better.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:50 PM   #16
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRoxen View Post
So same engine, some slightly new effects..what's your point?
New visual effects + physics = More demanding game

Do the math and you'll see.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:10 PM   #17
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
New visual effects + physics = More demanding game

Do the math and you'll see.
I doubt it's much more demanding. Seeing as those are the exact same requirements as vanilla bf2. (except a slightly larger harddrive requirement) Slightly new visual effects + different physic settigns (same physics engine) = the same requirements.

Last edited by Roxen : Aug 17, 2006 at 04:22 PM.
Roxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:22 PM   #18
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
You seem to have missed my point.
The poster I originally quoted said it was the same exact engine, only with new textures and models. This isn't true.. it's not the identical engine BF 2, because there have been a few changes and additions made to it.

Think BF 1942 compared to BF Vietnam.

I believe I read somewhere that the lighting has also improved, although I can't say I'm positive.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:23 PM   #19
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Quote:
The poster I originally quoted said it was the same exact engine, only with new textures and models. This isn't true.. it's not the identical engine BF 2, because there have been a few changes and additions made to it. I believe I read somewhere that the lighting has also improved, although I can't say I'm positive.
Ah, just as I finished my edit. And yes that isn't true, I wasn't saying it was. But it's still the bf2 engine with tweaked physics variables and some new effects.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:25 PM   #20
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Ah, just as I finished my edit. And yes that isn't true, I wasn't saying it was. But it's still the bf2 engine with tweaked physics variables and some new effects.
Yeah that's true, but I think the MAIN point I was trying to reach was that you can't say this game will perform the same as Battlefield 2 did.. which is basically what Oui was trying to imply from the post I quoted.

That's not true and is misleading to the original poster.

/ranting and raving
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:44 AM   #21
Sh4nn0w
Radeon R100

You can sign up for the beta now if your a subscriber...

Actually just spotted this:
Quote:
Question: What are my chances at getting into the beta?
Answer: FilePlanet is screening all users registering for the beta. Keys for the first round of the beta are VERY limited and only a few people will be able to play in the first phase. Those keys are on a first come, first served basis.

The next phase will start during the third week of August. At that time if you are on the waiting list, you will be able to retrieve a key. If your information has been collected, we will be contacting you during the third week of August to get a key.

Question: I subscribed but didn’t get into the beta. Why not?
Answer: Subscribers still go first! If you did not get your key on the first round you can still get a key in the second round as long as keys remain. So keep an eye on your email.

Please remember quantities of keys are limited. Subscribing does not guarantee a key if keys run out.

Last edited by Sh4nn0w : Aug 18, 2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:28 AM   #22
mavman
True North

mavman is still being judged by the masses

hahah, so I have to pay Fileplanet for MAYBE doing Beta testing for them !

I mean, seriously, why are they not paying ME for MY TIME?
mavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:05 PM   #23
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavman View Post
hahah, so I have to pay Fileplanet for MAYBE doing Beta testing for them !

I mean, seriously, why are they not paying ME for MY TIME?
Sigh... Ok, the reason why people pay for fileplanet is because of the faster DL speeds and no lineups waiting to download stuff. This whole beta thing is an added bonus for people who are already subscribers. And yes, they use it as a tool to get more subscribers... But this is not the reason, well for me that is, why so many people become subscribers. I dont appreciate lengthy lineups and then to find out that im only downloading such a low speed.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 01:11 PM   #24
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

wow keys are limited yet they give away 200 on PBF to anyone.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 02:10 PM   #25
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
wow keys are limited yet they give away 200 on PBF to anyone.
Actually thats 500.

Or 300 now, the first 200 was given away in the middle of the night for me since I'm not so lucky I'm American.

DAMN YOU GOD FOR CREATING TIMEZONES!!!!!
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote