Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 6, 2015, 07:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Everspace - A rogue-like 3D space shooter with non-linear storytelling

kickstarter page

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ames/everspace

looks pretty glorious, I'd buy this when it hit steam at reasonable price
Old Aug 6, 2015, 07:34 PM   #2
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Looks pretty cool, I'll keep my eye out.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:18 PM   #3
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

How exactly does Rogue-like gameplay and persistent progression work, I thought Rogue-like = one life you die you restart with an emphasis on dying a lot, and persistent progression is kind of the opposite no?
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:45 PM   #4
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
How exactly does Rogue-like gameplay and persistent progression work, I thought Rogue-like = one life you die you restart with an emphasis on dying a lot, and persistent progression is kind of the opposite no?
You're not supposed to actually think about what they say...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2015, 01:58 AM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

reminds me a lot of Star Conflict which is good and bad at the same time -.-

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:14 AM   #6
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
Sounds like a Rogue Lite.
Which has some degree of persistance, like Rogue Legacy for example.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:33 AM   #7
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

This looks fantastic. I'm loving all these new space games coming out!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:21 AM   #8
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

this maybe late but the game has popped out on steam store page

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/
Old Aug 27, 2016, 06:44 PM   #9
wizardeiges
Radeon R100

wizardeiges is still being judged by the masses

Holy hell this game looks great! I haven't even heard about it until now. I'll be keeping tabs on it,thanks for posting about it.
It's like gradius and no mans sky had a baby.
wizardeiges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2016, 05:06 PM   #10
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

yeah, it looks really good. Decided to go ahead and pre-order from their official website, which also gives me early access through GoG. I know, I am taking a risk, but I am sucker for space shooter games.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2016, 08:43 PM   #11
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Played it for a little bit today. Loving it so far. Controls work really well, and the game is actually hard. The art/graphics are spectacular.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:43 PM   #12
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

It's still in early access?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:48 PM   #13
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Tried it, not for me.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 03:39 AM   #14
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

pretty cool game, however it's best to treat the game as an arcade shooter game with spaceship skin, it's quite far from something even like freelancer... it has 6 dof movement though which is cool and something many older space sims lacked.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 08:05 AM   #15
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Isnt it a 3d action version of ftl?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 08:48 AM   #16
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Looks like a pure arcade shooter.

Is there any sim'ness at all? Do you have slow precision flying like docking, picking up items, challenging landings, etc?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:16 AM   #17
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Looks like a pure arcade shooter.

Is there any sim'ness at all? Do you have slow precision flying like docking, picking up items, challenging landings, etc?
It's not a sim, it's a rogue like.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 02:30 PM   #18
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

watched some real footage, it's very similar to Star Conflict, for those who actually have played it

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 02:32 PM   #19
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

started last night. Really neat so far, but didnt get much time to put in. looking forward to this evenings session. I like the look and feel of this game.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 02:37 PM   #20
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Played it for a little bit today. Loving it so far. Controls work really well, and the game is actually hard. The art/graphics are spectacular.
Is there a demo for this?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 03:05 PM   #21
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Is there a demo for this?
you have 2 hours
Old Sep 15, 2016, 03:40 PM   #22
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
you have 2 hours

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 03:55 PM   #23
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

nope, too bad

i think this would be badass in VR!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 08:30 PM   #24
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

this is really tough! it takes a while to get some upgrades to just survive. and not being able to scan, lack of materials. man, difficult! i put in 2 hrs
Old Sep 20, 2016, 02:30 AM   #25
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Seems like this game has simple VR implementation, hope they build on it then Ill definantly get it

Right now you can start it in VR but no menus or hud work so its unplayable

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2016, 08:52 AM   #26
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
It's not a sim, it's a rogue like.
What the heck does that even mean? A space shooter that has rpg elements?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 09:11 AM   #27
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
What the heck does that even mean? A space shooter that has rpg elements?
More like faster than light. So starting a new game plus you get more gear and money and can (in future updates) buy better ships. I also think there is some skill system or something too
Old Sep 28, 2016, 04:53 PM   #28
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Giant Bomb did a preview video for this.

As is typical for GB, the guy playing (Vinny) is pretty terrible at the game, but you can still get a decent idea of it's structure.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfi...16/2300-11590/

It looks really damn good, but it's a still little bit too unfinished for me to buy in. I'm sure I would burn out on the game well before their targeted date for v1.0 and be left with an underwhelming opinion of it as a result.

Hopefully House of the Dying Sun hits v1.0 soon and will hold me over until Everspace is "released".
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2016, 06:50 PM   #29
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
Giant Bomb did a preview video for this.

As is typical for GB, the guy playing (Vinny) is pretty terrible at the game, but you can still get a decent idea of it's structure.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfi...16/2300-11590/

It looks really damn good, but it's a still little bit too unfinished for me to buy in. I'm sure I would burn out on the game well before their targeted date for v1.0 and be left with an underwhelming opinion of it as a result.

Hopefully House of the Dying Sun hits v1.0 soon and will hold me over until Everspace is "released".
does HotDS have trading, mining, and stuff like that? or is it more of just an on-rail tactical shooter?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2016, 09:34 AM   #30
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
does HotDS have trading, mining, and stuff like that? or is it more of just an on-rail tactical shooter?
No trading or mining. It's action with a light RTS element. It's always about shooting, but you can pause the game and issue basic commands to other ships.

It also has a set campaign with hand designed missions, which is a welcome change of pace from procedural (read: randomized) games to me.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote