Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:08 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Currently saving up to get my own apartment and finally get out of the dorms, but gave what I can. Best wishes my brotha
I would hug you if I could.

Here's a virtual hug.

Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:09 AM   #122
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I would hug you if I could.

Here's a virtual hug.

"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:07 PM   #123
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Added what I could to the pot...continued prayers are a given.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:09 PM   #124
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Added what I could to the pot...continued prayers are a given.

You guys are seriously making me cry. In a good way.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:41 PM   #125
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

You guys are seriously making me cry. In a good way.
I'll have another contribution this Friday for you.

EDIT: Donated, more next month.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Jan 21, 2019 at 12:46 PM.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:58 PM   #126
huskylord
Individual 2

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

A bit from me too.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 01:32 PM   #127
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

wow you guys are awesome
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 21, 2019, 02:08 PM   #128
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
wow you guys are awesome
We all are, we're Rage!

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2019, 02:13 PM   #129
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
wow you guys are awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
We all are, we're Rage!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 02:21 PM   #130
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

How's your son doing today, Munkus?
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 02:37 PM   #131
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
How's your son doing today, Munkus?
Pretty good, actually. Tired of course. Stir-crazy from sitting in the bed all day. One more day to go and then he can come home for 3 weeks. Then it's back for round 2.

BTW GOOD NEWS! We spoke with the oncologist today and she said my son's cancer markers dropped down to normal shortly after they removed the affected testicle. That means the enlarged lymph node will not need to be removed as originally feared. He still needs to complete the chemo protocol, but there's no longer any concern about cancer in the lymph node. Which is good, considering that the surgery to remove the node is considered very risky and experimental. Basically that cluster of nodes wraps around the femoral artery and a huge nerve cluster. So glad we don't have to worry about getting that done.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 02:42 PM   #132
huskylord
Individual 2

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Please tell you son to take the laptop off of his nutsack.
Something could happen.......
Old Jan 21, 2019, 03:28 PM   #133
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Pretty good, actually. Tired of course. Stir-crazy from sitting in the bed all day. One more day to go and then he can come home for 3 weeks. Then it's back for round 2.

BTW GOOD NEWS! We spoke with the oncologist today and she said my son's cancer markers dropped down to normal shortly after they removed the affected testicle. That means the enlarged lymph node will not need to be removed as originally feared. He still needs to complete the chemo protocol, but there's no longer any concern about cancer in the lymph node. Which is good, considering that the surgery to remove the node is considered very risky and experimental. Basically that cluster of nodes wraps around the femoral artery and a huge nerve cluster. So glad we don't have to worry about getting that done.
Excellent news indeed! Does that put the cancer in Stage IA or IB then?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 03:55 PM   #134
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Excellent news indeed! Does that put the cancer in Stage IA or IB then?
Good question. I think they only stage it during the initial diagnosis. It was 2b:
"Tumors at this stage have spread to at least one lymph node, which is between 2 cm and 5 cm in size." The node was 3cm at the time it was diagnosed. He gets another CT next week so we'll see if/how much it's shrunk.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 04:05 PM   #135
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I submitted a donation Munkus. I really wish I could give more but alas, I am poor.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 04:20 PM   #136
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I submitted a donation Munkus. I really wish I could give more but alas, I am poor.
Likewise. With the amount i spend on bullcrap, hard to not justify. I hope it goes through, never used gofundme before.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2019, 04:37 PM   #137
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Quote:
Good question. I think they only stage it during the initial diagnosis. It was 2b:
"Tumors at this stage have spread to at least one lymph node, which is between 2 cm and 5 cm in size." The node was 3cm at the time it was diagnosed. He gets another CT next week so we'll see if/how much it's shrunk.
I am a bit confused. Is there cancer in the lymph node, or was that possibility ruled out by the reduction in the cancer markers?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 05:16 PM   #138
Nunz
RIP Roxen

The cancer can spread to lymph node. In Munkus Jr case, the cancer had swelled the lymph node, which is common, but does not appear the cancer has spread to the lymph node as it’s returned to normal since the removal of the cancerous tumor dropped his cancer levels to normal.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:02 AM   #139
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I see that both Nunz & Acroig beat me. Bastads.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2019, 07:45 AM   #140
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
The cancer can spread to lymph node. In Munkus Jr case, the cancer had swelled the lymph node, which is common, but does not appear the cancer has spread to the lymph node as it’s returned to normal since the removal of the cancerous tumor dropped his cancer levels to normal.
Yep. The lymph node was swollen due to testicular tumor and the cancer cells it was sending out, but the node did not have cancer itself. There are still cancer cells roaming about but the chemo should knock those out. After these 3 rounds, he'll be monitored closely for the next 5 years.

Round 1 is over today. He's coming home late tonight. My wife went to pick up his prescriptions, which of course our insurance won't cover because they were prescribed by the oncologist, and she just about flipped when she saw the price of the anti-nausea drug. $400! The pharmacist recommended we go to Wal-Mart because it's cheaper there.

On the financial front, we don't qualify for financial aid from the hospital, but the lady we worked with is going to take our case to the board. I also have calls out to the American Cancer Society and others. This is exhausting.

Last edited by Munkus : Jan 22, 2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:15 AM   #141
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I see that both Nunz & Acroig beat me. Bastads.

Bumping the link in case anyone else feels moved to help but doesn't want to dig through the thread to find it.

https://www.gofundme.com/kp9bw-help-brendan-beat-cancer
Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:39 AM   #142
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

Bumping the link in case anyone else feels moved to help but doesn't want to dig through the thread to find it.

I asked Lupine to pin this, maybe ask Kombi as well?

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:39 AM   #143
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
On the financial front, we don't qualify for financial aid from the hospital, but the lady we worked with is going to take our case to the board. I also have calls out to the American Cancer Society and others. This is exhausting.
Hang in there!

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:45 AM   #144
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I asked Lupine to pin this, maybe ask Kombi as well?
Absolutely. Thank you.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:52 AM   #145
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

Put the gofundme link right in the original post for any newcomers.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:53 AM   #146
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Put the gofundme link right in the original post for any newcomers.
Brilliant! Done.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:31 AM   #147
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Contributed to the Healthy Nuts Fund.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:51 AM   #148
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
Contributed to the Healthy Nuts Fund.
Thank you!

Seriously guys...check them acorns at least once per month.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:56 PM   #149
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

@Kain, I tried sending a private mail but your inbox is full
Thank you for your kindness and generosity, Kain. Much appreciated. Same goes to everyone else who has helped my family during this difficult time. Honestly, I think Ragers account for the majority of donations so far. You guys are amazing!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:59 PM   #150
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Holy **** Kain you’re a legend!!