Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 4, 2017, 06:34 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by barleystout View Post
I was left wondering why that Eppstein guy didn't build a failsafe to stop his new drive if it ran off on him.
The only thing that didn't work was the voice command control.

I'm loving this show and love Frankie (Martian Marine Sgt. Draper) Adams' hot Samoan bod.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 08:26 PM   #92
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

M
C
R
N T-shirts: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/38...n=mcrn-uniform

I was knocking around the show's website, and there's actually a farewell video to Thomas Jane and his character Joe Miller, but at the very end it says, "We'll see what happens." Soooo . . .

Last edited by JZL : Mar 12, 2017 at 08:33 PM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:56 AM   #93
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That latino young guy is such despicable traitor, he betrayed miller in essence.

Latest episode is also not so good, the lack of progresses on earth mars situation is downright major let down...

Overall the series lacks strong characters, lacks believable character manners... Like that OPA leader so carelessly let his command center being invaded by a bunch of braindead thugs after seeing how that white guy blatantly undermined his leadership before hie eyes and stole his secrets.

By white guy I'm not being racist, I just don't remember his name, that's how forgettable the characters are...

Also in the latest episode the new asian guy didn't even react from seeing his supposedly friend being spaced? Only for later being so pussy on reporting it on tycho, then he just seem to forget all that after meeting holden and co... Wtf.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 18, 2017, 01:18 PM   #94
JZL
Starship Trooper

Well, remember that to a degree Miller was viewed by the OPA as an outsider because of his Star Helix job.

The OPA dude opposed to Fred Johnson is Anderson Dawes. I agree the OPA dudes got into the Tycho command center too easily; Johnson's security gal seemed more competent than that, unless she was in on it, and only shot the other two dudes in the head to keep them quiet.

I also thought the azn dude did react to his friend being spaced, and I'm also surprised they didn't just space him too since he was then a witness, and I agree he didn't push it at all with the Rocinante crew. I liked how they zoomed in on her floating free in space, gasping for a breath-- but no decompression effects?

I was also a bit surprised thee wsa no Earth-Mars stuff this time, but it looks like Lt. Draper and Chrisjen are going to meet up next time. That should be good.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:12 PM   #95
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This show continues to get better and better... Really enjoying this season as the twists keep coming.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2017, 02:15 AM   #96
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How did the roci slingshot over a dozen of moons and planets in like 10 minutes? And how did it just conveniently show up on a supposedly under heavy surveillance ganymede station in the middle of sector wide no fly zone nonetheless?

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk
Old Apr 8, 2017, 09:59 AM   #97
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
How did the roci slingshot over a dozen of moons and planets in like 10 minutes? And how did it just conveniently show up on a supposedly under heavy surveillance ganymede station in the middle of sector wide no fly zone nonetheless?

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk
Slingshot was using Jupiter's moons. Using no engine signature is how it snuck in.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:59 AM   #98
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
How did the roci slingshot over a dozen of moons and planets in like 10 minutes?
Creative license, the physics of those maneuvers in the time context shown would subject almost any living thing to lethal levels of gravity.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:58 AM   #99
JZL
Starship Trooper

As Alex neared Jupiter and its inner moons during those parts of the maneuver, their intense gravity-wells would have slowed time for him down relative to the peeps on Ganymede, so what seemed to take a few minutes for us and those on Ganymede, actually took Alex weeks.

I read that on the back of a Quisp cereal box . . .
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:24 AM   #100
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

sadavir portrayal in the latest episode is so baffling, first he looked scared and depressed (including 'confessing' to his son and crisjen), implied that he would be crucified by the government, then it implied that he would take suicide, only that it took a u turn and he actually killed his martian collaborator and betraying mao and crisjen at the end... either he suffer from personality disorder or the writer was drunk... and how the heck did he assumed crisjen position just like that? (I am assuming undersecretary position is hold only by one person) and there was the blowing up of a black op ship with a missile in the middle of strict quarantine zone with dozens of military ships supposedly monitoring the area... logic thrown out of window it seem.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:23 PM   #101
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
sadavir portrayal in the latest episode is so baffling, first he looked scared and depressed (including 'confessing' to his son and crisjen), implied that he would be crucified by the government, then it implied that he would take suicide, only that it took a u turn and he actually killed his martian collaborator and betraying mao and crisjen at the end... either he suffer from personality disorder or the writer was drunk...
Ding, ding, ding! Yes, he's at a minimum a sociopath. It's part of how he can lie so effectively to save his own buttocks and to get what he wants. It's the scene with his son that bugs me, but maybe he knew his evil plan might not work.

Quote:
and how the heck did he assumed crisjen position just like that? (I am assuming undersecretary position is hold only by one person)
He's already Crisjen's boss; he didn't take any position.

Quote:
and there was the blowing up of a black op ship with a missile in the middle of strict quarantine zone with dozens of military ships supposedly monitoring the area... logic thrown out of window it seem.
There were Earth and Mars warships facing off all around Ganymede. How Earth attacking a Mars warship didn't trigger Solar-System-War-I I'm not sure. Possibly because one of the head Mars dudes was lying dead in Sadivar's office, the Martian high command may've been leaderless and was almost surely caught off-guard.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:28 PM   #102
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

Quote:
sadavir portrayal in the latest episode is so baffling, first he looked scared and depressed (including 'confessing' to his son and crisjen), implied that he would be crucified by the government, then it implied that he would take suicide, only that it took a u turn and he actually killed his martian collaborator and betraying mao and crisjen at the end... either he suffer from personality disorder or the writer was drunk... and how the heck did he assumed crisjen position just like that? (I am assuming undersecretary position is hold only by one person) and there was the blowing up of a black op ship with a missile in the middle of strict quarantine zone with dozens of military ships supposedly monitoring the area... logic thrown out of window it seem.
That did seem disjointed. But, the scenes around the Ganymede evacuation were heroic.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:42 PM   #103
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

What the heck happened to the research vessel on venus? I mean I saw what happened but struggling to understand it, the protomolecule 'disintegrated' the ship but somehow the crew alive?

And waiting for next year sucks...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:51 AM   #104
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The way I understand it the protomolecule selectively dismantles the ship and preserves the humans. A form of assimilation. I was not expecting that visual at all it kinda blew my mind.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 09:34 AM   #105
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
The way I understand it the protomolecule selectively dismantles the ship and preserves the humans. A form of assimilation. I was not expecting that visual at all it kinda blew my mind.
Yeah, that bit was cool. Was a pretty good ending to this part of the season, overall.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:12 PM   #106
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
And waiting for next year sucks...
Aaaaarg, I know. This is one of my favorite TV shows ever. At least it's definitely already renewed.
I guess I'll read the books if nothing else to stave off the withdrawals.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:19 AM   #107
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Aaaaarg, I know. This is one of my favorite TV shows ever. At least it's definitely already renewed.
I guess I'll read the books if nothing else to stave off the withdrawals.
New book in the series coming out toward the end of the year - I've had it on pre-order for awhile.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 01:53 PM   #108
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone View Post
New book in the series coming out toward the end of the year - I've had it on pre-order for awhile.
I thought about reading the books during the hiatus but from what I understand the show isn't all the way through the second book yet. I don't know that I want to get ahead of the show, so maybe I'll get the first one.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:45 AM   #109
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

I'm halfway through the second book in the series, and am enjoying them quite a bit. The show doesn't necessarily follow the same timeline as the books, so I'm always surprised to see where they take things in the show, or the few times I was behind in the books, finding out when things are supposed to happen.
Glad it got renewed for the third season.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:23 AM   #110
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I love this show.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2017, 08:20 PM   #111
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Damn good show, second season held up strong. At first I did not like Bobbie Draper but they even made her a great character. Sadavir Errinwright is amazingly on point as a goodie/baddie. Hell I can't find many bad characters across the board. Looking forward to S3.

S3 def needs more Drummer.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2017, 09:39 PM   #112
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Holden and Naomi are bland and unconvincing IMO, one of the worst lead pair from any tv shows (mostly scifi ones) I've watched.

They are easily on the level of janeway-chakotay pair, if not worse.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:32 PM   #113
Skynet
Banned

I like them, I like all of the characters really the writer didn't try to make them exceptional or grand or overtly evil just because they need villains.

Doesn't look like Miller is coming back, unless that is a season 3 surprise.
Old May 3, 2017, 01:31 PM   #114
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Damn good show, second season held up strong. At first I did not like Bobbie Draper but they even made her a great character. Sadavir Errinwright is amazingly on point as a goodie/baddie. Hell I can't find many bad characters across the board. Looking forward to S3.

yoz
Old May 4, 2017, 12:27 PM   #115
howard stern
Radeon Northern Islands

howard stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhoward stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Best sci-fi show since Firefly, I just started watching it from the beginning with my son he is now hooked.
howard stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2017, 12:32 PM   #116
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard stern View Post
Best sci-fi show since Firefly, I just started watching it from the beginning with my son he is now hooked.
Excellent binge show.

yoz
Old Feb 23, 2018, 07:01 PM   #117
JZL
Starship Trooper

YAAAAAYY!! Returning April 11th! And now . . . this:

Old Mar 15, 2018, 07:01 PM   #118
JZL
Starship Trooper

Full trailer, much better . . .
Old Mar 16, 2018, 04:10 AM   #119
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

fk yeah, can't wait for more Drummer. Also Cotyar is so likeable.

i wish I read the books but I like not knowing whats happening.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2018, 06:39 PM   #120
JZL
Starship Trooper

Tomorrow, bishes . . .