Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:21 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
Do you have a link to that info?

The link I posted was 3 days old?
I read your article and it's a recap of info and I think they got the date wrong.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/star...17-1201998124/

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2017, 01:03 PM   #152
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

From Wikipedia:

The premiere was set for January 2017,[5] and then May 2017,[1] and has now been delayed indefinitely,[48] with CBS CEO Les Moonves saying in February, "sometime late summer, early fall we’re looking at probably right now" for the series' debut.[49]
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2017, 08:37 PM   #153
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
From Wikipedia:

The premiere was set for January 2017,[5] and then May 2017,[1] and has now been delayed indefinitely,[48] with CBS CEO Les Moonves saying in February, "sometime late summer, early fall we’re looking at probably right now" for the series' debut.[49]
Yeah, "when it's done" basically.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2017, 09:19 AM   #154
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Star Trek TNG Reboot... I would watch...
A combination between tng, ds9 and voyager, that can be the ultimate trek show.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 09:54 AM   #155
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I can't stand all these Kirk era reboots and prequels. Gimme Captain Picard Enterprise or post era, dammit.

The downhill started with "Enterprise" when they decided to **** up the timeline and make it "less trekky" to appeal to a wider audience.

Even though they were hated for Enterprise, Branna Braga/Rick Berman need to come back with a new series post Enterprise/DS9/Voyager. They and the original writers were the ones that made those series great.
Don't want B&B back, personally. Enterprise got a lot better after they were kicked to the curb. Then they came back and **** the bed with the last episodes of the series. Whatever they had, I think they lost it. I'd rather have the people involved in DS9 back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Unfortunately Voyager kindof ruins any possibility of doing a series in the future.

Honestly I thought Voyager sucked overall, so not surprising that it ruined the whole ip.
Can't disagree about that. Voyager was a very disappointing series to me. I think it actually had the potential to be really good. They just need to focus on the challenges faced by the crew being outside the Federation with no support and limited resources. Instead that quickly fell by the wayside and it ended up being a lackluster version of TNG. Also in seven seasons several of the characters weren't developed at all. It's the perfect example of a good premise that wasn't properly exploited.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2017, 08:19 PM   #156
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Looks bad

HERE BE DRAGONS VID (aka not USA)

CBS link (flash lol) http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-d...-look-trailer/

USA A-OK VID:

Last edited by nutcrackr : May 17, 2017 at 08:38 PM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2017, 08:29 PM   #157
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Had to turn the VPN on to watch that video, Eh, I will give it a chance.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2017, 09:42 PM   #158
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

That looks downright ****ing awful.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2017, 09:50 PM   #159
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Everything always looks awful to Rage3d

Screw you guys, I think it looks good.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2017, 10:10 PM   #160
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I hate to say it, but I'm looking forward to The Orville more than this right now.

I'm not paying CBS for this show twice. I already pay to get their channel on cable via that ever increasing "broadcast TV" charge.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 12:10 AM   #161
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

I hope it does well, I miss a trek tv show... unfortunately the bonehead decision about the subscription fee may kill it...

I think it looks good, different and refreshing... use the force Scotty!

V

Last edited by Vanz_007 : May 18, 2017 at 01:06 AM.
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 04:51 AM   #162
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's already hard to digest a prequel that looks 50 years more modern than the original.
Old May 18, 2017, 05:04 AM   #163
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

i've got a feeling this will fail big time for various reasons, but we'll have to wait and see, as usual

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 05:53 AM   #164
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks more like a Mass Effect Andromeda TV series to me than Star Trek?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 06:52 AM   #165
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
It's already hard to digest a prequel that looks 50 years more modern than the original.
Yeah, that seems to be one of the biggest complaints I'm seeing so far. They claim it's supposed to be based on the canon, but this looks more JJ to me.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 10:11 AM   #166
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Why didn't they get a Chinese lady who can ACTUALLY SPEAK ENGLISH???
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 01:50 PM   #167
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Yeah, that seems to be one of the biggest complaints I'm seeing so far. They claim it's supposed to be based on the canon, but this looks more JJ to me.
I don't understand this, in what way does it look more modern, the controls, equipment, the layout of the bridge, the outer ship ID/design ...etc... wtf, do you want a series that looks like crap that was imagined back in the 60's?? accckk...

the original show is hundreds of years from now, but today we look way more modern than what the original show was... who the fuk cares anyways, as long as the characters and stories are interesting I couldn't give a fuk about how "modern" the show looks...
Old May 18, 2017, 02:16 PM   #168
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Screw you guys, I think it looks good.
Do you honestly? I doubt it. The problem is it doesn't look like Star Trek, doesn't feel like Star Trek. Looks like generic sci-fi crap any 2 bit studio could churn out. If Gene Roddenberry were to see this he'd proceed to bitch slap everyone of the ****ing losers that came up with this garbage.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 02:53 PM   #169
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
Do you honestly? I doubt it. The problem is it doesn't look like Star Trek, doesn't feel like Star Trek. Looks like generic sci-fi crap any 2 bit studio could churn out. If Gene Roddenberry were to see this he'd proceed to bitch slap everyone of the ****ing losers that came up with this garbage.
,the only faith I have in this is that Nicholas Meyer is still involved and he's been part of the best in Star Trek.

yoz
Old May 18, 2017, 07:48 PM   #170
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Seth McFarlane's "The Orville" looks more like Star Trek (TNG era) than this abomination.

Captain's irritating non-understandable accent is begging for a South Park spoof as well.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017, 08:43 PM   #171
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
I honestly think it looks good, and I disagree with your analysis.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old May 19, 2017, 02:08 AM   #172
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

For something to be Trek, it has to feel Trek.

It doesn't feel Trek to me. It looks okay, and the stories might be okay, but Trek has a certain vibe to it that I'm just not getting from those trailers.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2017, 01:06 AM   #173
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

SEPTEMBER 24th is when Trek dies.

or it could be good. haha ha ha

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/06/sta...4th-september/
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2017, 01:11 AM   #174
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
SEPTEMBER 24th is when Trek dies.

or it could be good. haha ha ha

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/06/sta...4th-september/
kewl, haven't been this exited about a new tv series since game of thrones... hope its just not boring... Im currently watching start gate universe and am bored out of my mind, need new good sci-fi

star trek will never die, there will be many more remakes, just a matter of time...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 02:38 AM   #175
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
kewl, haven't been this exited about a new tv series since game of thrones... hope its just not boring... Im currently watching start gate universe and am bored out of my mind, need new good sci-fi

star trek will never die, there will be many more remakes, just a matter of time...
Have you seen The Expanse?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 04:01 AM   #176
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Why are there two women at the lead?

Are men not good enough any more?
Capt. Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2017, 04:40 AM   #177
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Picard View Post
Why are there two women at the lead?

Are men not good enough any more?
Because every other combination has already been done? So why not do something different?

STO: 2 men
TNG: 2 Men
DS9: 1 man 1 woman
Voyager: 1 man 1 woman
Enterprise: 1 man

Discovery: 2 women
Quote:
Old Jun 20, 2017, 05:55 AM   #178
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Am I the only one who wishes they'd take Star Trek 2 (WoK)'s outfits, bridge etc. style and make a series out of that era.

The whole bling bling.. no. Don't care if there are 10 women on the bridge as long as they don't try to make them annoying supergrrlpower **** and instead make them humane and prone to fail like everyone else.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2017, 01:53 AM   #179
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Have you seen The Expanse?
yes, and liked the first season quite a bit, I'm saving the second season for my xmas binge watching time...

I enjoy Trek much more than Expanse... so far...
Old Jun 21, 2017, 01:55 AM   #180
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Star Trek: Discovery is delayed yet again. A beloved Next Generation actor was reportedly offered an insulting amount of money to appear on the show. It lost a showrunner with a well-deserved fan base of his own. And CBS has made poor marketing decision after poor marketing decision. So, how screwed is this show? Short answer: Very.
older news that I found interesting, wonder who the actors involved were?

source = http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-the-****...ery-1794639961