Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Default New Games for Windows Live features coming soon

Looks interesting....

http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.p...threadid=96846

LONDON – 24 March 2009 - Windows gaming took center stage today in San Francisco at the annual Game Developers Conference, as Microsoft announced new features coming to the Games for Windows – LIVE online gaming service and community:

• Anti-piracy Solution: Zero-day piracy protection and server-side authentication help prevent game piracy before street date, and protect publishers and consumers by requiring authentication for online play

• In-game Marketplace: New Marketplace APIs let developers create unique in-game store fronts and experiences surrounding the sale of additional content, providing developers and publishers with new revenue streams, and consumers with a seamless gaming experience

• Roaming: PC gamers can now save their personal settings back to their Games for Windows – LIVE account in the cloud, providing access to their settings on any compatible and connected Windows PC

“This update and other features currently in development represent a tipping point in the evolution of Games for Windows – LIVE as a leading online PC gaming network,” said Ron Pessner, general manager of Games for Windows – LIVE. “In the coming months, we will continue to deliver on our promise to provide gamers and publishers with the industry’s best connected gaming experiences through the LIVE service.”
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:43 PM   #2
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

true to form, microsoft copies everything from a competing product and then goes on to shower itself with platitudes.

Last edited by spindoctor : Mar 24, 2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typo
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
true to form, micrsoft copies everything from a competing product and then goes on to shower itself with platitudes.

Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:44 PM   #4
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Where's the not make it crap feature?

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Where's the not make it crap feature?
Thats in the piracy edition
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Brinkman
Banned

Brinkman is still being judged by the masses

Still trailing behind Steam.

Although I would love for Steam to update their profile cloud to more games than just Left 4 Dead.
Brinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:22 PM   #7
buckshot23
Radeon Caribbean Islands

buckshot23 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman View Post
Still trailing behind Steam.

Although I would love for Steam to update their profile cloud to more games than just Left 4 Dead.
buckshot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:35 PM   #8
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Why do they care now? They were content to let PC gaming languish, despite having made "commitments" to it years previous, while Valve continued to build Steam up, and now all the sudden they're worried?

Is it really that big a deal to them if they lose the PC gaming market to Valve?
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:40 PM   #9
SteveButabi
Did you just grab my ass?

SteveButabi is still being judged by the masses

I think more are just realizing that PC gaming was never dead, just neglected.

Most didn't bother doing anything but throw the stupidest protection on games and then cry when they got lower than expected sales.

Now that valve has shown how to do something right, more want a piece of the pie.
SteveButabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:47 PM   #10
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveButabi View Post
I think more are just realizing that PC gaming was never dead, just neglected.
i'll agree that they're copying valve. however, their intentions are only to monetize the process (like they've done with xbox live) and bring microtransactions into the equation. gfwl live came up with paid dlc with it's 2nd major game within 3 months of being launched. their focus is quite different from valve, which is actually a pc gaming company and gives a **** about pc gaming.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 07:55 PM   #11
SteveButabi
Did you just grab my ass?

SteveButabi is still being judged by the masses

You are correct. They aren't on the same page. I do hate gfwl also since I find it useless and it's just a POS app.I won't buy anything from it either unless they dig their claws into something I'm a blind fan of.

Steam is still my total package of digital distribution awesomeness. (exception being GoG for classic games)
SteveButabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 06:43 AM   #12
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You do realize they're not copying Valve, but slowly porting their Xbox 360 dashboard to the PC, don't you ?

Or we're using the "every shooter after Wolfenstein3D is a clone" argument ?
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote