Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 10, 2005, 03:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
_leech_
Banned

_leech_ is still being judged by the masses

Default Non-gaming features you'd like to see this coming generation

I was just thinking of one: screenshot capturing. For example, you'd take a USB memory device (or something similar) and plug it in, you'd pause the game or access an in-system menu with an option for saving a screenshot of the paused frame. You'd have the choice of format (JPEG, BMP, whatever) and relative quality options, as well as the option to take a screenshot of exactly what you see on your TV screen or how it's rendered internally (1080p, whatever). Pick the device you'd want to save it to, and there you go, you'd then be able to easily transfer it to any PC.

Something similar was done in GT4, but it'd be cool to have it available as a system feature and make it available to every game.
_leech_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 03:34 PM   #2
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

It was a rather cool feature you could do with an Xbox Debug and the XDK - you right clicked your Xbox in Xbox Neighbourhood, capture screenshot and it automatically put the screengrab in the PC's 'My Pictures' It could do the same with movie clips as well, so much better than the Gamecube and PS2 which needed a capture PC.

It would be cool to see it in the retail consoles as well.

John

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 07:58 PM   #3
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

ragewars_sc is still being judged by the masses

I really need a blowjob from my nextgen console ))) Really.. i just want a console cheap and with good games!! I have almoust everything else i need!! I miss the feling that i had when i played Mario 64, the passion i wanted to finish Goldeneye at hardest level and pleasure and curiosity i played Ocarina of Time!!

And BTW.. you can capture pictures from games if u use tv-tuner :P Is not same thing but if you like taking pictures and not play... tv-tuner is verry good

Last edited by ragewars_sc : Jul 10, 2005 at 08:00 PM.
ragewars_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 10, 2005, 09:57 PM   #4
dsherman
Playboy

dsherman is still being judged by the masses

No more mem cards for save games or to move them to a friends console. With internet connectivity in all the new consols I would love to be able so save a game move that saved game to my online storage say XBOX live for example then just go to a friends house and pull it down with my ID. Ive heard rumors that the XBOX 360 live would be able to do something like this. I hate to have to buy a mem card just to save a game especially now withthe internet.
ATI HD 3200

Optorite 52x24x52 cd/rw drive,Optorite DD1205 12xDL DVD+-RRW
ASUS DVD for Lightscribe
Canon Du120F scanner and Canon I960 photo printer
Hanns G 19" LCD
Altec Lansing 120 speakers
dsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:06 PM   #5
Night Fisher
ERGO PROXY

Night Fisher is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsherman
No more mem cards for save games or to move them to a friends console. With internet connectivity in all the new consols I would love to be able so save a game move that saved game to my online storage say XBOX live for example then just go to a friends house and pull it down with my ID. Ive heard rumors that the XBOX 360 live would be able to do something like this. I hate to have to buy a mem card just to save a game especially now withthe internet.
This is a great IDEA!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 03:19 AM   #6
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

ragewars_sc is still being judged by the masses

Aaaaa now i remember.. i whant a thing like Super Smashbrothers had to ALL games... so i will know how manny bad buys i kiled, how manny times i died, how manny h i played.. and so on.. And i will love if my Revolutin will tell me how many h i played each game and every game :P
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:26 AM   #7
typoEDR
Radeon Caribbean Islands

typoEDR is still being judged by the masses

More support of independent programming. I would like to see a modern generation Amiga with gaming forefront, and many applications devved just for the system. The only next-gen system that is allowing this is the PS3.

I also agree with dsherman's suggestion. We could have physical copies of our saves on memory cards, but Internet saving would be very very good for when you are on the go.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:53 AM   #8
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I want to see a non-game specific party system. So you log onto xbox Live and join your friends in a sortof "virtual living room". From there you can video chat while you send files or play simple games and stuff. Then, when people wanna play a more serious game, some of them can pop the disc in and play a round or two, and return to the party.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:02 PM   #9
molton
Radeon R700

molton is still being judged by the masses

MPEG-4 video compatibility... That'll never happen though
Some of the dumbest people think they're the smartest.
molton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:57 PM   #10
WilyCoder
Banned

WilyCoder is still being judged by the masses

Auto-Fap 9000.
WilyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:08 PM   #11
radE8
Radeon Evergreen

radE8 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsherman
Curious. Do you not have an xbox? I don't use memory cards at all. Just the hard drive. And yes, there was a rumor about Live storage, but nothing has been officially mentioned about that. Anyway, xbox360 comes with a hard drive and gamecube2 comes with a flash storage area in the console. PS3 doesn't come with either right out of the box afaik. So perhaps, what you're talking about is already there, or will be fully realized (irt online storage) in this coming generation.

Oh, and the xbox360 definitely likes talking to PCs on your network so perhaps this will be a way to have further options in the storage/management category. who knows.
radE8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 07:35 PM   #12
jimjobob
Radeon Sea Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by typoEDR
More support of independent programming. I would like to see a modern generation Amiga with gaming forefront, and many applications devved just for the system. The only next-gen system that is allowing this is the PS3.

I also agree with dsherman's suggestion. We could have physical copies of our saves on memory cards, but Internet saving would be very very good for when you are on the go.
yah and they said the ps2 will be used for many other aplications besides games, that it wasnt a gaming machine at all but gaming was just one of the many types of programs that u would be running on ur ps2.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:00 PM   #13
chew
no

chew is still being judged by the masses

The 360 will double as a media centre extender, It's one of the major reasons im buying one, that and PGR3
chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:33 PM   #14
typoEDR
Radeon Caribbean Islands

typoEDR is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob
yah and they said the ps2 will be used for many other aplications besides games, that it wasnt a gaming machine at all but gaming was just one of the many types of programs that u would be running on ur ps2.
True, but the PS3 has the potential to further expand that idea.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:40 PM   #15
Bartletts
Radeon R600

Bartletts is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by radE8
Curious. Do you not have an xbox? I don't use memory cards at all. Just the hard drive. And yes, there was a rumor about Live storage, but nothing has been officially mentioned about that. Anyway, xbox360 comes with a hard drive and gamecube2 comes with a flash storage area in the console. PS3 doesn't come with either right out of the box afaik. So perhaps, what you're talking about is already there, or will be fully realized (irt online storage) in this coming generation.

Oh, and the xbox360 definitely likes talking to PCs on your network so perhaps this will be a way to have further options in the storage/management category. who knows.
Even with the xbox you still have to buy a memory card to bring a save game over to a friends house. If I'm bringing the a game like Midnight Club 3 over to a friends, and I unlocked all the cars then I would need to buy a memory card so we could use it on their xbox.
Bartletts is offline   Reply With Quote