Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 18, 2019, 07:49 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default New ride for the wifey

Picked up an Explorer Sport today. She moves pretty fast for a big girl.

Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2019, 07:57 PM   #2
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Awesome! That's a good looking car and even better in that color.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 08:12 PM   #3
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Thanks man, now I just have to get that stupid dealer sticker off the back.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 18, 2019, 09:57 PM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Looks very sharp, congrats.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 06:02 AM   #5
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

looks great. very land rovery ..
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 06:48 AM   #6
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That car is having a refresh in 4 months. Why you did that?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 08:02 AM   #7
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Usually when there is a refresh or new model coming, there are large discounts on the existing models to clear the dealership lots.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 08:14 AM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Never buy first year
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 08:33 AM   #9
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Usually when there is a refresh or new model coming, there are large discounts on the existing models to clear the dealership lots.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Never buy first year
And especially this!

Although I do really like the exterior of the 2020s, and the rear wheel drive platform. Not buying a first year ford though.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 01:56 PM   #10
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Oh ok. Congrats then. I myself got a 2016 Ford coz I got a decent discount on it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 07:44 PM   #11
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

There are worse trucks out there for sure.

Are the front side air scoops functional?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 08:12 PM   #12
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
There are worse trucks out there for sure.

Are the front side air scoops functional?
I'm pretty sure that's a negative, but I'll double check tomorrow.

Edit 2: They are functional.

Last edited by Greasy : Feb 24, 2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 08:17 PM   #13
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

I forgot to mention they tried to sell me the Ford ESP plan which I actually want with all the tech in this thing, but I knew they were going to rip me off. They quoted me 5 years 75K miles for ~$2600.

I just bought a better plan (6 years 85K miles) from Lombard Ford in CT that prides themselves for being one of the top ESP plan dealers out there for $1250. The plan includes pretty much everything including free lost key replacement as well as interior and exterior lighting. (those LEDs are expensive!)

The finance guy says, "oh if you don't buy it today it can be twice as expensive to buy later"...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 09:41 AM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Nice ride.

Wife is due next up for a car in the household. Shes leaning towards an SUV of sorts next. Thats if she can stop seeing Lexus F sports around town

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 03:28 PM   #15
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Never buy first year
Why not? Its not as if its a new model, its just a facelift.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 03:39 PM   #16
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
Why not? Its not as if its a new model, its just a facelift.
Not in this case. All new platform that includes switching to RWD, and all new drive trains.

When I bought my Tundra, it was "first year" but the drive train was exactly the same as the older generation. In those cases I don't care if it's a first year model.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:10 PM   #17
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nice ride, the wifey will absolutely love it.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer H276HL | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2019, 05:02 PM   #18
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

I was waxing it today, and noticed I was wrong about those lower front vents. They are functional. They go straight into the wheel well. Couldn't see that until I had it out in the driveway.

I drove it to the car store today to get some wax, and that ecoboost pulls without even trying. It's only got 100 miles on it, so I have yet to actually give it some hell. Merging onto the highway shouldn't be an issue anymore. RIP Honda Van.