Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 16, 2019, 09:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default Bullet Journals

Any other gays use this method for life/work organization?

A couple months ago I took on a new role as a PM for a global project and things were extremely chaotic in the beginning. My usual electronic standbys of calendars, MS To-Do, Slack, MS Team, MS OneNote, Notepad, MS Project were just making things worse and more disconnected.

I was at Indigo getting the wife a book for her birthday and saw this book called The Journal Bullet Method, flipped through the a few pages and picked it up. Took me about a week to get through the book, get supplies and figure out how I wanted to proceed. Sounds funny but this has been life changing for me. Its been about 3 years since I felt on top of things, until now just a daily juggle of meetings, deliverables, keeping wife happy and haphazardly remembering to keep my finances and health appointments in check.

Anyone else a Bujo addict?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:33 AM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Interesting. I'll need to look into this. I'm a software PM but I feel so disorganized most of the time.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2019, 07:09 PM   #3
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Hmm...bought the book and supplies off Amazon. Let’s see how it goes.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 17, 2019, 01:30 AM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Never heard of it, and it's an interesting concept. I need something to help me stay organized at work also. May get one...
Old Feb 17, 2019, 03:59 AM   #5
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Meh. I don't see it any better than affectingly using calendar , tasks and OneNote. Having the digital ability to instantly search for something is WAY more valuable IMO. Also, lose that physical book and you're totally screwed.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 09:43 AM   #6
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Thumbs up

Thanks for the post! My wife needs this, so I sent her a link and she bought it.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2019, 09:51 AM   #7
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Meh. I don't see it any better than affectingly using calendar , tasks and OneNote. Having the digital ability to instantly search for something is WAY more valuable IMO. Also, lose that physical book and you're totally screwed.
I am not going to get into the system and why it is better than the electronic spiderweb of distractions I called "organization" a few weeks ago. All I can say, from my perspective and millions of others you are wrong.

Getting away from all my screens and devices and sitting with my little notebook for just 20-30 minutes each morning has completely turned my organization and productivity around in no time. This is coming from a person thats life revolves around productivity (one of the main indicators I analyze in my job).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old Feb 17, 2019, 09:52 AM   #8
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Thanks for the post! My wife needs this, so I sent her a link and she bought it.
Nice! Curious to see what she thinks. My wife is skeptical but we will see.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:16 AM   #9
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Nice! Curious to see what she thinks. My wife is skeptical but we will see.
I'm not sure how much she'll take from it and use, but she is really struggling right now with balancing her work and non-work tasks (and focusing on the right things at the right time).

To be fair, I had the same problem many years ago. I found myself wasting hours on the internet watching useless Youtube videos or other foolishness. I started asking myself when I was doing something "Is this the most important thing you should be doing right now" and that put more focus on what I was supposed to be focused on. I now do that at work, at home or where ever to keep my focus in the right areas.

That's not to say I couldn't pick up a thing or two from the book.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2019, 04:43 PM   #10
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I forgot my journal when I gave it to a team member who never came back after the explosive project.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:18 AM   #11
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I forgot my journal when I gave it to a team member who never came back after the explosive project.
Translation = The maid discovered my journal then “disappeared”

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2019, 01:27 AM   #12
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You think too small. My bullet journal had plans for jackets.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 03:19 PM   #13
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I've only given bullet journals a cursory look in the past, but my new job has me taking a second look. I also think my high-school son, who has a terrible time tracking things, would really benefit. Thanks for the mental bump ... going to give it a whirl.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2019, 03:20 PM   #14
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

On a side note, I'm a little surprised and disappointed, this being Rage3D. Nobody has taken this topic down the acronym rabbit hole yet.

Oops.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2019, 03:51 PM   #15
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
On a side note, I'm a little surprised and disappointed, this being Rage3D. Nobody has taken this topic down the acronym rabbit hole yet.

Oops.
I think that there are laws against bullet journals in the workplace. Also, I don't get how a bullet journal is going to help your son manage his time.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 07:24 PM   #16
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Any other gays use this method for life/work organization?

A couple months ago I took on a new role as a PM for a global project and things were extremely chaotic in the beginning. My usual electronic standbys of calendars, MS To-Do, Slack, MS Team, MS OneNote, Notepad, MS Project were just making things worse and more disconnected.

I was at Indigo getting the wife a book for her birthday and saw this book called The Journal Bullet Method, flipped through the a few pages and picked it up. Took me about a week to get through the book, get supplies and figure out how I wanted to proceed. Sounds funny but this has been life changing for me. Its been about 3 years since I felt on top of things, until now just a daily juggle of meetings, deliverables, keeping wife happy and haphazardly remembering to keep my finances and health appointments in check.

Anyone else a Bujo addict?
I'm always looking for better ways to be more mindful of what I'm doing, focus less on the noise, and be more productive. Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna have to dig into this.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 07:39 PM   #17
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I think that there are laws against bullet journals in the workplace. Also, I don't get how a bullet journal is going to help your son manage his time.
I have lots of them out on the loading bench

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:15 PM   #18
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Translation = The maid discovered my journal then “disappeared”
XTRA XTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT IN the national enquirer also jeff bezos having bruce jenners baby

nothing in life is real. so, if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:05 PM   #19
KAC
KAC

You all getting your wives to learn about BJs sounds promising.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:30 PM   #20
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I have lots of them out on the loading bench

Who rammed the ball and wadding into your breech while you were finishing your bullet journal?
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 06:19 AM   #21
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

I've been doing stuff like this for years. I carry a small notebook and a pen most of the time. I find it really helps in keeping up with all tasks I have ongoing. Writing things on a paper helps me memorize them way better than making electronic notes.

I'd really like to try a writable e-ink tablet for the journal. A reMarkable would be nice to try, but it's slightly too big for my needs, and seems to be a bit expensive for what it does.