Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:56 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Jeez does he get the big ol’ cranium from you? might have to start calling him Megamind

Looks good!! Glad to see him smiling buddy. Hope he’s been adjusting and staying positive.
Megamind?

I immediately thought Mr Clean. I want to go scrub my kitchen counters with those magic sponges right now he looks so similar.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 04:33 PM   #272
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
His positive attitude is inspirational. Glad you put the GoFundMe page up. I hope my contribution helps.

SD
Thank you!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 08:39 PM   #273
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It grosses me out that money is even an issue when it comes to **** like this. Can we all do each other a favor and put politicians in place that will adopt universal healthcare? I'll glady pay more taxes to know that myself and others don't have to stress about money during the hardest moments of their life.

Keep fighting the good fight, your son looks ready to kick cancer's ass.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2019, 09:17 PM   #274
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
It grosses me out that money is even an issue when it comes to **** like this. Can we all do each other a favor and put politicians in place that will adopt universal healthcare? I'll glady pay more taxes to know that myself and others don't have to stress about money during the hardest moments of their life.

Keep fighting the good fight, your son looks ready to kick cancer's ass.
You'll have my vote if you move to my state.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 03:37 PM   #275
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Time for a buff
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 07:44 AM   #276
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

So, day one of round two is in the bag. Starting day two. He was sick as a dog yesterday. This round hit him much harder than the last one.

On the upside, the doctor said he can apply for a "Make-A-Wish". He wants to go to the Bahamas. The doc said there's a good chance he'll get the wish granted, so he's got that to look forward to.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:55 AM   #277
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
So, day one of round two is in the bag. Starting day two. He was sick as a dog yesterday. This round hit him much harder than the last one.

On the upside, the doctor said he can apply for a "Make-A-Wish". He wants to go to the Bahamas. The doc said there's a good chance he'll get the wish granted, so he's got that to look forward to.
Poor thing, hope he gets the trip.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:00 AM   #278
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Closets I got to the Bahamas was the bar in GTA and the mamas where not that hot sad to say.
Hope he gets the Trip and is feeling his best during it!! God bless this boy!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:59 AM   #279
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Ugh, that's terrible. Like Alex said, I hope he gets his trip.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:30 AM   #280
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Hopefully he gets some relief this week.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 02:09 PM   #281
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

Old Feb 12, 2019, 03:18 PM   #282
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Yeah, being sick is the worst. Especially if you are vomiting, which I assume Brendan is doing plenty of at the moment. Poor guy.

Last edited by Android1 : Feb 16, 2019 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Misspelled Brendan's name.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 05:49 PM   #283
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I sincerely hope he gets his wish. And I pray something comes through on the financial front also.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:42 PM   #284
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

So, my entrepreneurial son has decided to make T-shirts for testicular cancer survivors and sell them. The proceeds will go towards his medical bills. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed or proud.

https://www.bonfire.com/shield-charities-martins-fund
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:30 PM   #285
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
So, my entrepreneurial son has decided to make T-shirts for testicular cancer survivors and sell them. The proceeds will go towards his medical bills. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed or proud.

That is beyond awesome!
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 04:58 AM   #286
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

Told ya, Buddy, and it'll get worse. I'm so sorry he has to go through this. But i'm also sure he'll pull through. Again, sending best wishes. Stay strong.

As for the shirt, that's friggin hilarious! You should be proud of him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 08:28 AM   #287
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

ROFL! Bought.

yoz
Old Feb 13, 2019, 09:05 AM   #288
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
ROFL! Bought.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:27 AM   #289
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Ha! Hopefully he can get some of his buddies to buy them. 1 nut is more efficient.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 04:17 PM   #290
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Apparently the shirt isn't ready for public sale yet, so nobody else buy any. I jumped the gun. Need about another week. Anyone who has ordered already is fine, though. I'll post an update when its ready for prime time.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 06:22 PM   #291
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Apparently the shirt isn't ready for public sale yet, so nobody else buy any. I jumped the gun. Need about another week. Anyone who has ordered already is fine, though. I'll post an update when its ready for prime time.
So in before the lock?

yoz
Old Feb 13, 2019, 06:43 PM   #292
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
So in before the lock?
Early access.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 08:03 PM   #293
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Early access.

yoz
Old Feb 14, 2019, 03:11 PM   #294
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Munkus, how has Brendan been doing over the last couple of days? I hope that his symptoms have at least plateaued.

Also, if you are sick of being asked that question, just let me know.

Last edited by Android1 : Feb 16, 2019 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Misspelled Brendan's name.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 08:16 AM   #295
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Munkus, how has Brandan been doing over the last couple of days? I hope that his symptoms have at least plateaued.

Also, if you are sick of being asked that question, just let me know.
Hey, sorry I missed this. Brendan is soldiering on. He comes home today. Chemo week #2 is in the bag. Now 2 weeks at home, then 1 more week-long chemo stay.

He was up 7lbs due to fluid retention but his kidneys are functioning OK so the doctors weren't worried. He lost 2lbs of that but he still looks puffy. I'm hoping he comes back down to normal this week. His cancer markers are down to 7 (was 43, then 17) so the doctors are convinced there are no new tumors throwing off cancer cells. Just gotta get rid of the ones still floating around so they don't take root.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 08:32 AM   #296
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

That sounds very promising!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2019, 09:09 AM   #297
Android1
Radeon Tahiti PRO2

Quote:
Hey, sorry I missed this. Brendan is soldiering on. He comes home today. Chemo week #2 is in the bag. Now 2 weeks at home, then 1 more week-long chemo stay.

He was up 7lbs due to fluid retention but his kidneys are functioning OK so the doctors weren't worried. He lost 2lbs of that but he still looks puffy. I'm hoping he comes back down to normal this week. His cancer markers are down to 7 (was 43, then 17) so the doctors are convinced there are no new tumors throwing off cancer cells. Just gotta get rid of the ones still floating around so they don't take root.
That's fantastic news! It sounds as though all is going to plan concerning Brendan's treatment.

Also, apologies for misspelling Brendan's name in my last couple of posts. I must learn to read vowels more closely.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 09:26 AM   #298
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
His cancer markers are down to 7 (was 43, then 17) so the doctors are convinced there are no new tumors throwing off cancer cells. Just gotta get rid of the ones still floating around so they don't take root.
Awesome news.

yoz
Old Feb 17, 2019, 08:20 PM   #299
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Wow so glad this is working out
Old Feb 19, 2019, 05:38 PM   #300
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

I just saw this thread - glad to see there's been some positive news

btw I tried to donate but it wouldn't go through - it said 'campaign not ready' and 'there's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account'

Just FYI