Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Default can you spot a pentile display with your naked eye? I can't

After just reading a review that devoted a full six paragraphs to berating the One S for it's pentile display I stared as hard as I could at my Nexus S looking for the fringes and other artifacts the review describes.

I concluded that there is no way I can see what they are talking about. Can you?

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/2/291...c-one-s-review
Quote:
Most icons on the One S exhibit a fine sliver of green subpixels on their left edge and a similarly slender string of red subpixels on the right. Admittedly, you’ll have to look closely to spot these inaccuracies, but once you do, they’ll be impossible to unsee. It’s the same thing as noticing you can hear a weather presenter’s intakes of breath — once you’re aware of it, the only thing you’ll be paying attention to is his next breath, not what he has to say.
I also concluded that the writer has a strange fixation with the breath of his whether man.

edit: forgot to add pool Oh well.

Last edited by aviphysics : Apr 10, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
aviphysics is offline   Reply With Quote