Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 23, 2003, 03:01 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Roundhouse
NOT BANNED

Roundhouse is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy I cant belive im upset over this

I know this is stupid but heres the story. 2 years ago I started talking to this girl online. She was really cool and fun to talk to. She was just as fun to talk to than my acctual real friends that I also talked to online. Well, for the past 4-5 months she hasnt been online or wrote me an email. The longest we gone was like 2 weeks without talking to each other before that. Well, she got online for the first time in 4-5 months. She basicly said she purposely ignored my emails to think that I would "get the message". Through all the bullshit, she said she basicly didnt want to talk to me. I dont know why, but this really bothes me and in a way sort of upsets me. She was really cool and fun to talk to. She said she felt like an internet dork talking to me and such. I dont know, I cant belive this is getting to me
Operating System - Windows XP corporate / Motherboad - Abit AT7 MAX2 / CPU - AMD XP 2400+ / RAM - 512 pc2700 / Hard Drive - Western Digital 60gig 7200 rpm ATA 100 / Video Card - ATI Radeon 8500 / Sound Card - SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Roundhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 03:07 AM   #2
Ace M
?siht daer uoy naC

Ace M is still being judged by the masses

Friendships are friendships, wether they are face to face, or online. You had a connection with her (no pun intended), and now it is broken.

The way she handled it was not right either. I had a friend do that to me, and it hurts (this friend I had known in person for many years....until I moved)

Your pain is not wrong.....the end of a relationship is hard, no matter how insignificant it was.

You will get through this. The internet is a big place, you are bound to find someone to talk to.
I feel your pain, and I hope you feel better soon

Keep it COOL and MOD on

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33678343

My g card mod

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~am1221/SafetyDance/ Funniest thing on the planet!!!!

Last edited by Ace M : May 25, 2003 at 04:00 AM.
Ace M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 03:08 AM   #3
Don Joe

Why are you sad that 55 years old fat man stopped talking to you? There's no women on the internet.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 23, 2003, 03:19 AM   #4
Unit01
Radeon Northern Islands

Unit01 is still being judged by the masses

Well most of us has been in contact with the internet i guess
That happened to me as well. Long time ago. Fascinating isn't it how people so easily give into non-existential impressions.
One day in her life "You spend so much time at the comp, you geek."
She thinks "Hm, i'll chat a little less then, or stop totally"
Now the Q is will your view of all online chat people be viewed with a negative aspect or will you keep some hope of the good will on people at the net. You'll get over it, in 2-4 weeks
Cheer up
Comp2: AMD Opteron 165 @ 2,0Ghz stock volt Asus A8N-32SLI Deluxe 2GB G.Skill PC4000
1x36GB Maxtor Atlas 15KII 1x147GB Maxtor Atlas 10KV xxxGB HD RAID Array(soon) ASUS EN7300GT Silent
Lapy1: HP NX9420 Core 2 Duo T5500 1x1024MB RAM 100GB HD X1600mobility
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 04:20 AM   #5
Hanners
Zetsubou Sensei

Hanners is still being judged by the masses

That really sucks, sorry to hear that. Like Ace said, friends are friends, no matter how you talk to them.

Still, she could have said that she didn't want to talk rather than just ignoring you for months - That's not cool.
Old May 23, 2003, 05:17 AM   #6
Roundhouse
NOT BANNED

yeah, there are other people I talk to online (just mainly people that I play online games with), and thats it. She was sort of the only girl I was really into talking with. I just cant believe she did something like this.
Operating System - Windows XP corporate / Motherboad - Abit AT7 MAX2 / CPU - AMD XP 2400+ / RAM - 512 pc2700 / Hard Drive - Western Digital 60gig 7200 rpm ATA 100 / Video Card - ATI Radeon 8500 / Sound Card - SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Old May 23, 2003, 06:09 AM   #7
silencerelite
Rage3D Veteran

silencerelite is still being judged by the masses

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you tell her how you feel about her as your good friend, like what you just said here?

Ignoring you on purpose isn't very nice. She could have at least write an email or something than leaving you hanging around.

I can assure things will become brighter once you let it go.
AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ @ 2.64Ghz| Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro | 2x1GB OCZ DDR400 Platinum | ASUS A8N-E | Sony DVD-/+RW Double/Dual Layer | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX | 150GB Raptor X | Samsung 24" SyncMaster 244T | LIAN LI PC-60USB | BFG 650W | Windows XP /w SP2
silencerelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 07:24 AM   #8
Don Joe

Maybe she expected to expand your friendship and you were to *hmmm* to notice? Why would she talk to you in the first place? Let's be real, you can't be friend with a girl, is all about hittage! *puts his anti-gay flame suit on*
Old May 23, 2003, 07:36 AM   #9
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

lol, thats women for ya !

Their grrreat arent they?

Do you have any idea WHY so is avoiding you? Have you asked her why she might be avoiding you? Even if she doesnt want to speak to you again, you can at least say - ok fair enough, suit yourself but before you go , exactly WHY do you not want to talk to me anymore.

btw. have you considered sabotage from an outside source? friend or foe maybe. Anywayz i think its important to get the bottom of why she doesnt want to talk to you anymore.

RoLo
Old May 23, 2003, 07:39 AM   #10
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

One mreo thing roundhouse, dont let itget to you - it really isnt worth the bother.

just crank up a game of Tribes or something

RoLo
Old May 23, 2003, 07:42 AM   #11
Raxxon256
Radeon R700

Raxxon256 is still being judged by the masses

I went thro the same thing last year.. we were friends for 5 years!! she just didnt im me or return my ims anymore, I guess she got bored of me.. (finally).
Raxxon256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 02:54 PM   #12
Roundhouse
NOT BANNED

she basicly said that she felt like one of those internet people that just sat at the computer and chatted to people (even thou she said I was the only one).
Old May 23, 2003, 08:06 PM   #13
Five-seveN
Adios, Rage3D

Five-seveN is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: I cant belive im upset over this

Dude, I can't believe you're upset over this either. Internet girlfriends were cool when you were like, 10. Grow up and move on. Get a real girlfriend and then lose her and then I'll have some sympathy for you.

I got a sad one too.

Bye guys. It's been a lot of fun.
Five-seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 08:27 PM   #14
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

Default Re: Re: I cant belive im upset over this

Quote:
Originally posted by Five-seveN
Dude, I can't believe you're upset over this either. Internet girlfriends were cool when you were like, 10. Grow up and move on. Get a real girlfriend and then lose her and then I'll have some sympathy for you.
Yes Roundhouse i mean look at your avatar, does it look like a thing like this would bother him?
Old May 23, 2003, 08:37 PM   #15
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

If she's the type to do that sort of thing, she's not worth the time and effort to get upset. You are allowed to ask what happened, but I wouldn't even bother if I were you...

cbsboyer

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 08:42 PM   #16
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Online friends, irl friends, theyre all the same thing. Thats my experience of it. Unless you dont have good online friends, but you obviously had, theres nothing strange about you being upset over this.
Old May 23, 2003, 08:53 PM   #17
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Joe
Maybe she expected to expand your friendship and you were to *hmmm* to notice? Why would she talk to you in the first place? Let's be real, you can't be friend with a girl, is all about hittage! *puts his anti-gay flame suit on*
This guy knows his stuff. This is exactly what I'm thinking. Some girls expect the guy to make the next move once a steady online relationship is secure (offline activity).

Good work Don Joe!
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 09:44 PM   #18
Roundhouse
NOT BANNED

Default Re: Re: I cant belive im upset over this

Quote:
Originally posted by Five-seveN
what? I never said I thought of her as a girlfriend or anything. She was just a cool person to talk to online. where did I mention an internet girlfriend? read before you post
Old May 23, 2003, 10:18 PM   #19
zacharyaus
arm the homeless

zacharyaus is still being judged by the masses

i feel your pain. but dude, that chick sounds like a *****

edit: damnit!!! why do they keep censoring my words ...i was allowed to say b|tch before!!
[Radeon 9800pro]
[Catalyst 3.6 and DirectX 9a]
[Enermax 431w]
zacharyaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 11:42 PM   #20
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

heh. my last girlfriend broke up with me over msn. that was almost two years ago, but it's still lame. i haven't dated anyone since

also, an internet friend of mine kind of pulled the same thing as yours. i was kind of annoyed, i didn't think she was like that. doesn't bother me too much now.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 12:08 AM   #21
ErrorS
gfdsa

ErrorS is still being judged by the masses

lol, sucks that happened to you dude :\ i went through the same **** online but woke up one day and realized i felt no real attachment to anyone i talk to over the internet. i'm guessing your female friend did the same thing..

just understand people on the internet are tools to better yourself. They have no other purpose. Once you learn all you can from someone, dump them. If you find someone loyal enough, use them as much as you can. Create a group of people that will blindly follow you and use them to do your dirty work. If you're really good, you can use your people to create an army of internet warriors. Have a website (fansite, computer site, info site, whatever) with a large user base and use this as your home. Attack from it. Attack other sites. Use your warriors to fight some of the largest internet wars known to man. Internet forums and IRC Chatrooms are your battlegrounds, learn them. Your ultimate goal being to monopolize the internet and all webpages having to do with anything. One day you might be as large as Gamespy, it's possible you could destroy or even take over Gamespy! You can do anything you put your mind to.

However, start off small. Form a small rebelious group that will go after sites like hardocp, anandtech or tomshardware (or large fansites for games/movies/etc., depending on your interests). You might not cause any real damage at first, but you will let these people know that you are a growing power that one day will be known as Gods in every IRC chatroom, internet forum, newsgroup or frontpage news on every website on the internet!

Most important rule. Dont get attached!

here is an example to get you started:

http://www.ro-world.com/iB/index.php...T&f=18&t=40969 - a Fansite for a game called "RagnarokOnline". Learn from these people, they are true warriors.

www.eve-online.com
ErrorS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 12:59 AM   #22
PhuzuN
Radeon R200

PhuzuN is still being judged by the masses

Sounds like what happened to 3dfx Off Topic/later slackercentral.com. There was a big following. I'm pretty sure we started the war.
PhuzuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 01:45 AM   #23
SlickChicFallen
Radeon R420

SlickChicFallen is still being judged by the masses

Default hm

women DO exist on the internet (I'm one of them) despite quotes such as
Quote:
There's no women on the internet.
and honestly I'm kinda offended by
Quote:
lol, thats women for ya !Their grrreat arent they?
cuz guys can be the same way. I've had it happen to me several times.

It hurts any way you look at it. Personally, I try not to talk to many people on the internet that I don't know in person to prevent getting overly attached to someone whom I'll never be able to meet. I can't keep online relationships like that because I need more than just text on a screen, hehe...

ANYWAYS... enough from me
And to Slippery Chicken Fornicating.. you woman! Trying to fool us men with your woman tricks!
SlickChicFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 02:06 AM   #24
Roundhouse
NOT BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by ErrorSzz
lol, sucks that happened to you dude :\ i went through the same **** online but woke up one day and realized i felt no real attachment to anyone i talk to over the internet. i'm guessing your female friend did the same thing..

just understand people on the internet are tools to better yourself. They have no other purpose. Once you learn all you can from someone, dump them. If you find someone loyal enough, use them as much as you can. Create a group of people that will blindly follow you and use them to do your dirty work. If you're really good, you can use your people to create an army of internet warriors. Have a website (fansite, computer site, info site, whatever) with a large user base and use this as your home. Attack from it. Attack other sites. Use your warriors to fight some of the largest internet wars known to man. Internet forums and IRC Chatrooms are your battlegrounds, learn them. Your ultimate goal being to monopolize the internet and all webpages having to do with anything. One day you might be as large as Gamespy, it's possible you could destroy or even take over Gamespy! You can do anything you put your mind to.

However, start off small. Form a small rebelious group that will go after sites like hardocp, anandtech or tomshardware (or large fansites for games/movies/etc., depending on your interests). You might not cause any real damage at first, but you will let these people know that you are a growing power that one day will be known as Gods in every IRC chatroom, internet forum, newsgroup or frontpage news on every website on the internet!

Most important rule. Dont get attached!

here is an example to get you started:

http://www.ro-world.com/iB/index.php...T&f=18&t=40969 - a Fansite for a game called "RagnarokOnline". Learn from these people, they are true warriors.

lol I do have a website like this. PM me if you want the URL to it since rage3d blocked it out, see www.**************/forum lol
Old May 24, 2003, 04:30 AM   #25
OhNo

Ok Roundface, here is the straight $hit.

GET OVER IT, my god, it was just some stupid chick that had time to waste. Why bother spending your time on such a slut... go find one in PERSON. I guarante you will have much more fun.

We have been through alot together, even tho most of it was your fault... take my best advice and meet some girl in person. Then you can play the "where could my dork fit" game.

BTW, this is ByteMe
Old May 24, 2003, 02:42 PM   #26
Five-seveN
Adios, Rage3D

Five-seveN is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Re: Re: I cant belive im upset over this

Quote:
Originally posted by Roundhouse
what? I never said I thought of her as a girlfriend or anything. She was just a cool person to talk to online. where did I mention an internet girlfriend? read before you post
If she's not your girlfriend then why are you upset over it?! If you get upset over every girl you meed you're going to die before The Matrix Revolutions comes out. Chill out a bit, step outside and meet a real girl and then all your online problems will seem very insignifcant.

I got a sad one too.

Bye guys. It's been a lot of fun.
Five-seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 03:00 PM   #27
zacharyaus
arm the homeless

haha

SlickChicFallen, your sig is bad-ass
[Radeon 9800pro]
[Enermax 431w]
Old May 24, 2003, 03:26 PM   #28
mufdvr
Mary Jane

mufdvr is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down

Friends are overrated, in the end they only care about themselves.
2x512 OCZ EL Platinum Rev2 @ 280mhz
WD 2x80g Raid0 / 200g storage
Pioneer DVR-109 DL +/-R
Nikao 520W
mufdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2003, 03:59 PM   #29
zacharyaus
arm the homeless

Quote:
Originally posted by mufdvr
Friends are overrated, in the end they only care about themselves.
that's one of the stupidest things i have ever heard anyone say.
[Radeon 9800pro]
[Enermax 431w]
Old May 24, 2003, 04:42 PM   #30
mufdvr
Mary Jane

mufdvr is still being judged by the masses

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by zacharyaus
that's one of the stupidest things i have ever heard anyone say.
You must not read message boards that much if thats true.

Its my opinion.
2x512 OCZ EL Platinum Rev2 @ 280mhz
WD 2x80g Raid0 / 200g storage
Pioneer DVR-109 DL +/-R
Nikao 520W
mufdvr is offline   Reply With Quote