Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 1, 2020, 04:39 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Do not take photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game.
Do not post photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game on any venue.
Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we’ve instructed you to.
Do not allow others to watch you play the Game.
Do not leave the Game running unattended.
Do not speak of the game and deny its existence to anyone in Rage who may ask for pics.
Self harm when applicable.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 02:56 AM   #152
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Got about 8 hours in today.

Still impressed.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2020, 04:19 AM   #153
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

As you are not allowed to say anything about the sim then just nod your head or shake it ok ?

Is the download of new areas seamless or pop ups ?
Overall gtx setting I see you have 2 x 1080’s so presume no issues and can’t test lower powered but do the settings scale ?
Give me your key. ��
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 2, 2020, 05:21 AM   #154
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

is it really using DX11? are they planning to upgrade it to DX12?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 05:36 AM   #155
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
As you are not allowed to say anything about the sim then just nod your head or shake it ok ?
To be fair I don't even think they're allowed to do that.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:08 AM   #156
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

somebody broke the NDA

Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:16 AM   #157
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Well he gotta get that subscriber count up from 14
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2020, 01:09 PM   #158
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Meh. Doesn't show much of anything additional a serious simmer wants to see.

Fail at NDA break attempt.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 01:16 PM   #159
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Meh. Doesn't show much of anything additional a serious simmer wants to see.
super lame indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Fail at NDA break attempt.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:18 AM   #160
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Compass doesn't work.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 05:12 PM   #161
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

so will you be able to buy a stand alone copy? or are you always connected to a stupid server and if so are there other people flying at the same time?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2020, 05:52 PM   #162
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

There is offline mode but you have to download that region
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:47 PM   #163
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I applied for access - guess we will see?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Feb 14, 2020 at 03:28 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2020, 03:11 AM   #164
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Got about 8 hours in today.

Still impressed.
Btw can you comment about the performance? Does it tax your hardware?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:28 AM   #165
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I can't give specifics. It's an alpha and everything is open to change but I can say that I'm still really impressed with the game.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:39 AM   #166
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I can't give specifics. It's an alpha and everything is open to change but I can say that I'm still really impressed with the game.
How's the crash modeling and effects? I usually do a LOT of that, so might as well make it entertaining.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:50 AM   #167
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I don't have an alpha pass, but from what I saw of the leaked vids, non existent like most commercial sims post 9/11.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2020, 03:27 PM   #168
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I don't have an alpha pass, but from what I saw of the leaked vids, non existent like most commercial sims post 9/11.
Makes sense. They don't want to make crashing "fun".
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2020, 09:49 PM   #169
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Makes sense. They don't want to make crashing "fun".
Can't make it realistic or you have dbags practicing how to maximize damage radius and killing potential..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2020, 02:32 AM   #170
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
How's the crash modeling and effects? I usually do a LOT of that, so might as well make it entertaining.
The 9/11 terrorists apparently used Microsoft Flight Simulator to practice flying the planes into buildings. After that Microsoft turned off the crash modeling.

I don't think that they will turn that back on anytime soon.

On a side note, I can say that I have started testing out and playing with the reality settings and setting up some failures.

I continue to be very impressed with this game.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 03:56 AM   #171
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Appreciate that crashing is not in the game but if I was in that mind then surely the main focus would be to fly to the destination point and not wonder about the actual graphical representation of a vehicle hitting something ? It does take some of the immersion away from the sim but I guess being a sim you are not meant to crash but if you accidently clip a bridge or whatever it would have been nice to try and recover no ?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 04:04 AM   #172
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

still don't have an invite....
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote