Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Default God Of War III (GOW 3) - Official Discussion

what does 'Chaos will rise again' mean?
I didn't have time to play God of War collection yet.

by the way, the search engine must be broken or something because I thought I saw a thread for this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Last edited by nomore : Feb 14, 2010 at 11:22 PM.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:23 AM   #2
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I didn't have time to play God of War collection yet.
MAKE TIME !

Seriously, if there's a game deserving to fit into anyone's schedule is that one. Especially the remastered versions.

Slightly off-topic, but this start of the year has been insane. Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Heavy Rain, God of War in a few weeks, AND Uncharted 2 for me, because I just got it this month.

Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:51 AM   #3
plan-9
Radeon Northern Islands

plan-9 is still being judged by the masses

Cant wait for this one. The E3 Demo was mind blowingly good. It came with my District 9 Bluray. Never played God Of War 1 and 2 before that. After playing the demo a bunch of times, ran out and got the GOW Collection. Beat the first one which was amazing. And now I just started playing GOW2, Im about 9-10 hrs in and its also amazing. Highly recommend playing them if you havent.
plan-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:02 AM   #4
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It ain't out yet...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:52 PM   #5
plan-9
Radeon Northern Islands

plan-9 is still being judged by the masses

Just beat GOW2. So now Im pretty much caught up. Well besides the PSP game. What a great story. Now I REALLY cant wait for the GOW3. What an ending!!!
plan-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:40 PM   #6
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
MAKE TIME !

I need you or someone else to come with me and explain that to my boss so I can take some time off (and hopefully still get paid).
Quote:
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:35 PM   #7
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They are good. I had never played the first two either until recently. Played both back to back. I'm very eager to see how the story continues.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:56 PM   #8
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

so I started playing God of War 1 from GOW collection and there was a sex game... and I got the trophy for 'Rockin' the Boat'
should I expect more sex scenes in the game?
Quote:
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:13 PM   #9
wrex
Radeon R700

wrex is still being judged by the masses

Only one controller fapping event per game
wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:28 PM   #10
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex View Post
Only one controller fapping event per game
I want more
Quote:
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:57 PM   #11
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Comments I've been reading from around the gaming forums is this game possesses the best graphics people have seen to date on a console. I pre-ordered the ultimate edition today. Will be my first gow experience.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:11 AM   #12
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Juding by the E3 demo it's indeed a beautiful looking game, but as far as the technical side goes, Uncharted 2 is still king. Imo.
Art style, majestic vistas, insane levels, etc...that's another story.

You might want to grab the GOW1 and 2 remakes before you jump into this one. It will help the story quite a bit.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:38 PM   #13
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Comments I've been reading from around the gaming forums is this game possesses the best graphics people have seen to date on a console. I pre-ordered the ultimate edition today. Will be my first gow experience.
why did you order the ultimate edition though? not the normal edition?
Quote:
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:28 AM   #14
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

10 bucks that this game will be resold like a mother****er... damn!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 06:27 PM   #15
teh_moleman
Radeon R520

teh_moleman is still being judged by the masses

My biggest surprise is how soon this is coming out. I could have sworn it was coming at the end of the year, then just a couple of days ago I pass by a Gamespot with all the GoW3 posters "3/16/10 whoa what!" At least this means I've ignored it most of this time and haven't spoiled anything for myself. Unfortunately I have such a huge backlog of games right now that I probably won't be getting it right away.

1 and 2 are definitely some of the best games I've ever played. I know the word "epic" is a bit of a cliche by now, but God of War really is just plain epic from start to finish. And for a fan of Greek/Roman mythology it's even better since the story fits right in. I can't even look back at some of the classic stories without subconsciously splicing in God of War's take on things.
teh_moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 06:34 PM   #16
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
why did you order the ultimate edition though? not the normal edition?
I had over $150 bucks in best buy reward zone points to spend. I used some for Heavy Rain and the remainder on gow3. Both games only cost me a few bucks of my own money.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 09:02 PM   #17
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

I just saw God of War III E3 demo on PSN. GO GO GO
I played that demo multiple times few months ago and I would highly recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I had over $150 bucks in best buy reward zone points to spend. I used some for Heavy Rain and the remainder on gow3. Both games only cost me a few bucks of my own money.
cool.
Quote:
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:29 PM   #18
Nerdd
Radeon R700

Nerdd is still being judged by the masses

Finally got to play the demo.

The camera seems a little choppy compared to GoW II and there are clearly issues with the shadows and lighting, but since it's old E3 code, I guess it's ok. Also had some issues with the sound dropping volume here and there.

But still, awesome. Glad I preordered.
Nerdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 02:17 AM   #19
Debonair
Radeon Evergreen

Debonair is still being judged by the masses

Makes other console games seem that small !

Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 02:28 AM   #20
Debonair
Radeon Evergreen

Old Feb 26, 2010, 04:32 AM   #21
Debonair
Radeon Evergreen

If you ever play Halo again this is what i'm gonna do to you !

Old Feb 26, 2010, 04:39 AM   #22
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

after watching gttv.
all i can say is gow3 will be awsome
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...p=85&ch=1&sd=0
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 07:20 AM   #23
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got it pre-ordered. Looking forward to the 19th

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:12 PM   #24
wrex
Radeon R700

wrex is still being judged by the masses

The eye gough is bloody but the nail pull, OW.
wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:23 PM   #25
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

I want some Hermes Boots . Will be picking up my copy at midnight on release day .
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:45 AM   #26
KAC
That postcount though...

After playing Bayonetta I have been having such a hard time finishing off God of War Collection...

Bayonetta was so damn amazing. Hope GOW3 delivers.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 08:45 AM   #27
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Been playing GOW2 with an emulator runs well but damn i was really enjoying it up until the quicktime events.

Is this what you console players enjoy? , quicktime events
Old Feb 27, 2010, 05:30 PM   #28
Nerdd
Radeon R700

Nerdd is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
Is this what you console players enjoy? , quicktime events
Spamming A or X is the new rage. QTE's be old skool
Nerdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:14 PM   #29
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdd View Post
Spamming A or X is the new rage. QTE's be old skool
I actually kinda preferred the way they did it in Darksiders where a lot of the QTEs just relied on you hitting "B" at a specific time. Granted this isn't much in the way of a real "quick time" but I found myself enjoying the mayhem and slaughter instead of staring at the screen waiting for the next symbol to appear.

In GOW3 at least the buttons appear on the side of the screen that the key is on. So like "X" will show up towards the bottom of the screen. Which feels like it might make reacting to the quick-time events less focus intensive and a bit more able to sit back and watch.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:03 AM   #30
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thought the devs stated that if you spam buttons in gow3 your in for a BIG surprise (unpleasant one at that)?