Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 9, 2011, 06:39 AM   #1591
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Well that would explain his disgusted reaction to my offer of some R3D manches..
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 09:12 AM   #1592
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

Health regen can be turned off in server options
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...l#post19833732

beta rumoured for 27th (29th open to all)
http://battlefieldo.com/bf3-beta-platoons/
The real one for me will be if 3D spotting can be turned off.

Hah, I predicted the beta would be between the 27th and 28th, so I wasn't wrong! What that basically means is that those with early access can have two days of broken servers, at that point DICE will have pulled their thumb out and fixed it, by that point, the open beta will have started.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:51 PM   #1593
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:24 PM   #1594
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricfrac View Post

Totally! Can't wait for this.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:26 PM   #1595
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

DX11 HEAVEN!
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:33 PM   #1596
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Night city FTW!!!!!!!!!1111
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:36 PM   #1597
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Oh oooh oooh oooooohh ohhhhhhhhh

jizzzzzzz jizz jizzzzz jizz jz
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:41 PM   #1598
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Oh oooh oooh oooooohh ohhhhhhhhh

jizzzzzzz jizz jizzzzz jizz jz
Tell you what, quit smoking and......

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:16 PM   #1599
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Tell you what, quit smoking and......
lol

ooh la la!
Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:37 PM   #1600
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

That looked pretty impressive... lets just hope actual game play looks and plays that good.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:38 PM   #1601
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
That looked pretty impressive... lets just hope actual game play looks and plays that good.
Id say thats all gameplay footage... after playing the beta. Looks good though for a single player map.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 04:44 PM   #1602
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

True and the beta was great, but there's a notable difference with the smoothness between these movies and real time gaming thus far.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 07:08 PM   #1603
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

I think i will preorder again

Cant wait to pulverize some ragers with my DAO-12
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2011, 07:31 PM   #1604
Sobek
Radeon R700

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post
Cant wait to pulverize some ragers with my DAO-12
I think the DAO-12 is my single most used weapon in BF2... Even more than the bloody G36

I've been absent for some time - is BF3 still not coming to Steam?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:27 PM   #1605
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
I think the DAO-12 is my single most used weapon in BF2... Even more than the bloody G36

I've been absent for some time - is BF3 still not coming to Steam?
no news on that, but so far every version needs origin (EA's steam) to run.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:43 PM   #1606
gramboh
Casual gamer

gramboh is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
True and the beta was great, but there's a notable difference with the smoothness between these movies and real time gaming thus far.
The movies are definitely post-processed gameplay footage, which is why it is so smooth and the colours look so good compared to actual game play experience.
1x Seagate 7200.11 1TB SATA2 + 1x Hitatchi 5K3000 3TB SATA3 (plus another two of same for offline eSATA backup)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer w/ Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and Sennheiser HD570
Antec P182B - Corsair 520HX PSU

Windows 7 Professional x64
3DMark Vantage: 22045 / 3DMark11: 4314

Netbook: Asus 1015PN (Atom 1.5GHz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB HDD, NVidia ION2, 10in LCD, Windows 7 Starter)
Now Playing - Battlefield 3, Super Meat Boy, The Witcher 2, SHIFT 2 Unleashed, Jamestown, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2
gramboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:30 PM   #1607
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

So PC beta is delayed while we wait for consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxDieselxXx
BF3 PC Beta Ready, waiting for Microsoft / Sony | BATTLEFIELDO | Your source for Battlefield 3

Quote:
Today was the first public presentation of Battlefield 3 in France. The conference was lead by Kusa, the French Community manager as well as KM Troedsson, the General Manager of DICE. What’s most interesting though, is Kusa made a statement about the Battlefield 3 Open Beta.

“Regarding the beta on PC, it is ready, but many require a beta preparations, DICE is working to accelerate these preparations with Microsoft and Sony. Once these are completed, the beta will begin.” – Kusa (via PlaneteBF.fr)

Thousands if not millions of Battlefield players are eagerly awaiting the Open Beta. Even though it is stated to come out in September, with no official word on a date it’s interesting to hear that in fact the PC Beta is ready to roll. Companies like Microsoft and Sony have a system where they must approve a build before it is distributed. This usually takes around 2 – 3 weeks. Our guess is that EA/DICE most likely sent their current build to be approved a week or two ago so that the Beta could be launched on all three platforms at the same time. While it does make you drool a lot more knowing the BF3 Open Beta is ready, at least it’s only a matter of 2 weeks until all of us get our hands on the game in the comfort of our own homes.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:18 AM   #1608
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Sometimes I hate consoles so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:26 AM   #1609
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The console version is super gimped anyways. 30 FPS, 24 players max online, etc. Battlefield 3 should have been a PC exclusive just like the past true Battlefield titles. For consoles, they should have just had an entirely separate game all together or even made this beta test PC exclusive. But of course they have to make money by giving the contards their share of the same games, so that comes back sometimes and hurts us just like with the beta test launch. I wish they'd just push the damned thing out already so we can start playing. The game is just a little over a month away, anyways! I sure hope we don't have to wait too much longer.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:52 AM   #1610
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Enemy boat spotted

if that's not in there i'm gonna be hella pissed.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:11 AM   #1611
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
The console version is super gimped anyways. 30 FPS, 24 players max online, etc. Battlefield 3 should have been a PC exclusive just like the past true Battlefield titles. For consoles, they should have just had an entirely separate game all together or even made this beta test PC exclusive. But of course they have to make money by giving the contards their share of the same games, so that comes back sometimes and hurts us just like with the beta test launch. I wish they'd just push the damned thing out already so we can start playing. The game is just a little over a month away, anyways! I sure hope we don't have to wait too much longer.
i dont mind, i'd rather they smooth out as much sh*t as possible before releasing.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:41 AM   #1612
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I have lived.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:00 AM   #1613
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I can't wait for the chance to use my AWESOME 2 day open beta head start.

**** YEAH1!1!!!
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:50 PM   #1614
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I can't wait for the chance to use my AWESOME 2 day open beta head start.

**** YEAH1!1!!!
and who said MoH wasnt worth full price? lol
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:22 PM   #1615
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So is there anything we need to do specifically to enter the open beta? Or is it 100% open?
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:37 PM   #1616
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
So is there anything we need to do specifically to enter the open beta? Or is it 100% open?
Do you have an origin account? Pretty sure that is required.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:19 PM   #1617
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Do you have an origin account? Pretty sure that is required.
Yep.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Sep 16, 2011, 02:19 AM   #1618
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The trailers are pretty good. Thinking about picking it up for 27$ from cdkeyshere.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 05:59 AM   #1619
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
The trailers are pretty good. Thinking about picking it up for 27$ from cdkeyshere.
i recall reading EA might kick all those CD keys off their servers as nobodys authorized to sell those CD keys outside of Russia or poorer countries where the price is meant to be $27 for a new release.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:24 AM   #1620
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

yup beta officially announced for the 29th (27th for early preorders/moh)!
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote