Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 15, 2004, 08:55 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lunar Aura
Banned

Lunar Aura is still being judged by the masses

Default Would you try to talk someone out of suicide?

Just wondering what the majority of you guys will do if you witnessed IRL that someone was gonna kill themself.

Would you try to talk them out of it? Or just ignore the whole thing?

Me I'd try to talk them out of it but knowing my skills at comforting people they'd probably wanna kill me first and then themself
Lunar Aura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 08:57 PM   #2
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Let them kill themselves then take their wallet.

Just kidding, I would try to help.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 08:59 PM   #3
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Already did. Wasnt a stranger though, but had it been, I would have tried to help then too.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:01 PM   #4
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

I have. Three times, and it was the same person. By the second time I knew he was doing it for attention so I just called him dumb the third time.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:02 PM   #5
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

been there, dun that 100% success rate
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:02 PM   #6
Seek & Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Seek & Destroy is still being judged by the masses

This girl told me she was gonna jump off the roof of her dorm. I talked her out of it so I could have sex with her again.

I'm always helping people like that.

Seek & Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:05 PM   #7
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Of course I'll try, right down to trying them up and force feeding them unil they decide against it.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:08 PM   #8
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally posted by A2597
Of course I'll try, right down to trying them up and force feeding them unil they decide against it.
Force feeding them what?
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:12 PM   #9
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuku2
Force feeding them what?
if you have to ask, then you don't want to know.
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:20 PM   #10
Skyline
I Am Radio X.

Skyline is still being judged by the masses

Beat the suicide out of them.

''Let's go people. We've got another rich black guy. I want him humiliated and dragged through the dirt and I want it done by the books!'' -South Park Police Sergeant.
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:28 PM   #11
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ive always said alcoholics are suicidals to chicken sh*t to kill themselves.

so for the ones that actaully have the balls to do it, more power to you. its population control as far as im concerned.

but i also happen to think they should legalize all drugs, so everyone that wants to do it can hurry up and kill themselves and stop taking up space.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:31 PM   #12
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

I would.. Because someone has done it for me.. Recently even..

Otherwise.. I thought about it before at one point, but I'll tell ya.. Holding a gun to your own head, its scary.. I was too "girlie" to pull the trigger..

Of course I would talk someone out of it.. I cant say that it wouldnt be worth it, however, I will say, you have the rest of your life to live.. Life is not all bad..
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:48 PM   #13
carramrod01
Come get a taste

carramrod01 is still being judged by the masses

If I knew them and liked them, yes.

If I didn't like them or know them I would ignore them.

Frankly I think people crazy enough to commit suicide (no offence to anyone thats tried) should go ahead and do it because we don't need more crazies out there (and yes - killing yourself is crazy). I don't think anyone I'm friends with would try it so I don't think I'd be put in that situation. I try to surround myself with happy people.
carramrod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 09:51 PM   #14
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally posted by carramrod01

Frankly I think people crazy enough to commit suicide (no offence to anyone thats tried) should go ahead and do it because we don't need more crazies out there (and yes - killing yourself is crazy). I don't think anyone I'm friends with would try it so I don't think I'd be put in that situation. I try to surround myself with happy people.
You dont really have to be crazy to do it.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:26 PM   #15
palo alto
User Selected

palo alto is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by carramrod01

And by your reasoning, I could say the world is better off without people like you
palo alto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:28 PM   #16
Kamiclone
Galactic Odyssey

Kamiclone is still being judged by the masses

ya i would try to help
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:33 PM   #17
ATMArage
Revulva

ATMArage is still being judged by the masses

Depends on the attitude of the person. If they seem like they want help then I'll gladly help them because I've already been in similar situations where I wished someone would offer an ear.

But if they're being an ass about it then go right ahead, free country

"Ergo, buttplug = gay"
~Missus
ATMArage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:37 PM   #18
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I would (and have) defer them to someone with experience with this type of thing. U can't be a hero and try to counsel someone that is suicidal if you have no experience in the matter. U may make things worse and have to live with that for the rest of your life.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:39 PM   #19
AsDDff
Resident EviL

AsDDff is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuku2
Let them kill themselves then take their wallet.

Just kidding, I would try to help.
they better have some money to make their death worthwhile kidding w/ you ocourse
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:22 PM   #20
carramrod01
Come get a taste

carramrod01 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by palo alto
And by your reasoning, I could say the world is better off without people like you
by my reasoning? What is my reasoning again? Suicidal people are crazy and don't deserve to live. It's selfish anyway so yea, let them die - selfish bastards.

Now ok, again, by MY reasoning how does this apply to me?
carramrod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:26 AM   #21
typoEDR
Radeon Caribbean Islands

typoEDR is still being judged by the masses

I did it through MSN. It was retarded. All for attention, IMO.

That's why I have the f**ker blocked.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:56 AM   #22
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

I had a song talk me out of suicide.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 01:51 AM   #23
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

No. I'd be nice and offer the person a set of gloves, one round, and my gun.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 01:56 AM   #24
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird sings

My friend got off some painkillers and become really depressed.
That chemical thing is really hard to beat.
A lot of friends tried to cheer him up, but we didn't succeed.
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 02:25 AM   #25
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

yes and have talked 3 during their crisis

only succeeded 66%

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 02:28 AM   #26
Skyline
I Am Radio X.

Skyline is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by niqht
ive always said alcoholics are suicidals to chicken sh*t to kill themselves.

so for the ones that actaully have the balls to do it, more power to you. its population control as far as im concerned.

but i also happen to think they should legalize all drugs, so everyone that wants to do it can hurry up and kill themselves and stop taking up space.
What?

So I'm suicidal because I take drugs?

''Let's go people. We've got another rich black guy. I want him humiliated and dragged through the dirt and I want it done by the books!'' -South Park Police Sergeant.
Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 02:32 AM   #27
DarkSyde
Rage3D Veteran

DarkSyde is still being judged by the masses

I'd consider joining them
DarkSyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 03:14 AM   #28
Xander
Naval | Gamer

Xander is still being judged by the masses

Depends on if there were going to do it in a really messy way I'd have to clean up after. That'd suck, and I'd probably try to talk them out of it. Or in someone else's house, at least.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 03:20 AM   #29
ATMArage
Revulva

ATMArage is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Xander
Depends on if there were going to do it in a really messy way I'd have to clean up after. That'd suck, and I'd probably try to talk them out of it. Or in someone else's house, at least.
If they're gonna blow their brains out then tell them to lean their head backwards over the toilet. Then you just gotta carry the body out and flush. No hassle!

"Ergo, buttplug = gay"
~Missus
ATMArage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 05:09 AM   #30
Animotion
O_o

Animotion is still being judged by the masses

Yes i would (if i knew them or not) But i woulden't stand in there way if thats what they want to do (it's there choice) (if they visable/emotional in a lot of pain) (it would really help to know the person better in this situation)

PS3 - Mok_ojin - 360 - Mokojin

" You guys are just jelous - but I guess I can let you 3 going wild in a menage ŕ trois, and record it for the secret R3D pr0n server" - Pr()ZaC

"Good night child.. It's past your bed time" - Harmon smith Killer7

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee

Last edited by Animotion : Jun 16, 2004 at 05:13 AM.
Animotion is offline   Reply With Quote