Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 23, 2020, 02:13 AM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Modding weapons, yes. Buying new weapons, no.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2020, 02:20 AM   #422
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Modding weapons, yes. Buying new weapons, no.

You need to buy new weapons. This is not like other RPGs where you will have routine weapon drops with higher stats than what is already with you.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:11 AM   #423
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not like a typical arpg where you get new weapons every few levels. Once you reach Meridian early game you can buy all the end game weapons from one of the vendors there. 'Shadow' set if I recall correctly? (there are some from quests/dlc with very slightly better stats)

From there on to end game your weapon 'upgrades' are the mods you slot into them. The biggest "upgrade" is your knowledge/experience of the enemies, and proper usage of elemental damage, elemental combos and proper placement of damage on enemy weakspots.

Regularly pull up the in game menu which shows the enemy weakpoints and enemy elemental weaknesses, and get the practice of applying them. So make sure you have a variety of weapons that can apply whatever element you want, ice, fire, shock, explosive, physical etc.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 23, 2020, 05:04 PM   #424
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeah I noticed the top end weapons can bought out early. I just go in each time arrows blazing.

Thanks for advice guys.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 09:34 AM   #425
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
I just go in each time arrows blazing.
that's (most of the time) the worst strategy as you already might've noticed

Mods are your best friends, choose them wisely according to your playstyle and, of course, the enemy type you're up against. Also do yourself a favor and complete the hunt-quests. You get some of the best stuff from that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:16 AM   #426
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Best weapons I've found to be the ones you get from the Banuk in the expansion. I recommend going there when you hit level 30 and finish that before finishing the main quest.
Their armour versions seem better as well.
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 01:01 PM   #427
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Best armor is the one that you find in the caves with like 4-5 cores. That shite like dope and a must have to completely own the last mission and expansion.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:22 PM   #428
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Best armor is the one that you find in the caves with like 4-5 cores. That shite like dope and a must have to completely own the last mission and expansion.
you mean the Shieldweaver Set, and yes, that's the best armor you can get before the expansion

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2020, 05:14 AM   #429
Megaman
Packing heat!

Anyone else have issues with their keys not responding?

Like I'd get hit for example and I'll try sprint but my player just stands there until I lift my finger of shift and press it again?

I feel like I'm needing to do that quite a bit and surrounding objects also interfere with movement it's getting to the point where I want to uninstall this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 05:16 AM   #430
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Anyone else have issues with their keys not responding?

Like I'd get hit for example and I'll try sprint but my player just stands there until I lift my finger of shift and press it again?

I feel like I'm needing to do that quite a bit and surrounding objects also interfere with movement it's getting to the point where I want to uninstall this.
Don't have the issue and I am using the same keyboard.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 05:44 AM   #431
Megaman
Packing heat!

It’s driving me insane. Occasionally it won’t respond a few times and then steams overlay pops up.

However, steams overlay popping up is not limited to this game.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 05:56 AM   #432
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
It’s driving me insane. Occasionally it won’t respond a few times and then steams overlay pops up.

Cancel the steam overlay. It is the most intrusive POS that I have ever seen. Actually all overlays are like that. First thing I disable.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 01:07 PM   #433
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Patch 1.07 out

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2020, 01:34 PM   #434
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

Sounds almost like you might be hitting the combination keys that brings up the Steam overlay. I think its SHIFT + TAB.

As KAC said try disabling the Steam overlay.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2020, 11:05 PM   #435
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

First, I thank KAC for urging me to play this game, I've enjoyed it.
Quick pros cons after 40hrs.

PROS: I like the enemies and weapons. Each weapon serves a purpose unlike most games.
decent quests, not based around fetching stuff. Most end up in fights

CONS:
runs like poop on my gtx 1070.
The dialogue or more the facial expressions of the characters during conversations leaves much to be desired. They stare off into space and are usually stoic.

Games fun though. Worth a play through. Pretends to be RPG/action but isn't. It's basically a fun action game, with skills you develop as you level up.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 11:50 PM   #436
KAC
That postcount though...

If you finish it you will also be very satisfied with the story arcs. Also expansion is worth a pounding.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 10:06 PM   #437
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Sounds almost like you might be hitting the combination keys that brings up the Steam overlay. I think its SHIFT + TAB.

As KAC said try disabling the Steam overlay.
Yeah it's off now and I think it's better. Kinda weird is interfered with the controls in this title.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 12:57 AM   #438
Megaman
Packing heat!

OK I found an example anyone can try.

Press Shift and W to sprint. As you sprint towards a dead machine holding shift and W, loot the machine by holding down E and then take each item using E.

Once all items have been looted and you're still holding down Shift and E, the screen will jump back out where the only movement you have is left and right. The W doesn't respond until you let go of it and press it again.

Same goes with holding Shift and W then press C to slide. You remain in crouch mode where sprint no longer works. Probably expected behavior but it's annoying as hell.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 01:05 AM   #439
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Use a damn game pad wtf?
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2020, 01:21 AM   #440
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Use a damn game pad wtf?

If I want to use a damn game pad I'd go and get a shitty console.

Old Nov 6, 2020, 02:19 AM   #441
KAC
That postcount though...

Do you have sticky keys enabled? Because it seems like that maybe causing the issue. Also why do you need to press E to pick items one by one.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 02:21 AM   #442
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Do you have sticky keys enabled? Because it seems like that maybe causing the issue. Also why do you need to press E to pick items one by one.
Sticky keys are off. Pressing E to collect things one by one is just a habit. Same deal happens when you hold down E to collect everything.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 04:46 AM   #443
KAC
That postcount though...

I think you need to format your hard drive.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 05:43 AM   #444
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
He needs more RGB
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2020, 09:18 AM   #445
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
He needs more RGB

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 05:27 PM   #446
Megaman
Packing heat!

Finished this last week. Felt a bit meh about it.

Here's the latest patch.

Quote:
Horizon Zero Dawn PC Patch 1.08 Release Notes

Crash Fixes

Fixed an audio crash when using mono audio devices
Fixed a crash that could happen in certain circumstances on 5.1 audio devices
Fixed a crash in NetPresenceManager
Fixed multiple crashes that could occur during Shader optimization
Fixed a crash in PlacementMeshUpdateJob that occurred on machines with more than 16 cores
Fixed a start-up crash for CPUs that do not support AVX instructions
Audio Improvements

Potential fix for dialogue sounding metallicy and blown out for some users
Functionality Improvements

Epic SDK updated to latest version and now supports platform features like Achievements and Cloud Saves
GOG SDK integrated for launch on GOG.com
Performance Improvements

Improved VRAM budgeting which should help prevent VRAM-related instability and improve general performance and reduce micro-stutters
Improved Clouds performance on high and ultra settings
Improved swap-chain buffering to allow for smoother frame-pacing
Graphical Improvements

Fixed clouds looking pixelated in certain windowed resolutions
Added FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening functionality to Graphics Settings
Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:40 PM   #447
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

although the characters/world seems void/empty, the game's sweet. Fun fighting times.
It just doesn't have a busy lived in world like the witcher. Maybe with more $$ they can make the 2nd game more lively
Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:51 PM   #448
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
although the characters/world seems void/empty, the game's sweet. Fun fighting times.
It just doesn't have a busy lived in world like the witcher. Maybe with more $$ they can make the 2nd game more lively
That’s kind of the whole point of the world and story. You have to stop and take the time to read and listen to a lot of it because there’s no one left to tell it.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:09 PM   #449
KAC
That postcount though...

There is a second game coming. The story in this game was beautiful even though a bit cliched.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:57 PM   #450
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Finished the main story last night at lvl 40, here's my thoughts on the ending and the game in general:

Ending
The ending was..OK. I have no problem with the story part of it, although it came across very convenient and sappy (all tribes coming together quickly for ex). As well as hastily put together/rushed. Lots of potential for Aloy to help prepare the troops, provide communication/provide foreign affairs, scout, etc. There was a lot of build up to finding out about Hades/multiple quests, then all of the sudden a war starts after a nap.

Final Battle
I expected more from the last battles. Three stages, all we're very easy and "controlled". In a game that had this expansive world, with this huge war coming, all three battles felt very small to me. There was potential there to wake up "new" machines, something large/huge that would require more thought to killing, incorporate climbing and other aspects of the game. I was expecting a fourth battle where Hades takes over longneck or something and I'd have to take it down. Would have been much more satisfying

Other stuff
I appreciate this game driving voice vs text in conversations, but please for the love of god work on the dialogue and character expressions in the next game. Some of the exchanges were awkward and the facial expressions just bad. It really pulled you out of the story seeing Aloy look like she's shitting her pants at the end of a conversation

I really enjoyed the expansive world, the environments were amazing and looked great. But the world needed more human life and activity. It was great coming across other eclipse/black sun (whatever they were) out fighting machines because it meant other people were in this world with me. They needed to add some smaller settlements of people, hunting groups, etc out and about to create some sort of human element to the rest of the environment.

I liked the weapons/ammo/crafting setup to a point, but wish there was more of a requirement to use it. I think I could have completed the entire game with fire and hardpoint arrows. Perhaps the buildouts will shine in higher difficulties/DLC. Although not sure I will do another playthrough, will def hit the DLC though as I read the final battle is much more satisfying.

I'll definitely bang the DLC and any sequels.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote