Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Oct 25, 2020, 01:13 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default O11 Dynamic XL - The Legend Of Hapatingjaky

Sup homies?

Well I finally had time to sit down and take some pics of the 011 Dynamic and do a little review of my own.

This all started a few months back, I had just put my Intel 10900KFC and Asus Maximus XII Apex into the Thermaltake View 71. And while doing cabling and just looking at the system I kind of felt like the case doesn't do my setup justice anymore. So I proceeded to look at newer cases. Maybe A View 91 or something from Corsair, but nothing really caught my eye. That is until I watched a review from Greasy Steve over at Gamers Nexus touting his horn about the 011 Dynamic. I watched, I listened I purchased.

After looking at specs and judging what I wanted to do with the setup I went on down to the local southside Memory Express and purchase the O11 Dynamic XL White ROG Der8auer edition. Roman what were you thinking?

Now lets start off with a nice shot of the case. Looks great right? No plastic crap, all anodized aluminum and tempered glass. The tempered glass is quite heavy, alot heavier then the tempered glass in the View 71. But the build of the case just feels exceptional and sturdy as opposed to the View 71with all the plastic, steel and tempered glass.

The other thing that stands out is with the View 71 all sides of the pannel are tempered glass. This means that your cable management on the right side of the chassis behind the motherboard trail will be visible. On the 011 Dynamic only the front and left side of the chassis have tempered glass, hiding any cable management rats nests that might crop up. KAC I'm looking at you.

Now lets get in to the nitty gritty of chassis and my first of many issues I ran in to with this case.

So I proceeded to gut the case of all the garbage I wouldn't need. And I have to say it was very easy to pull apart. Everything is mounted behind the motherboard HDD/SDD caddies and even the PSU as you can see in the screenshot. And this is where I run in to my first issue... The PSU wouldn't fit. According to the spec the O11 Dynamic should hold PSU up to lengths of 280MM according to the specs page for the chassis. It does not.... My PSU is 225MM long and it runs in to the controller for the ARGB/DRGB... This would have to be removed and placed elsewhere which there is not a spot anywhere else for it. The length of The PSU if over 220MM will also impede the installation of the aluminum bracket that hides most of your cabling. Because of the length and width of the PSU this could not be re-installed. Its not a big issue but it does effect the asthetics of the chassis even though it is hidden behind the side panel... But I know its there and it annoys me.

Now I had also planned on mounting the Corsair H150i Pro on the side next to the motherboard but push pull would have been an issue for many reasosn:

1.) I would have to mount the first 3 fans on the rad behind the motherboard tray. Which would not really be an issue if it weren't for the fact I am using 2x Corsair Commander Pro's and 2x Corsair RGB Hubs. I've got 6x Corsair ML120's on the radiator in push/pull. I've also got 4x Corsair ML140's for intake and exhaust which leads in to issue 2.

2.) The cabling. Yes the 011 Dynamic takes cable management to an entirely new level. That is if you don't over do it... My plan was to have 13x ML120's in the case. But after the final setup I knew this just wasn't possible. Off the 13 fans alone there would be 26 cables and would require 3x Corsair Commander Pro's and 3x Corsair RGB hubs... and then the cables off of those and including all the other cables. There just isn't enough room behind the motherboard tray to house all the cabling in a system like this.

Moving on....................

So I decided I would bottom mount it. Remembering the video from NitWit done by Lyle and the Radiator Placement vid from JayZTwoCents there was no way I would top mount it. So I decided to bottom mount the H150, which because of the provided bracket makes it so idiot proof that even KAC could do it, maybe.

This is by far one of the best features of the case, the radiator bracket. I was hoping that I could maybe use this to side mount the H150 like I had originally planned too but it only works in the bottom of chassis. If Lian Li does new version of the O11 they should make it so the bracket can mount to the side and top as well. It would just make rad mounting so easy anywhere in the chassis.

Now the cut outs a bottom of the chassis to allow airflow from the bottom are bad, if I were Lian Lin in a future version of the chassis is to remove them and just put a giant hole. The dust filters do an excellent job at keeping dust out of the system. Removing this would greatly increase airflow, and I would do the same with the side mount as well as there is a similar cut out on the side panel for that mounting option.

Not the first case to do this to me and probably won't be the last but this really annoys me. I would think that in higher quality cases that lining up would not be an issue but it is. In the View 71 no matter what I had 3 motherboard points that wouldn't line up to screw everything in. On the O11 the motherboard mounted fine but the PSU was a no go. No matter what I could not get the bottom 2 to lineup and I wasn't going to strip any screws in order to do it....

THE FINAL PRODUCT??? I think not. After all that said and done I am not too happy with the setup, but I can correct alot of issues.

First off I am replacing the original modular cables to the AX1500i with some premium cables from Corsair. The original cables are way too bulky and you really can't bend them all too well. This will clean up the cabling behind and make it look alot nicer as I've ordered white cables.

Secondly I am replacing all the fans in the system with Lian Li Uni 120's. This will help to eliminate even more cables as you can daisy chain the fans. But its difficult to find these in stock anywhere. Newegg doesn't carry them and Memory Express is constantly sold out...

As for cooling the case is phenomenal. Yes it is made for water cooling but it works great especially when you match up intake on the bottom with exhaust on the top. My M.2, CPU and especially GPU all run cooler.

All under load:

M.2 = 38c
CPU = 42c ( Gaming )
CPU = 68c ( Cinebench R20 )
GPU = 62c ( Gaming )

All fans are currently set to a custom low RPM mode.

Now the front IO setup is great, 2x USB3.1 and 1x USB Type C Connector. On the XL edition there is an additional USB3.1 connectors at the bottom of the chassis. The issue with this is I've never seen a motherboard that supports 4x USB 3.x connectors utilizing 2x connections internally. All motherboard come with one and an adapter would need to be purchased in order for me to be able to use all 4. But I don't need it.

Now can this chassis be improved on?

1.) The chassis itself should be bigger, 5" longer, 5" higher and 2" deeper. Would be a great start. This would really allow to fit PSU's larger then 220MM. Again I feel Lian Li mislead consumers on the length of PSU's you can fit in this chassis. As you can see I ran in to issues even though my PSU is within spec for the chassis according to Lian Li, but it is not with modifying the chassis for it to fit properly.

2.) Removing the cut out portions for intake would greatly increase cooling performance and would not sacrifice asthetics.

3.) Replace the aluminum top cover with a third tempered glass panel would look great.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64

Last edited by Hapatingjaky : Oct 28, 2020 at 12:22 PM.
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 01:20 PM   #2
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Very nice Happa, KAC will be jelly, again.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 01:27 PM   #3
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Very nice Happa, KAC will be jelly, again.
KAC's probably buying all the different versions of the O11 Dynamic XL right now to see what looks best and then will try and sell all the ones he doesn't keep.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 25, 2020, 01:59 PM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
KAC's probably buying all the different versions of the O11 Dynamic XL right now to see what looks best and then will try and sell all the ones he doesn't keep.
Seems to be his way.

yoz
Old Oct 25, 2020, 02:28 PM   #5
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Ahahaha. Look at that fine cable management. That looks like garbage. Bottom mounted rad as well.

I am dying of laughter. Well I really hope the final product is not even close to this crap. That case is atrocious. It’s like a big fat box.

Dibs on the Corsair fans though. . Oh and great job.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 03:01 PM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

yoz
Old Oct 25, 2020, 03:13 PM   #7
Roadhog
Sausages

Roadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks good.

KAC doesn't know what he's talking about. The bottom mount is perfectly fine and won't affect your GPU temps in any way that matters. The fans blowing on the GPU likely help with temps anyways.

That PSU is huge though. haha. I went with the new Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 that comes in 1200W and 1500W. It's only 200MM long and fit perfectly.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1943
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 03:30 PM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Guys am I the only one missing the extremely ugly cables on the card, on top of the rad, the rad USB cable and the big ass tubes going all the way down. For the amount of shite he gives me about my cable management skills; hot damn this looks like utter garbage. Also the **** he was talking about my RGB. That at least looks color coordinated vs this randomized crap. Also don’t even get me started on the pussy GSkill Royal kits. It is as if the woman is on her period when she orders a GSkill Royal. Ahahaha.

Also what Mangler said below me.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 03:31 PM   #9
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What kac is talking about is this config is the one that is most likely to have air trapped in the pump.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 05:46 PM   #10
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Oh I know its not ideal. Bottom mount you will just get the coldest air in. And for now its working.

I plan to side mount it once I can get rid of the Corsair Commanders and RGB Hubs and move over to the Lian Li UNI's. Once I can get the fans It will be 6x 120 UNI on the rad push/pull, 3x 120 UNI's in the bottom for intake, 3x 120 UNI's on the top for exhaust and 1x 120 UNI on the back for exhaust.

Better setup then KAC's though.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 07:49 PM   #11
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Nice thread, Hapa! Rig looks sweet!
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 08:03 PM   #12
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
Nice thread, Hapa! Rig looks sweet!
Rig looks like ****.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:00 PM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

Hapa will the fans also fix the terrible case?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:14 PM   #14
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

What's that Cyber Power you have?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:27 PM   #15
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
What's that Cyber Power you have?
Cyberpower CP1500O
Old Oct 28, 2020, 09:08 AM   #16
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Seems like the XL model would've been a better fit for your needs.

RYZEN 3800X
32GB GSKILL PC3600
ASUS TUF X570
NVIDIA 3090 FE
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 09:34 AM   #17
Roadhog
Sausages

Roadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:21 PM   #18
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
That's the one I got.

My white cables arrived today for the PSU. I see a re-wire job in my future...
Old Oct 28, 2020, 01:34 PM   #19
KAC
That postcount though...

When are you getting all white parts?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:11 PM   #20
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
When are you getting all white parts?
Memexpress has the case fans on order right now.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:17 PM   #21
KAC
That postcount though...

I was talking about board, ram, psu, and aio. Having black stuff on white build looks like dirty ass.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:28 PM   #22
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Indeed, buy the white corsair AIO, a Gigabyte vision 30x0, and that nzxt motherboard.

Just do it.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:28 PM   #23
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
I was talking about board, ram, psu, and aio. Having black stuff on white build looks like dirty ass.
Not with all the RGB.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:36 PM   #24
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Not with all the RGB.
Even with RGB. It looks like utter crap.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 04:06 PM   #25
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Even with RGB. It looks like utter crap.
Dawg, you have red cables in a cramped black case.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 09:58 PM   #26
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Dawg, you have red cables in a cramped black case.
That go with the red graphics card I just bought.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:41 AM   #27
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
That's the one I got.

My white cables arrived today for the PSU. I see a re-wire job in my future...
I'm surprised you had so much trouble with it. My evga 1200w PSU fit without any problems and I like how things turned out with it. Since this is a world of customization we live in here in this hobby, must be that your specific config doesn't really work well with it. Sorry to see that.

Your photos got me looking at my setup again and I can see some room for improvement with a few cables being routed better than they are.

One minor complaint, though I can't say it's the fault of the case, is the fans I have on intake. I ended up having to get QL series corsair fans or the lighting was not going to look right from the rear.

RYZEN 3800X
32GB GSKILL PC3600
ASUS TUF X570
NVIDIA 3090 FE
Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:44 AM   #28
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That's why you avoid RGB and go for pure performance; lighting isn't an issue then

When I look at other peoples rigs, I realize just how ****ing massive my Z390 DARK is. It takes EATX to a whole other level lol ..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:51 AM   #29
Riptide

I avoided the whole rainbow effect thing and just have a two color theme going with no pulsing effects, etc.. I've had a case window for 10 years or so now and before this was using cold cathodes. Always enjoyed the look and being able to see the parts in the machine.

But I agree completely that it is easier to not bother with lighting at all. Saves money too.

RYZEN 3800X
32GB GSKILL PC3600
ASUS TUF X570
NVIDIA 3090 FE
Old Oct 29, 2020, 08:52 AM   #30
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You'd think it would save money until you're spending money on Noctua A12x25's, and for 6 fans you're $190 deep LOL

I will say though, putting those 6 in and replacing the 2 ML140s and 3 ML120 Pro's reduced all temps by 3-4c, and GPU by 6c under load. Very impressed. The best part is I'm running them all 150-250rpm lower than the ML120s were and they are pushing far more air.

Roadhog made me do it
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote