Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:49 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default New Bioshock game next year?

https://www.gamesradar.com/more-clue...for-next-year/

During its Quarterly Earnings call held last week, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick revealed (via GameRant) that the publisher currently has the "strongest development pipeline in history", and that fans of its games can expect "sequels from our biggest franchises as well as exciting new IP.

Incidentally, that same week a new job listing was discovered on 2K's website for an "End Game Design Lead" position in Novato, California, the same location of the secretive 2K Parkside studio that Kotaku reported was working on a new BioShock game last year.

The position reveals that 2K is looking to "build a post-narrative set of systems, quests, and player progression that gives our fanatic fangirls and fanboys more content to experience on an ongoing, live-service basis", suggesting that this sequel to 2013's BioShock: Infinite could be heading in the direction of many Games as a Service titles like Destiny 2 and Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.

A post on the BioShock Reddit forums has also put together a list of names and respected developers who appear to be working at this Novato-based studio on a mysterious, unannounced project, many of whom were involved in the making of immersive sims like Prey and the original BioShock games.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:52 AM   #2
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Love the BioShock games. Infinity, not as much. The under water gave it that extra punch. But I feel that story is done. They need to have a whole new story.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:59 AM   #3
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Love the BioShock games. Infinity, not as much. The under water gave it that extra punch. But I feel that story is done. They need to have a whole new story.
I feel the same. The atmosphere of the first two games was a big part of the enjoyment for me. The city in the clouds thing with Infinite didn't work with me.

If they can return to a darker more claustrophobic setting I might be interested again.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:03 PM   #4
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I feel the same. The atmosphere of the first two games was a big part of the enjoyment for me. The city in the clouds thing with Infinite didn't work with me.

If they can return to a darker more claustrophobic setting I might be interested again.
I am of the same mind. I did not even bother Finishing Infinite.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:10 PM   #5
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord View Post
I slogged through and eventually finished it. Took a long time though.

Just found it incredibly dull.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:25 PM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I slogged through and eventually finished it. Took a long time though.

Just found it incredibly dull.
I liked the DLC for Infinite.

yoz
Old Nov 13, 2019, 02:35 PM   #7
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I only got a couple hours into Infinite, didn't love it. I mean, I love the environment, but the gameplay felt more like a shooting gallery, as bad fps titles often do. Maybe it gets better later in the game? I'll never know though, because my policy is never to slog through a boring game to get to the good part.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 03:29 PM   #8
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I only got a couple hours into Infinite, didn't love it. I mean, I love the environment, but the gameplay felt more like a shooting gallery, as bad fps titles often do. Maybe it gets better later in the game? I'll never know though, because my policy is never to slog through a boring game to get to the good part.
It doesn't get any better.

Only new mechanics I can remember are the sky-line and Elizabeth as an NPC to help you in combat. Neither of which were all that great.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 03:32 PM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
It doesn't get any better.

Only new mechanics I can remember are the sky-line and Elizabeth as an NPC to help you in combat. Neither of which were all that great.
They weren't. Nice visuals though.

yoz
Old Nov 13, 2019, 03:48 PM   #10
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hope they look at Infinite and do a game that's nothing like it

BS1 & BS2 =
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 04:07 PM   #11
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I have a terrible track record for finishing games. They have to be really good to hold my interest til the end. IIRC, I finished BS:Infinity, so it must have been good. Can't remember a dang thing about it, though, other than Elizabeth being hot.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 06:47 PM   #12
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Hope they look at Infinite and do a game that's nothing like it

BS1 & BS2 =
Wasn't Infinite done by Human Head? Hopefully their new studio won't be involved. Infinite just felt so generic. The first 2 were great.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 07:25 PM   #13
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizbuka View Post
Wasn't Infinite done by Human Head? Hopefully their new studio won't be involved. Infinite just felt so generic. The first 2 were great.
Infinite was done by Ken Levine and his dev team at Irrational. Some employees left the studio after BioShock 1 to create 2K Marin because they had issues with Ken. They made BS2 and then Ken and his lackeys made Infinite.

The team at 2K Marin (BS2) have been working on a BioShock game since ~2014. So it's about due for release.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 07:40 PM   #14
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Well, I liked Infinite. The other ones too.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 09:13 PM   #15
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
The team at 2K Marin (BS2) have been working on a BioShock game since ~2014. So it's about due for release.
Really? Source?

yoz
Old Nov 13, 2019, 09:52 PM   #16
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t think we need another Biocock game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:14 PM   #17
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

I don't usually like when they come along later with a prequel game, but it could work for Bioshock. Would be kinda cool to be a part of early Rapture.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:07 PM   #18
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Really? Source?
May 2014

Quote:
“We think [BioShock is] important and certainly something that we’re focused on; something 2K Marin will be responsible for shepherding going forward."
https://www.vg247.com/2014/05/30/bio...d-by-2k-marin/
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:30 AM   #19
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord View Post
yep yep and yep
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 01:12 AM   #20
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
A little vague but good enough, thanks.

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2019, 01:52 AM   #21
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I was really happy with the second one. it kept a lot of what made the first one so good and introduced a couple new ideas.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 03:06 AM   #22
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I was really happy with the second one. it kept a lot of what made the first one so good and introduced a couple new ideas.
And better combat.

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:06 PM   #23
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

BS 1 and 2 was awesome.

Infinity was ok... not bad but it wasn't the same as 1-2
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:40 PM   #24
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I never played Infinite because of user reviews, but loved the first 2. I think (as previously stated) that it wouldn't feel right without that cloying, claustrophobic environment. 2 out of 3 isn't bad though, so I'll keep some hopes up for the next one.

I'd love a dark, lush, over grown jungle setting, ruins, underground old labs etc. I'm a sucker for those environments.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 06:09 PM   #25
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

So I guess the question is whether they'll go back to Rapture? Or some other setting? I feel like Rapture is so heavily linked with the series. Maybe they could pick a different era for Rapture and sort of reboot it.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 07:57 PM   #26
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
So I guess the question is whether they'll go back to Rapture? Or some other setting? I feel like Rapture is so heavily linked with the series. Maybe they could pick a different era for Rapture and sort of reboot it.
Can you imagine Rapture with RT effects? Love to see that.

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:06 PM   #27
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I never played Infinite because of user reviews, but loved the first 2. I think (as previously stated) that it wouldn't feel right without that cloying, claustrophobic environment. 2 out of 3 isn't bad though, so I'll keep some hopes up for the next one.

I'd love a dark, lush, over grown jungle setting, ruins, underground old labs etc. I'm a sucker for those environments.
i still have your fancy physical box of bioshock 1
Old Nov 15, 2019, 07:44 AM   #28
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i still have your fancy physical box of bioshock 1
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:21 AM   #29
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

"live-service basis"

buy-o-shock
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:56 AM   #30
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty