Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 28, 2020, 06:15 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Good to hear it doesn't have MTX. Hopefully they don't take out the ending as DLC though.
I want my MTX! Wait, WTF is MTX?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2020, 06:55 PM   #212
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I want my MTX! Wait, WTF is MTX?
Massive Trump Xenomorph

microtransactions
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2020, 07:02 PM   #213
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Massive Trump Xenomorph

microtransactions
TY, do not want.....either.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 29, 2020, 04:04 PM   #214
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

No micro transactions confirmed!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2020, 08:29 PM   #215
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sad that we have to have confirmations about micro to feel happier about a game that keeps getting delayed.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 08:11 AM   #216
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

If MTX is just cosmetic **** then I could careless. But if they add Pay To Win MTX then **** that ****.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:06 PM   #217
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t think anyone adds PTW MTX anymore.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:18 PM   #218
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I assume you aren't talking about f2p?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
If MTX is just cosmetic **** then I could careless. But if they add Pay To Win MTX then **** that ****.
Totally agree. Don't change the game itself for that crap!
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2020, 01:57 AM   #219
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm not sold on the theme parky aproach on locations, city, snow (that level really doesn't work imo), planet, base, weird city sth sth. I'd rather see a single strong theme like in 2016, ie the city from the first trailer with thematically connected detours or sth.

Also hope there's no killing angels or whatever they are presented as in game. There's something pure in the just slaughter the demons asap aproach and the pseudo subversive direction that is long time a cliche now would ruin it a bit for me.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2020, 06:44 PM   #220
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:48 PM   #221
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Well it looks like they're doing the awful RAGE 2 tutorials.

I hope we can turn that **** off but I doubt we'll be able to turn off being teleported to a small room so we can be shown how a shotgun works.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 06:30 AM   #222
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That would be weird because I saw an interview with them about 2016 where they brag about how they respect player's intelligence and how they incorporated tutorials into the gameplay. Also,the doom slayer throwing the screen when the guy starts explaining things was a **** the script but also **** the tutorials type of message to the player.

On the other hand, they seem to do a lot of things against what they said there and against the design of 2016. More script, more and seriously treated lore, cinematics in 3rd person, not to mention more parkour and platforming, hated that in 2016 already and they seem to double down on it. I'm not even hyping myself, there's quite a possibility that I'll just fire Doom 2 on gzdoom again and enjoy the better game (and possibly better ground textures heh), then pick this up for 15$ equivalent at some point.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2020, 07:53 PM   #223
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Tutorials? Even Doom3 don't have any tutorials. I've watch some videos here and there, I don't think I'll buy this during launch.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2020, 05:02 PM   #224
Megaman
Packing heat!

The more I watch these videos the more I lose interest in this Arena style game

Old Feb 12, 2020, 05:57 PM   #225
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I'm one of the weird ones that kinda liked Doom 2016 mp. Not really interested in this new one, although I understand why they changed it.

I think they should have just pushed some coop modes, like full campaign or survival.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 08:03 AM   #226
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I think they should have just pushed some coop modes, like full campaign or survival.
This. Maybe they were hesitant after the reception Wolf:Youngblood had?

yoz
Old Feb 17, 2020, 02:40 AM   #227
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Campaign coop has no legs in the long run.
I do wish there was a fleshed out survival mode though.

Frankly I am excited for Battlemode and think id Software should be applauded for it.
It's not just some tacked on multiplayer component or Battle Royale nonsense; it truly feels like an actual labor of love.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:30 AM   #228
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
Campaign coop has no legs in the long run.
How so? Last man standing mod for Doom 3 was wildly popular. Nioh was released 3 years ago and I still, as of last night, rarely wait more than 30 seconds before I'm in someone's game.

People enjoy playing through together.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:58 PM   #229
KAC
That postcount though...

When this gay gonna release?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 05:04 AM   #230
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

20th of March. No system specs yet?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 09:19 PM   #231
KAC
That postcount though...

They are in my system specs tab.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:44 AM   #232
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Damn the wait is so long!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:42 AM   #233
KAC
That postcount though...

Picked this up for 40 from cdkeys.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 05:18 PM   #234
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Picked this up for 40 from cdkeys.
You'll need a GPU upgrade to max this out though.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 06:58 PM   #235
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
You'll need a GPU upgrade to max this out though.
Nah, he won't.

yoz
Old Feb 23, 2020, 07:42 PM   #236
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This is going to run fine on a 1080 Ti at 4K.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2020, 08:15 PM   #237
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

It's doom guys, it'll run on a 486 no probs. Just make sure u have a sound blaster 32 compatible system.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 08:55 PM   #238
KAC
That postcount though...

I am pretty sure Megagay was just being his usual gay self.

I am about 15% slower than a 2080 Ti. I am sure I can survive.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 09:08 PM   #239
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The engine is new an no longer using MEGATEXTURE arch. I have a feeling its not going to run well on most past gen GPU's even with it on Vulkan.

The enviroments will be bigger, the enemies more detailed and with location damage this is going to be a beast of an engine.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:02 PM   #240
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

no longer using megatexture? Allow me to celebrate this great news.