Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 13, 2022, 08:29 AM   #6001
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Strange, I really think my MSI 3080 has really good thermals and fan noise. I use a custom fan curve though, and framerate caps to limit GPU usage and thus heat. Fans never really go above 74% or so.

Plus I enjoy audio at a decent volume when gaming so it drowns it out completely. I suppose you'd hear the fans more if just mining. But I don't do that dumb **** so doesn't matter.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2022, 08:32 AM   #6002
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

I have had zero issues with fan noise with my 3080 EVGA FTW3, although I like fan noise as long as it isnt something high pitched.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2022, 08:46 AM   #6003
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I guess if you like it, just doesn’t seem like you get anything of value out of it though.
I mean if a person enjoys or likes something then they are basically getting value out of it. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Not everyone likes fast cars either but I do. They can't 'understand' that either. Variety is the spice of life I guess? lol
Quote:
I have had zero issues with fan noise with my 3080 EVGA FTW3, although I like fan noise as long as it isnt something high pitched.
I'm actually kind of surprised that gddr6x memory issues are still a thing at this point and on 3080Ti cards. It isn't the first time this type of thing has happened but why these companies won't put an extra $25 into better pads and resolve these issues somewhere along in the production cycle makes no sense to me.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 13, 2022, 08:51 AM   #6004
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I guess if you like it, just doesn’t seem like you get anything of value out of it though.
I am making money out of it.
It’s peanuts but it pays for the cards over time.

Gay bought the card. Sold for 150$ profit.
Sent my son to pickup a Palit 3080 Ti.

Last edited by KAC : May 13, 2022 at 12:28 PM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2022, 02:19 PM   #6005
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Finally silence.

I am definitely going to be selling the EVGA 3090 Ti and pick up the Palit 3090 Ti.

Never buying another card except Palit Gamerock. All other brands can eat my dick. Gonna fix up lighting laters.

Old May 13, 2022, 09:47 PM   #6006
KAC

For more context.

This gen I tried Palit, Gigabyte, EVGA, ASUS, Zotac and MSI. Only ASUS TUF and Palit were truly silent cards. Gigabyte also did well with their gaming OC cards that I tried. However, VRAM has only been decent on Palit for GDDRX memory. All other cards routinely hit 102-110 C VRAM when mining. Most would hit 100% fan speed if you didn’t set fan speed manually. Palit even without a manual curve never hits 100%.

Models I tried are:

EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra - VRAM 104 C
Asus TUF 3080 - VRAM 110 C
EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra - VRAM 104 C
EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid Kit - VRAM 110 C
Gigabyte 3070 Gaming OC
ASUS 3070 Dual KO
Palit Gamerock 3070
Gigabyte Eagle 3080 Ti - VRAM 100 C
MSI Suprim X 3080 Ti - VRAM 106 C
Zotac 3080 12 GB - VRAM 94 C
Palit Gamerock 3080 Ti - VRAM 96 C
Palit 3070
Incoming is EVGA 3090 Ti FTW3 - TBD

Fan noise was worst in Zotac. Second would be MSI. Third EVGA.

Palit gamerock cards have been dope af. Next time I am only ever buying these.

Last edited by KAC : May 13, 2022 at 09:54 PM.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:09 PM   #6007
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The 3090's also have memory chips on the rear so I would expect those to be hotter. 3090 obviously draws more power than the others so you could expect higher temps & fan speed too.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:41 PM   #6008
KAC

I know and that is why I have been surprised with EVGA 3080 FTW3, ASUS TUF and most recently MSI 3080 Ti Suprim X doing so bad. If you left fan on auto it would ramp up all the way to 100%. If you messed with the fan the VRAM would hit 104-106 C routinely. Heck even my 3090 with a 76% fan curve would hit 108 C when not checked or if someone pushed in the chair all the way in (blocked partially airflow to the case under the table).
Old May 15, 2022, 07:49 AM   #6009
KAC

Finally a card that isn’t a noisy mofo.

Old May 15, 2022, 09:50 AM   #6010
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks win to me!

Don't even really need the e-leash with these. The card is well built enough it is basically able to support itself without needing a prop up.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2022, 10:00 AM   #6011
KAC

Yes thicc boi stays erect on its own. No sag unlike the 3090 FTW3.
Also it is actually silent. I love it.
Also overclocks to +130 core and +1300 memory. Boosts to 2130 MHz.

VRAM max I saw was 88 C.