Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Jan 15, 2004, 05:14 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Allegro

Allegro is still being judged by the masses

Default Internal audio connector on 7500 AIW

I read through previous posts here on the notion of internal audio connection from the AIW to a soundcard, as well as Google, but still am unsure whether the only connector on my card (white) is truly an audio out or not.

I want to connect my 7500 AIW to a new Audigy 2zs Platinum Pro soundcard with a breakout box. In the past I had it hooked up externally to the SB Live, but now there are no audio ins on the Audigy card. I can't believe I will actually have to run 3 foot of cord to the breakout box, and figure it will act like a radio antennae. I also desperately need all the inputs on the breakout box.

Creative won't talk to me about the AIW - ATI replied to my email with a form reply that had nothing to do with the problem. The only page they have that addresses internal audio connections is a study in vagueness. Talked to guy at a computer build place who scared me when he said it could be a power connector, in which case I'd fry the card. Meanwhile my cpu has been sitting in the middle of the dining table for 5 days now, and my life is on hold without Outlook telling me what to do!

The computer guy handed me a CD audio cable, but I'm afraid to try it without some definitive reassurance that the white connector is for sure audio out. The two ends of the cable are black, skinny, have 3 pieces of metal showing on one side, with 3 wires, red, black and white.

Thanks in advance for any help someone can provide.

Jan
P4 - 2.4 ghz - WinXP Pro
7500 AIW Radeon - Purchased Feb of 2002
Audigy 2 zs Platinum Pro
Allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2004, 05:59 AM   #2
SciDoctor
Radeon Northern Islands

SciDoctor is still being judged by the masses

Old Jan 17, 2004, 01:49 AM   #3
Allegro

Allegro is still being judged by the masses

Thanks for the help I got here.. Someone posted a reply last night that helped me figure it out, but that post is no longer here...

Got the right cable today, hooked it from AIW 7500 to Audigy 2zs Plat Pro, software all installed without a hitch (that was a shocker), card sounds terrific. Clicked on the TV icon to catch up on all the news I missed this week while installing the new card and... NO TV! My worst fear realized - the Audigy installation hosed my AIW. If I can't fix it with new AIW drivers, guess I'll be back for ideas.
Thx, Jan
Allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad