Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Oct 2, 2019, 08:40 AM   #6091
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Airbag light came back this morning
That sucks man. Can't seem to catch a break.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:00 AM   #6092
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That sucks man. Can't seem to catch a break.
The only good thing about this is if this winds up being an ongoing issue that they can't resolve then I'd be able to lemon law it...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:41 AM   #6093
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

just set the truck on fire. that thing is a nightmare.

i thought my wrx was bad
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:54 AM   #6094
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
The only good thing about this is if this winds up being an ongoing issue that they can't resolve then I'd be able to lemon law it...
Request a buyback, don't enact lemon law. Lemon law will put you on the wrong side of the manufacture, and be alot more difficult. Hold that as a last resort, trust me. Request buyback first.

EDIT*** Wanted to add, Lemon Law varys state by state aswell, make sure you read your stats policies. For example IL is pretty difficult. Has to be 3 repairs or more for the _same_ concern, no variation, and the dealership has to agree that there is no ability to resolve (give up). It can be very time consuming, and expensive. Requesting a buyback tends to be a lot easier, and often you don't have to go through the hoops.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Oct 2, 2019 at 12:21 PM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2019, 03:34 PM   #6095
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
They are easy to get, however, they set a flag in the ECU that when the car is scanned by VW it reports back to VW HQ and lets them know it's tuned. Goodbye engine warranty.

Piggyback tuners can be good too, like JB4, which is a newer version of the JB1 that he removed.
Honestly, if you are tuning like that and your tune blows the engine, that's kinda shady to warranty it. Though if VW wipes your entire warranty that's worse.

That car isn't that old, that's a lot of revisions pretty quick, so the early ones must of been pretty bad.

That reminds me, I need to find a place that can flash the Beetle's ECU. There were a few places with tunes, since it's basically a Golf/Jetta...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2019, 08:16 PM   #6096
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Honestly, if you are tuning like that and your tune blows the engine, that's kinda shady to warranty it. Though if VW wipes your entire warranty that's worse.

That car isn't that old, that's a lot of revisions pretty quick, so the early ones must of been pretty bad.

That reminds me, I need to find a place that can flash the Beetle's ECU. There were a few places with tunes, since it's basically a Golf/Jetta...
They can only wipe the warranty if they prove the tune caused the damage. And that would only be the warranty for whatever part. Life if your engine was tuned, you would still have suspension warranty.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2019, 09:03 AM   #6097
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Current loaner, an absolute chonker.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 06:55 PM   #6098
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
They can only wipe the warranty if they prove the tune caused the damage. And that would only be the warranty for whatever part. Life if your engine was tuned, you would still have suspension warranty.
That's correct, my cousin owns a VW dealership here in Peru and talked with him before tuning my GLI, it was already out of warranty but was curious anyway.
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | ASUS ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080 8GB @2063/10010Mhz | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + CM Storm Sirus | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red+ Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | 2 x XFX Radeon R9-290X Black Edition 4GB Crossfire | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:46 PM   #6099
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

Current loaner, an absolute chonker.
And this chonkin huge truck, with 2 extra cylinders and a lot more displacement is getting the exact same mpg as my Colorado. What the hell is wrong with my truck?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 07:58 AM   #6100
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Most mid sized trucks don't really do much better than the 1/2 tons do. They're typically 1-2MPG better at best in the real world.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:41 AM   #6101
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Most mid sized trucks don't really do much better than the 1/2 tons do. They're typically 1-2MPG better at best in the real world.
My buddy has a crew cab Colorado, same year/drivetrain as mine, and averages 21mpg, gets up to 24mpg highway. I don't even get close to that.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:42 AM   #6102
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

your truck is worse than my shitbox

RIP elysian
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 8, 2019, 05:08 PM   #6103
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Soo... new spring and diaphragm in the fuel pressure regulator... New EGR control solenoid and regulator. A bunch of tuning to be redone!

Sigh... sometimes I regret not going MS, but it's all about learning. MS kinda sucks because I have to basically make all the trigger wheels and sensor mounts to control the fuel and ignition systems.

Maybe if I get brave I'll actually dyno it... lol

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2019, 08:08 PM   #6104
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got my truck back. They traced the problem to a chafed wire under the drivers side seat. No idea how that would even happen.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 05:57 PM   #6105
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got another appointment on the 24th Bucking hard when accelerating from a stop on a turn with only 1/4 or less pedal. Been an issue since day 1, thought the trans flush might fix it but no, still bucks hard enough to throw the rear end around sometimes.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 02:00 PM   #6106
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Took the Golf R to the dragstrip last night with a bunch of friends. Loud bang from the rear on the first launch/pass. My Golf R is now a GTI, front drive only. Seems like the Haldex pump filter is clogged, and I'm not sure the extent of it yet. Will likely bring this one into the dealer as it's under warranty. It's possible the Haldex is ****ed.

Did I mentioned it was a terrible year for cars? Yep, nothing has changed.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 03:17 PM   #6107
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Why can't you just let the daily be a daily man LOL
Old Oct 19, 2019, 03:28 PM   #6108
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Why can't you just let the daily be a daily man LOL

Do all the things with all the things. If I just wanted a basic daily go get from A to B, I'd be driving an old Honda Civic.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 03:37 PM   #6109
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:

Do all the things with all the things. If I just wanted a basic daily go get from A to B, I'd be driving an old Honda Civic.
You're not gonna have any cars left if you keep this up
Old Oct 19, 2019, 03:39 PM   #6110
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
You're not gonna have any cars left if you keep this up
That's a sad fact.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 03:44 PM   #6111
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Red face

Quote:
That's a sad fact.
Found a mint condition 2004 C5Z w/ 60k miles. Owned by an older guy who drove it for summer cruises and garage kept during the winter. $17k he's asking. Just paid off the WRX I really don't want a car payment again but it's super tempting..
Old Oct 19, 2019, 04:05 PM   #6112
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Found a mint condition 2004 C5Z w/ 60k miles. Owned by an older guy who drove it for summer cruises and garage kept during the winter. $17k he's asking. Just paid off the WRX I really don't want a car payment again but it's super tempting..
The best possible year. The only one equipped with the Sachs shocks tested and tuned on the Nurburgring. Ring tuned...so you know it's good.

But yeah, anything 02+ is fantastic. With the 04 the best you can get. If you're looking, be careful with the 2002 models. Or, just swap out the valve springs and they are good to go. They put in the wrong valve springs for the more aggressive cam they swapped to in 2002 (2001 was 385hp, 2002+ is 405) and didn't change the springs for the higher lift. Lots of them were dumping needle bearings into the motor when the springs gave. They changed them out mid-year in production.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 04:25 PM   #6113
Nunz
RIP Roxen

**** you're making it worse... Lol