Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Sep 11, 2019, 08:05 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default prob in restarting

while playing armored warfare I had another of many shutdowns when the battle ended. I suspect it's due to overheating, however [i]this[i] time on restarting the display went blank with the power led blinking. after few restarts, including one from the BIOS and pressing the windows key+L things sorta returned to normal. the mobo had a Qcode thing and one code showed AA-reserved for ASL but didn't say what the state was. the board's a crosshair v formula z. first time this has happened. any ideas? thx

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Franklin

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 08:31 AM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Do you have shutdowns in other games? Do you have any other PSUs you can swap out for a while? What are your mobo and gpu temps?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 09:43 AM   #3
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

AW's the only game that does this. just had another after a few more battles straight. temp on this one was 47c in wattman on restarting. on a previous saw it was above 50. no other powerpack to use. no idea what the mobo temp is

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Franklin

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2019, 03:21 PM   #4
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Have you looked at the event viewer yet?
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 06:48 PM   #5
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

wattman acts up a lot. Probably power supply if the system reboots suddenly.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 08:10 PM   #6
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Typically when the system shuts down its one of two things.

1.) Overheating.

2.) Power.

Those are the only 2 reasons a system would just shutoff. If its restarting by itself it can be many things from bad ram to a simple driver issue or Bios.

Like other's have stated, check even viewer first. After that:

1.) Update the bios, since the system is older download 2201 off of Asus' site. That's unfortunately the latest. Make sure to reset bios defaults before updating. Once updated restore bios defaults again, let the system boot and then after it boots once reset and change the bios settings. I would not try overclocking anything just yet and I would just use the system at default.

2.) Update to the latest chipset driver and GPU driver. Make sure this is done to ensure you are on the latest driver.

Download something like HWInfo an monitor temps.

Post back and let us know how it goes.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 06:35 PM   #7
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

If you want to try a good bios that allows you to boot nvme drives.

try

https://www.win-raid.com/t2425f44-OF...-MOD-bios.html

I use this on my old crosshair formula z to boot from a cheap nvme (pcie ex 2 speeds only)
latest version is at post #240

Last edited by Bitey : Sep 12, 2019 at 06:53 PM.
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote